PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is the nominee, would this make Romney the biggest choker in Presidential history

dude58677
05-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Hilliary Clinton was a choke job in 2008 but to be the "presumptive nominee" and lose it at the national convention, unless there are worse choke jobs that I don't know about.

sailingaway
05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
The point is under Rule 11 he should never have BEEN the 'presumed nominee'.

dude58677
05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
The point is under Rule 11 he should never have BEEN the 'presumed nominee'.

That would prove my point further.

armstrong
05-11-2012, 04:06 PM
man would that be ,,,well would have to pinch myself ,,,wait its real

S.Shorland
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
it will be funny if it's true but then the hard work starts

revned
05-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I honestly would feel bad for Romney. That would have to be a major embarrassment.

But, he cheated, he flip-flops, and he's funded by the same bankers who are destroying our economy; he doesn't deserve to be in any political office of any sort. Once a politician loses their credibility in this way, how are they to ever be trusted again?

LibertyIn08
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Dewey would still be the biggest choker probably. But this would go right up there with that fabled newspaper.

pawlpawl
05-11-2012, 04:21 PM
regardless of a Ron Paul victory or not, I see Mitt Romney as one of the biggest chokers in history.

This guy has been spoon fed a win he couldn't hold on to. He has had to safeguard his spoon fed win from countless contenders who aren't worth a damn against any real opponent.

Mitt Romney falls behind a surging Bachmann.
Mitt Romney falls behind a surging Perry.
Mitt Romney falls behind a surging Gingrich.
Mitt Romney falls behind a surging Cain.
Mitt Romney falls behind a surging Santorum (<--- Surging Santorum = best name ever)
Mitt Romney almost falls behind a semi surging Huntsman, then Huntsman falls behind Stephen Colbert.

I mean look at the narrative, now Mitt Romney is fighting for his life to hold on to the delegates he "won" in the primaries.

If this guy makes it to the general and wins anything more than 35% of the popular vote, Im calling a fix.

airborne373
05-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Definition: presumed nominee - Not the nominee.

dude58677
05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I can see the Romney press conference after he loses.

Megan Kelly: Mitt, you were the presumptive nominee and yet you lose to a candidate who we considered unelectable for the nomination at the national convention. What exactly went wrong?

Mitt Romney: (Holding back tears) Ron Paul has alot of passionate supporters. I give credit to him for that.

Megan Kelly: How do you think he will do against Obama?

Mitt Romney: It's the Electoral College that matters most. That is where it will boil down to and his passionate and well organized supporters will go get them. This election is not decided in November, it is decided on December 15th. We live in a Republic and not a democracy. We always preach that we live in a democracy, but we really don't.
(Holding back tears).

John F Kennedy III
05-11-2012, 04:24 PM
The Red Sox trailed the Yankees 3 games to 0 in the 2004 ALCS. Plus they trailed in game 4. Then came back to win it and the next 3 to win the series 4 games to 3. A Romney collapse would make that look like a routine event.

azxd
05-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Ron Paul WILL win.

jay_dub
05-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Mitt Who???

DonovanJames
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
The Red Sox trailed the Yankees 3 games to 0 in the 2004 ALCS. Plus they trailed in game 4. Then came back to win it and the next 3 to win the series 4 games to 3. A Romney collapse would make that look like a routine event.

As a proponent of Missouri -- I prefer the Cardinals World Series comeback against Texas (It could of been over by ONE strike.)

wgadget
05-11-2012, 05:39 PM
You guys have inspired a Tweet:

Definition of a PRESUMPTIVE NOMINEE: A supposed nominee whose DELEGATE COUNT GOES BACKWARD. See Mitt Romney. @ronpaul @EWErickson @limbaugh