PDA

View Full Version : Romney speaks to 35,000 at Liberty University

presence
05-12-2012, 06:59 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0512/Mitt-Romney-courts-evangelicals-at-Liberty-University

I've been saying this for a while... we need a crowd of 25,000 or more at an upcoming event if we're in this game.

Time for a professionally promoted event with 2 weeks advanced notice.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369878-Promote-a-Stump-Event-for-25-000-PEOPLE
Promote a Stump Event for 25,000++ PEOPLE

Presence

bluesc
05-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Students are required to show up for guest appearances there. Don't be impressed.

kcchiefs6465
05-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Why and the hell is Romney speaking at Liberty University? They really didn't think to invite the champion of Liberty? Instead they get someone who openly admits he would have signed the NDAA into law with no provisions. I'm kind of offended.

presence
05-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Students are required to show up for guest appearances there. Don't be impressed.

It still makes good headlines. Where's Doug Wead, Jesse Benten... they should be scouting out universities that require attendance for guest appearances. Just because you knew there was a requirement doesn't change the headline for the average reader. If anything then I'm impressed with Romney's people stirring up this "attendence required" event. A 35k headline is a 35k headline.

presence

bluesc
05-12-2012, 07:13 PM
It still makes good headlines. Where's Doug Wead, Jesse Benten... they should be scouting out universities that require attendance for guest appearances. Just because you knew there was a requirement doesn't change the headline for the average reader. If anything then I'm impressed with Romney's people stirring up this "attendence required" event.

presence

Hasn't Ron already been there this year?

Drex
There was so much opposition to have Romney speak there. The liberty college FB had to be shut down because there was so much argument

Aratus
mitt just pitched to the evangelicals, hense Liberty U in lynchburg VA

kcchiefs6465
05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
There was so much opposition to have Romney speak there. The liberty college FB had to be shut down because there was so much argument
That makes me feel a little better.

presence
05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Hasn't Ron already been there this year?

I know he was there in 2/8/2008, don't recall this year

Clearly, there is push from the locals for Paul to speak there again.

What other "graduations" or similar events can we piggy back paul onto?

Is there an order of graduation cermemonies for major colleges on the net anywhere?

Eisenhower
05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
This doesn't mean anything. As previously stated, students are required to attend this.

Didn't we hear about a group of students from the same university protesting Romney coming to speak?

Lishy
05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3frsexccug0

Let's raid the video comments!!!

(But let's be constructive... Listen to bits of his speech and tear it apart!)

bluesc
05-12-2012, 07:59 PM

Oh shit, that caption picture made me LOL.

row333au
05-12-2012, 07:59 PM
How about documenting students, teachers and others to go on record regarding how they end up in attendance.... Did the university forced a mandatory attendance? Protest anomalies?............ youtube upload and make viral, blog with evidence and facts, get the scamming of 'heart of the people's support for romney' myths be busted big time..... Representative Congressman Dr. Ron Paul needs an overwhelming convincing public win, so no doubt of ever losing....

Jingles
05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Michele Obama came to my school's graduation this year. Stop complaining. I had to serve Secret Service members (well the praetorian guard) at work.

camp_steveo
05-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I doubt they will be chanting "President Romney!"

It would be funny as all get out if they started chanting "President Paul!" or "End the Fed!" :D

kcchiefs6465
05-12-2012, 08:15 PM

I really tried. Kind of like pulling teeth. Though at least when pulling teeth you have some wisdom there.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Liberty University was founded by Jerry Falwell, so, I would take that into consideration. It's not like he went to Hillsdale College. Hillsdale isn't as libertarian as it used to be, but I'd still argue it's probably the most libertarian university in America by a considerable margin.

bluesc
05-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Liberty University was founded by Jerry Falwell, so, I would take that into consideration. It's not like he went to Hillsdale College. Hillsdale isn't as libertarian as it used to be, but I'd still argue it's probably the most libertarian university in America by a considerable margin.

The economics department of George Mason University seems pretty Austrian. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-12-2012, 08:34 PM
The economics department of George Mason University seems pretty Austrian. Correct me if I'm wrong.

GMU and Mercatus is a fine institution, but the college is not libertarian. It takes more than just an economics department to have that distinction bestowed upon the institution. Hillsdale takes no Government money, its newsletter was heavily influenced by Lew Rockwell (who used to be the editor) and remains pretty libertarian (but beware there are smells of foul neo-con stench within too..., but there isn't a campus that is entirely libertarian), and the faculty all-around is pretty libertarian.

The Goat
05-12-2012, 08:38 PM
those people are their for the graduation not to see Rmoney talk.

Jingles
05-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Jerry Falwell founded that place... Those poor souls...

Tudo
05-12-2012, 09:11 PM
This is too much already. This is a POS, a viper of the highest order and this is who they are selling?

jkr
05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
its ok, they DON'T like him

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-12-2012, 10:19 PM

This is true for anyone that didn't see it.

Ron won that district as I understand it. The students did not want Romney showing up. I saw a little of it on TV today and was thinking "the people there are hardly clapping." Any positive media spin about that event are likely propaganda.

Toureg89
05-13-2012, 03:01 AM

so the name of the University is tongue-in-cheek :p

Lishy
05-13-2012, 03:08 AM

Careful! The guy who posted the video is a Romney supporter!

I asked him about the NDAA though. I wanna see his response! :p

On the subject of Israel, this is what he said:

If you knew Ron Paul, you'd know that he's not interested in being friends with Israel, the apple of God's eye. That alone is worth not voting for Ron Paul, since God said in Gen.12:3, that those who curse Israel, God will curse them, and those who bless Israel, God will bless them.

I'm interested in God's blessings... aren't you?

Besides, you're in Canada, so you have no say in our politics.

AntichristComes in reply to alishadjc 18 minutes ago

My Reply:

I'm a Jew with family in Israel. And I want groups like the b'naibrith to actually do their job fundraising instead of this foreign aid crap stolen from the American public!

If us Jews are getting their money from the same Christians and Muslims who repressed us for hundreds of years, then what does that say about the Israelis today?

In fact, Jews are OFFENDED by arrogant Americans who throw money at us!

Paul is saying the right message! Let us fight our own battle to defend the holy land!

I do think my answer makes sense though. People like Romney who will let AIPAC continue stealing money from Americans, completely defeats the purpose about a Jewish state!

Why is Peter Pan stealing from the ones who have oppressed us for hundreds of years, and then giving us their money!?

We don't need money from Christians, and especially not money stolen from Muslims either! We could look after ourselves!

We are Jews, and we survived the Haulocaust! Today we are hardened by both our military, and the martial arts spirit of Krav Maga!

To suggest we must rely on foreign aid for our survival is insulting disregard towards the efforts Jews have made today!

It is for that same reason I must also question whether or not Nettanyahu and his equals are even Jewish in the first place? He calls himself Jew, but he has the heart of a Christian!

Romney looks to be Mormon, but has the heart of the Christian just as well!

Just how much longer will Christians repress us Jews? Thanks to them, the whole world hates us, and we can't even go to the one tiny piece of land we thought to seek refuge...

I'm being very metaphorical here, but it greatly upsets me that such welfare is being shoved down the throats of my people...

If Romney is elected, the chances of Israel being destroyed are very high. I know "foreign intervention" isn't Paul's thing, but if he could do us all a favor, and make one exception, then I would like to ask him to simply become the President of United States! That is all the "foreign aid" we need for the survival of Israel! We will handle the rest from there on! :D