PDA

View Full Version : Live in Illinois? 1 week until delegate slates close!

LibertyIn08
05-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Not yet a delegate but live in Illinois? Please contact Laurie Bluedorn at lauriebluedorn@gmail.com for more information.

Laurie is coordinating this year's delegate efforts. With a strong showing, there is the potential to pick up to 12 delegates for Congressman Paul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Illinois Ron Paul Supporters,

We continue to urge each one of you to contact your Illinois Ron Paul county leader to see if he is following through on securing positions on your county's delegate/alternate delegate slate. If your county has no Ron Paul county leader, we ask you to step up to the task.

There are twelve national delegates still up for grabs in Illinois, and no, it's not a done-deal for Romney.

It's like a baseball game. Romney hits home runs in the early straw poll innings, and builds up what looks like a comfortable lead. Home runs are impressive, but there are other ways to score. We don't have the resources to hit home runs, so we keep picking away at his lead by using the republican process to move delegates around the bases and score as many runs as we can. Maybe errors and injuries and ejections and just plain exhaustion will slow Romney down. Maybe we'll hit one hard enough with the wind and land it over the fence.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

And it ain't over.

We've been winning delegates in other states. Let's get a few more for the Doctor here in Illinois -- and then, let's go on to win in Tampa.

To me, this isn't just another election. Harvey and I have been following Ron Paul since the late 70's. Yes, we read all those wonderful newsletters. He was our mentor on economics and freedom and personal responsibility. He's the real deal.

Our goal is to secure positions on each county's delegate/alternate delegate slate so we will have voting power at the Illinois Republican State Convention June 8-9.

If your Ron Paul county leader is not able to do this task, we ask you to take up this task and contact your county's Republican chairman to secure positions on the county delegate slate. Please call me at [PM me for Laurie's number] if you need more information. We need to hear from each Ron Paul county leader by Tuesday, May 15.

Thank you for making this happen.

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. --Samuel Adams

Laurie Bluedorn

-------------------

Question: I am having trouble taking the 8th off, and that is a recurrent theme for many. Is the main event of voting [at the Illinois Republican State Convention] only on the 9th?? If so that would encourage many more people to volunteer. Andrew Mahtani

Answer: You only have to be there on the 9th. We're having a party on Friday night (with maybe Rand Paul attending -- we are in the process of asking him) and there are a few committee meetings on Friday afternoon which we need some people to attend, but Saturday is the main event.

---------------------

Still looking for Ron Paul County Leaders in the following Illinois counties: Alexander, Bureau, Cumberland, Clinton, Iroquois, Kane, Logan, Mercer, Morgan, Pike, Wabash, Hamilton, Gallatin, Pope, Hancock, Union, Pulaski, Cass, Marshall, Brown, Menard, Schuyler, Warren, Wayne, White, Whiteside, and Stark.

LibertyIn08
05-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Bump.

digitaldean
05-12-2012, 09:59 AM
bump

LibertyIn08
05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Bump.