PDA

View Full Version : pinterest as a campaign tool to reach the female demographic?

tangent4ronpaul
05-11-2012, 11:52 AM
According to Nealson http://pinterest.com/ is regularly accessed by moms. 5 Million of them. Their total user population is 15 million, and most are female. It's a online pinboard. Could we use this to reach out to female voters? e-pinboards are apparently voted up or down by users. It's visually based.

-t

digitaldean
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I have emailed ronpaul2012.com to add that on their site 3 weeks ago. I thought showing all the crowds would bring in more people to Paul but they have not added it.

Tyler_Durden
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
From a Social Media Marketing perspective, this is another weapon we should have in the arsenal....

tbone717
05-11-2012, 12:07 PM
It seems like it could be a good tool. I have been looking into it to use for my business, but have not spent all that much time on it yet. It does seem to have a good number of users though.

I<3Liberty
07-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Did they ever get a pinterest? I know Gary Johnson did and I followed him awhile back. I'm happy to follow Ron Paul (or any other liberty-minded peeps!)

I have a board for political memes, comics, and the alike. It can be useful for spreading those around, as well as articles, but I feel like people that use it for such purposes are a minority. More women use it because it's dominated by (and useful for) creative artsy ideas and beauty/fashion-type stuff -- obviously, more women find this appealing than men.