PDA

View Full Version : Another "how libertarian are you?" quiz

osan
05-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Anyone else take this? The results are not quite accurate - had me as not siding with Ron Paul on gun issues, which is blatantly untrue.

http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=pbdn2

RonRules
05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I scored this on another online quizz recently. Same as about 10 years ago:

http://i48.tinypic.com/jrs2l1.png

dannno
05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I side with Ron Paul on most issues in the 2012 Presidential Election.
Candidates you side with...

98%

I side with Ron Paul on issues of the Economy, Domestic policy, Social, Foreign Policy, Immigration, Healthcare, the Environment, and Science.

87%

I side with Gary Johnson on issues of Domestic policy, Healthcare, Social, Foreign Policy, and Science.

82%

I side with Mitt Romney on issues of the Economy, Immigration, Domestic policy, and Healthcare.

7%

I do not side with Barack Obama on any major issues.

RonRules
05-11-2012, 02:49 PM
So I did the quizz. I like quizzes:

Somewhat disappointed, especially for the third choice: "The Rent is Too Damn High" guy.

http://i49.tinypic.com/357q8ih.png

Then I picked pretty much the opposite and a bunch of leftist crap and got someone I never head of:

http://i45.tinypic.com/53teue.png

It's also surprising that Romney and Ron Paul are on both!?

Someone is up to no good on that quizz. I think they did that in 2008 to influence voters. I just don't know who "they" are.

PS: I need to check out Krager more: "Karger was a partner at the Dolphin Group, a California campaign consulting firm."

mad cow
05-11-2012, 03:42 PM
97% Ron Paul
87% Jimmy McMillan

Who the hell is Jimmy McMillan?

James Madison
05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
So I did the quizz. I like quizzes:

Somewhat disappointed, especially for the third choice: "The Rent is Too Damn High" guy.

http://i49.tinypic.com/357q8ih.png

Then I picked pretty much the opposite and a bunch of leftist crap and got someone I never head of:

http://i45.tinypic.com/53teue.png

It's also surprising that Romney and Ron Paul are on both!?

Someone is up to no good on that quizz. I think they did that in 2008 to influence voters. I just don't know who "they" are.

PS: I need to check out Krager more: "Karger was a partner at the Dolphin Group, a California campaign consulting firm."

Notice how it said you agreed with Mitt Romney on foreign policy issues after answering 'all leftist' options.
Damn trotskyite neocons!

Rothbardian Girl
05-11-2012, 04:03 PM
97% Ron Paul
87% Jimmy McMillan

Who the hell is Jimmy McMillan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0

Liberty74
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
95% Paul
71% Romney
12% Obama

The Free Hornet
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM

91% Ron Paul

I side with Ron Paul on issues of Domestic policy, the Economy, Healthcare, Foreign Policy, Social, and the Environment. More info

84% Gary Johnson

I side with Gary Johnson on issues of Domestic policy, Foreign Policy, Social, Immigration, and Science. More info

65% Jimmy McMillan

I side with Jimmy McMillan on issues of Domestic policy, Foreign Policy, and the Economy. More info

64% Mitt Romney

I side with Mitt Romney on issues of the Economy, the Environment, and Social. More info

60% Buddy Roemer

I side with Buddy Roemer on issues of Domestic policy and Social. More info

58% Fred Karger

I side with Fred Karger on issues of Immigration. More info

36% Kent Mesplay

I side with Kent Mesplay on issues of Foreign Policy. More info

7% Barack Obama

I do not side with Barack Obama on any major issues. More info

Interesting - I like the quizzes ability to add new answers if you don't like the multiple choices.

Occam's Banana
05-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Meh. Useless quiz is useless.

According to them, I do NOT side with Ron Paul on the following issues:

Foreign Policy:

Should the U.S. continue to support Israel?
- Ron Paul: No, cut all support and aid
- You: No, we should not give aid to any foreign nations
# So apparently, Ron Paul only wants to cut foreign aid/support for Israel (but not for other countries) ...

How should the U.S. deal with Iran?
- Ron Paul: Ignore their threats and cease all contact # LOL, wut ??
- You: Iran does not threaten our national security and there is no proof they are building a nuclear weapon

The Economy:

Should the federal government subsidize U.S. farmers?
- Ron Paul: Yes # WTH!!?? Where did they get this ??
- You: No

Immigration:

Should illegal immigrants in the U.S. be given access to paid healthcare?
- Ron Paul: No
- You: Yes, but only if they pay for it
# LOL, wut ?? (again)

Science:

Do you support the theory of Evolution?
- Ron Paul: No
- You: Yes
# This is the only "disagreement" between us that they actually got right (and it's a disagreement that is, in this context, trivial & irrelevant - as I am sure RP would agree)

mad cow
05-11-2012, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0

Thanks.I think a landlord should be able to charge a million bucks for a sixth floor walk up one room cold water flat if he wants to so I still don't get the 87%.And it seems he isn't even a presidential candidate.

Strange quiz.

GeorgiaAvenger
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Paul-92%
Romney-80%
Johnson-75%

Better quiz than most in terms of questions and answers, but not accurate of course.

RonRules
05-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Paul-92%
Romney-80%
Johnson-75%

Having Romney sandwiched between Paul and Johnson can't be right.

Romney - Obama together, that makes more sense.

GeorgiaAvenger
05-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Having Romney sandwiched between Paul and Johnson can't be right.

Romney - Obama together, that makes more sense.

Romney says a lot of things. I wonder what positions they used in this instance.

cstarace
05-11-2012, 05:24 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2epuc1h.jpg

TheTexan
05-11-2012, 05:27 PM
98% Paul/89% Johnson/75/23/100% Vermin Supreme

97% Libertarian/74% Republican

RPfan1992
05-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Ron Paul 92%

I side with Ron Paul on issues of the Economy, Domestic policy, Foreign Policy, Healthcare, Immigration, Social, the Environment, and Science. More info

78%
Mitt Romney

I side with Mitt Romney on issues of the Economy, Immigration, Social, and the Environment. More info

77%
Gary Johnson

I side with Gary Johnson on issues of Domestic policy, Social, the Environment, and Science. More info

74%
Buddy Roemer

I side with Buddy Roemer on issues of Healthcare, Immigration, Social, and the Environment. More info

61%
Jimmy McMillan

I side with Jimmy McMillan on issues of Immigration. More info

27%
Fred Karger

I side with Fred Karger on issues of Healthcare. More info

11%
Kent Mesplay

I side with Kent Mesplay on issues of Foreign Policy. More info

3%
Barack Obama

RonRules
05-11-2012, 05:47 PM
100% Vermin Supreme

How'd get that?! I'm jealous.

ProIndividual
05-11-2012, 05:54 PM

65%

Ron Paul

I side with Ron Paul on issues of Domestic policy, Social, and the Environment. More info

61%

Gary Johnson

I side with Gary Johnson on issues of Domestic policy, Social, and the Environment. More info

27%

Mitt Romney

I side with Mitt Romney on issues of Science and the Environment. More info

23%

Buddy Roemer

I do not side with Buddy Roemer on any major issues. More info

13%

Kent Mesplay

I do not side with Kent Mesplay on any major issues. More info

12%

Jimmy McMillan

I do not side with Jimmy McMillan on any major issues. More info

3%

Fred Karger

I do not side with Fred Karger on any major issues. More info

2%

Barack Obama

64% Libertarian

25% Republican

13% Green

2% Democratic

issue...

Most important to me

Foreign Policy

I side the most with Ron Paul on 68% of foreign policy issues.

Most important to me

Domestic policy

I side the most with Gary Johnson on 89% of domestic policy issues.

More important to me

the Economy

I side the most with Buddy Roemer on 70% of economic issues.

More important to me

Immigration

I side the most with Kent Mesplay and Fred Karger on 44% of immigration issues.

More important to me

Healthcare

I side the most with Ron Paul on 63% of healthcare issues.

More important to me

Science

I side the most with Mitt Romney on 99% of science issues.

Less important to me

the Environment

I side the most with Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, and Mitt Romney on 100% of environmental issues.

Least important to me

Social

I side the most with Gary Johnson and Ron Paul on 94% of social issues.

I disagree with this test a lot, and I also had to write in numerous answers due to the crappy and narrow available answers (even under the additional options).

PowerOfLiberty
05-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Ron Paul 90% "I side with Ron Paul on issues of Foreign Policy, the Economy, Domestic policy, Immigration, Healthcare, the Environment, and Science."

Gary Johnson 88% "I side with Gary Johnson on issues of Domestic policy, Foreign Policy, the Economy, Healthcare, and the Environment."

Mitt Romney 76% "I side with Mitt Romney on issues of the Economy, Social, Domestic policy, Immigration, Healthcare, and the Environment."

Barack Obama- 1% "I do not side with Barack Obama on any major issues."

90% Libertarian 73% Republican 23% Green 1% Democratic

"You are a strong Libertarian but your stances on social, economic, immigration, healthcare issues also side you moderately with Republicans. You are socially and fiscally Conservative. Despite your strong Libertarian stances, you may tend to disagree with the party on social and economic issues."

"I side the most with Ron Paul on 90% of foreign policy issues."

"I side the most with Gary Johnson on 97% of economic issues."

"I side the most with Mitt Romney on 85% of social issues."

"I side the most with Gary Johnson on 99% of domestic policy issues."

"I side the most with Gary Johnson on 100% of environmental issues."

"I side the most with Buddy Roemer on 99% of healthcare issues."

"I side the most with Mitt Romney on 100% of immigration issues."

"I side the most with Ron Paul on 98% of science issues"

francisco
05-24-2012, 08:50 PM
GJ 91%
RP 90%

Brett85
05-24-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm with Ron Paul 91% of the time. It says I agree with the Libertarian Party the most at 89% of the time, which I'm sure would surprise some people here.

http://www.isidewith.com/results/7087983

pcosmar
05-24-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't need a bunch of leading questions to tell me who I side with..

but thanks anyway.
;)

Brett85
05-24-2012, 09:12 PM
But, they do have Ron's position on abortion incorrect. They say that he supports abortion rights, when he doesn't.

R3volutionJedi
05-24-2012, 09:27 PM
83% Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party nominee)
81% Ron Paul (Republican Party Presidential Candidate)
66% Jill Stein (Green Party Presidential Candidate)

kahless
05-24-2012, 11:18 PM
97% Gary Johnson - Foreign Policy, the Economy, Domestic policy, Social, Healthcare, and Science.
96% Ron Paul - Foreign Policy, Domestic policy, the Economy, Healthcare, Social, the Environment, and Science.
70% Mitt Romney - Economy and Healthcare.
13% Barack Obama - Ido not side with Barack Obama on any major issues.

Gary on top so I took it again since it showed this one question where I answered "no" but could have expanded further which I agree with Ron.

Do you support the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)?
Ron Paul: No, open the markets so insurers can compete across state lines and drive down costs
Your similar answer: No

I thought I answered everything the same but it gave someone another percentage point. Hmmm.

96% Gary Johnson
94% Ron Paul

97% Libertarian, 68% Republican, 28% Green, 19% Democratic

rockerrockstar
05-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I matched Garry and Paul the most. Surprising was that I matched Garry the most but it was very close. Anyways, I got Jimmy McMillan for third in the results too. Never heard of Jim.

kahless
05-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I matched Garry and Paul the most. Surprising was that I matched Garry the most but it was very close. Anyways, I got Jimmy McMillan for third in the results too. Never heard of Jim.

I agree with Ron in one more category than Gary but it still put Gary 1% above Ron. LOL.

tttppp
05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
97% Gary Johnson
89% Ron Paul- It should be higher. In a couple areas I was only matched around 50% when my answer was very similar
76% Roemer
76% Romney
20% Obama- Should be lower. The quiz didn't allow me to be as specific as I wanted.

95% Libertarian
76% Republican
44% Green
20% Democratic

Xhin
05-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm 90% Ron Paul. I think the second chart (the one that relates various issues to various candiates) is more important than the first one, so I'm going to post that:

http://s18.postimage.org/54w3xdeyf/issues.png

Scored a 100% on Healthcare and Social issues, woo!

Overall, the best political quiz I've taken in a while. A lot of cool ideas in it, unlike politicalcompass' stodgy yes, no and "IDK BUT EVOLUTION IS THE DEVIL!" answers.

Xhin
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Also I'm 44% Green party and apparently I "disagree with my party (Libertarian) about environmental isuses", despite the fact that there was only one environmental question and I didn't prioritize my answer particularly. Wtf?

Sam I am
05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2825/21487640.png

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/643/87782851.png

Sam I am
05-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I made a point to not write in any positions

Gary Johnson: 92%
Ron Paul: 87%
Jimmy McMillan: 77%
Mitt Romney: 65%
Barack Obama: 28%

Sam I am
05-25-2012, 02:14 PM
wrote in all answers, surprised to not get all 0s

30%
Ron Paul
Ron Paul

I side with Ron Paul on issues of Immigration. More info

27%
Jimmy McMillan
Jimmy McMillan

I side with Jimmy McMillan on issues of Immigration. More info

25%
Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson

I do not side with Gary Johnson on any major issues. More info

12%
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney

I side with Mitt Romney on issues of Immigration. More info

6%
Barack Obama
Barack Obama

Show all candidates

Invi
05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Ron Paul 97%
I side with Ron Paul on issues of the Economy, Foreign Policy, Domestic policy, Healthcare, Social, the Environment, and Immigration.

Gary Johnson 94%
I side with Gary Johnson on issues of Foreign Policy, the Economy, Domestic policy, Social, Science, and Healthcare.

Buddy Roemer 70%
I side with Buddy Roemer on issues of the Economy, Domestic policy, and Immigration.

Mitt Romney 66%
I side with Mitt Romney on issues of the Economy and Immigration.

Barack Obama 9%
I do not side with Barack Obama on any major issues.

Didn't write in any answers. Also didn't assign priorities to anything.

Xhin
05-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Also, I'm bored, so here are my answers to the various questions ("Add your own" makes your results get screwy so I just picked whichever one I agreed with most):

Should abortion be outlawed in the United States?

I'm personally divided on the issue but don't think the government should decide one way or another (that includes State governments).

Should gay marriage be allowed in the U.S.?

Deregulate marriage, or failing that, replace all marriages with civil institutions.

Should the government require health insurance companies to provide free birth control?

The government shouldn't regulate insurance companies period. I personally have no issues with birth control and if deregulation is not possible, would urge that charities and religious organizations be exempt from having to provide birth control.

Is Global Warming a threat to the environment?

Personally, I'm divided on the issue. There is a scientific majority (we're talking in those actual fields here) that supports it, but not a scientific consensus like with, say, evolution, so I do not treat it as infallible. I do think cleaner and more efficient fuels should be developed regardless, and I'm all for alternative energy sources, though I'm against government incentives.

Should we expand our offshore oil drilling?

I don't know enough about this issue to make a judgment.

Should the government raise the federal minimum wage?

This is one of those tricky issues. If we were living in a Capitalist society, we shouldn't have a minimum wage at all, but we're in some kind of corporotocracy where it's a necessity. My solution would be to ignore this question and completely reform how our economy works (legislate to keep government out of it on a permanent basis).

Should Congress raise the debt ceiling?

Hell no. They should drastically lower it. Some things should be cut immediately, while others need to be reformed and gradually removed over time.

Should the U.S. have bailed out the major banks during the financial crisis of 2008?

Would that be the time they forced my bank to sell itself and gave TARP money to another bank so it would have the funds to buy it? I think that sums up my answer pretty nicely.

Also, this is a very dangerous answer: "Yes, but only on the condition that top management be fired without compensation". Anyone you know that gives that answer should be converted to anything really other than that immediately.

Do you agree with President Obama's 2009 Stimulus Plan?

Was that the one where we borrowed money from Japan so people could get a check that they spent on overinflated gas prices? Oh wait no, that was the stimulus package Obama's predecessor released. Isn't there supposed to be a difference between the two parties?

Should the federal government subsidize U.S. farmers?

The federal government should provide neither subsidies nor incentives.

Should we expand or dismantle our Social Security program?

An "opt-in" for the younger generation would be good, while those who are currently covered should continue receiving benefits. When I did some research into Ron Paul, I was amazed to find we have the same exact position on this, including some of the same arguments.

Do you believe the 2001 and 2003 George W Bush tax cuts should be extended?

Income tax should be eliminated entirely. As should property tax.

Do you support increased gun control?

None of the positions offered are radical enough! I think possession and carrying laws should be completely deregulated, and being able to use and maintain a gun should be a requirement of citizenship (except for religious and pacifistic reasons of course. I'd take Kennesaw, GA's approach; require heads of household to carry guns except in mitigating circumstances but not enforce it). What should be criminalized is what guns are used for, rather than who owns them or how often they're near them. A great deal of crime would be prevented if everyone was armed.

Do you support the Patriot act?

No, and pass strict laws prohibiting any government surveillance.

Should the federal government regulate the internet to deter online piracy?

No, and enact legislation preventing any level of government policing the internet.

The above two should honestly be constitutional amendments.

Are you in favor of decriminalizing all drugs?

Yes, because of the amount of non-drug crime it would reduce and the freeing of people put in jail or on probation because they have a fucking disease. Legalized drugs can be significantly worse than illegal drugs, so the criminality of drugs doesn't even have internal consistency. Drugs themselves are a separate issue, and I'm not quite sure how to handle them without infringing on personal rights and responsibility.

Should we limit federal funds to public schools that do not meet performance standards?

Kill the DoE.

Do you support affirmative action programs?

No, but the root causes of *uncontrollable* poverty should have solutions found for them. I put emphasis on "root causes" because throwing money at a problem isn't going to solve it and will in fact make it worse as the group becomes reliant on that income. I also put emphasis on "uncontrollable" because poverty can often be something chosen due to fucked-up priorities and we definitely don't want to reward people for making bad decisions. Lastly, I put emphasis on "poverty" rather than "race" because it should be pretty obvious by now that race doesn't factor into your financial position (unless you carefully distinguish between "white nationalism" and "white supremacism", in which case you're Stormfront and I do not take you seriously).

If said solutions require taxpayer money at any point, then I support it, and you'll find this is one of the only issues I have a Big Government stance on.

Should marijuana be legalized in the U.S.?

Yes, and immediately free all citizens jailed for drug offenses. I'm iffy about other the policy on other drugs, but it's obvious that marijuana isn't dangerous. Heck, it has the effect of turning dangerous situations into calm ones.

Do you support the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)?

No, and much like the Affirmative Action point up there, it's a way of dealing with the symptoms of a problem rather than the root causes of it. Ron Paul's actual position should really be on here; he says that the medical industry should be deregulated, and I would agree with him even if he was not himself a doctor.

Should we expand or dismantle our Medicare program?

Keep it how it is until the healthcare system gets fixed, and I mean really fixed.

Should the U.S. intervene in the affairs of other countries?

No. Immediately end all wars, foreign presences, and alliances. Diplomatic relations are fine, since we don't want to be isolationists, but make sure these do not influence policy or cause military conflict.

Should the U.S. end the war in Afghanistan?

RETREAT! RETREAT!

Should the U.S. maintain a presence at the United Nations?

Yes, provided that the UN does not influence US policy or cause US military conflicts. This goes back to maintaining diplomatic relations. If freaking Switzerland can be a conditional member of the UN, we can too.

Should the U.S. continue to support Israel?

No. Sever all ties with ALL foreign countries, while maintaining diplomatic relations.

Should the United States end its trade embargo and travel ban on Cuba?

Yes, as well as trade embargoes and travel bans with other countries. We don't want to be isolationist, do we? :P

How should the U.S. deal with Iran?

Iran is not a national security threat. They haven't even threatened Israel, if you actually do research on your own. Why enforce the NPT on Iran because they *might* be building nuclear weapons that *might* be used on Israel, which itself will not sign an NPT, and has something called the "Samson Option", which basically allows them to attack with nuclear weapons if their country is threatened, regardless of how they're threatened? Sever ties with Israel and allow them and Iran to make their own decisions.

How should the U.S. handle the genocide in Sudan?

Open our borders to Sudanese refugees. Seriously, have we learned nothing from WWII?

Should the children of illegal immigrants who are born in the U.S. be granted citizenship?
Should illegal immigrants in the U.S. be given access to paid healthcare?
Should illegal immigrants working in the U.S. be granted temporary amnesty?

The answers here do not address root problems. The non-violent immigrants here should be given a fast track to citizenship, and their children who are born here should be granted citizenship by birth right. Illegal immigrants should also be given access to healthcare until the healthcare system is reformed. The root problem, of course, is the lack of border security. Why is it that a country that can afford to spend hundreds of billions of dollars overseas is incapable of defending its own border against invasion?

Do you support the theory of Evolution?

Yes, and it should be taught in schools as it is a valid scientific theory. It would be nice to have a less watered-down version though. Intelligent Design and Raelianism should not be taught inside the context of biology as they are not valid scientific theories. However, this is my personal opinion. States should be free to choose their own curricula.

Should the federal government fund stem cell research and legalize its development in the private sector?

It should be legalized but not funded, as the government should not provide subsidies or incentives to the private sector. I really don't see what the big issue with stem cell research is. Does anyone have any idea?

MJU1983
07-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Just took this...pretty fun and accurate (for me). :)

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/19036185.jpg

Gumba of Liberty
07-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I think mine is pretty accurate even though Dr. Paul should be #1. I'm am happy that Romney and Obama are down where they belong.

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/19158702.jpg

Murray N Rothbard
07-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Terrible questions, but for most questions at least one of the "other options" they list is acceptable.