PDA

View Full Version : Paul camp issues a statement on Idaho "hostile takeover"

realtonygoodwin
05-11-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/05/paul-camp-distances-itself-from-state-convention-takeovers-123106.html

In the wake of news of Ron Paul "takeovers" at state conventions, Paul campaign manager John Tate blasts out a statement condemning any "hostile takeover" attempts.

hmmm

sailingaway
05-11-2012, 08:44 AM
This is already posted with the actual statement. It doesn't say don't follow the rules and get as many delegates to RNC as you can, that is what we want.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375978-From-John-Tate-on-alleged-campaign-take-over-of-state-quot-It-wasn-t-our-idea-quot

realtonygoodwin
05-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks, didn't see that.

tbone717
05-11-2012, 08:49 AM
As I read it, I think the Paul campaign is distancing themselves from those that wish to overturn the primary results and vote to unbind the delegates.

Quoted here from Tate: "“The Ron Paul campaign’s delegate-attainment strategy being implemented nationally at party processes that follow so-called ‘beauty contests’ is not, and has never been, meant to somehow rewrite the outcome of past nominating contests."

bluesc
05-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Time for the grassroots to start distancing itself from the official campaign.

TrishW
05-11-2012, 10:11 AM
When I look at the past and think of the future... I remember Ron's words. They will not welcome you with open arms.

Take it! Take it anyway you legally can.

Ron Paul and his staff are fooling themselves if they think that Ron Paul winning the nomination will not been seen as hostile by the RNC.

We should use every rule that they have in force for Ron Paul. Why should we pass up a rule that allows the delegates to vote their conscience? Why should we not get Romney declared a bogus candidate because of rule 11? We did not make the rules. Following them to win the nomination should be no problem.

Don't speak to me of primaries... numbers can be manipulated. The true count is in the delegates willing to fight for a candidate. These are real people, not some faked out voting results!

Lightweis
05-11-2012, 10:16 AM
We are not the campaign anyways. We are much more effective. Lets do this!

robertwerden
05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
The official campaign has nothing to do what so ever with delegate elections. If anyone should take any heat it will be us. If they want to fight us, let is come, let it come.

sailingaway
05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
As I read it, I think the Paul campaign is distancing themselves from those that wish to overturn the primary results and vote to unbind the delegates.

Quoted here from Tate: "“The Ron Paul campaign’s delegate-attainment strategy being implemented nationally at party processes that follow so-called ‘beauty contests’ is not, and has never been, meant to somehow rewrite the outcome of past nominating contests."

query though, when they are merely FOLLOWING rules. Those back doors weren't put in by accident, and only a 'rule change' in favor of Romney made the 'fall back' choices win in caucus. Ron would have won 'according to the beauty contest' at least in a number of the caucuses, without that 'rule change'. Not sure how I read it, but I also don't know what the actual plan was, just the spin on it.

I'll let the campaign's words speak for themselves.

FSP-Rebel
05-11-2012, 10:21 AM
The only thing I can think of is that the campaign is courting Rick and Newt delegates and doesn't want an epidemic of us infighting in certain conventions, hence this ID ordeal. Perhaps, the camp thinks we're doing so well that there's no need to make bad blood where it isn't warranted.. Trying to come up with something here and I ain't got much>

Travlyr
05-11-2012, 10:21 AM
A lot of the 'take-over' talk is just a flat out lie.

Here in Colorado on caucus night Ron Paul won our district caucus outright but the media reported him at 11%. Then one month later he again won the most delegates to the State assembly but not one peep out of the media liars. At the State Assembly he took 1/2 the delegates for the National Convention, and the media shills barely reported it at all. A presidential candidate doesn't go from 11% to 50% in one or two months. Now they want to say that their original lie should be binding? Screw them. I'll bet the same exact thing happened in Nevada and other caucuses. Freedom is a lot more popular than the media liars let on.

freedomordeath
05-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Look, I've heard from Adam Kokesh and another dude running for sennate or congress interviewd on radio how they DO NOT LIKE BENNTON, now I don't know Bennton, and nor do I really care to know this guy, it is too late to worry about such things, but the way I see it is Ron Paul is the gold standard, his 30 yr voting record is proof enough for us to back him all the way regardless of those around him. The brilliant thing about our movement is since when did a Libertarian movement rely on centralized control of a campaign. The grassroots are decentralized and will take whats theirs, infact we might do such a good job that even if Dr Paul gives up, we'll get him elected against his will LOL...

We take whats ours, and if we get 2/3rds according to the rules on the floor, we UNBIND THEM, end of story.

sailingaway
05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Libertarian with a big L is a party here. This is not a Libertarian movement. It is an American movement.

Although, frankly, the ideals are universal.

Highstreet
05-11-2012, 10:32 AM
A lot of the 'take-over' talk is just a flat out lie.

Here in Colorado on caucus night Ron Paul won our district caucus outright but the media reported him at 11%. Then one month later he again won the most delegates to the State assembly but not one peep out of the media liars. At the State Assembly he took 1/2 the delegates for the National Convention, and the media shills barely reported it at all. A presidential candidate doesn't go from 11% to 50% in one or two months. Now they want to say that their original lie should be binding? Screw them. I'll bet the same exact thing happened in Nevada and other caucuses. Freedom is a lot more popular than the media liars let on.

THIS!!! ^^^^^

lib3rtarian
05-11-2012, 10:35 AM
The campaign is just trying to be on the safe side with the Establishment and covering their ass. WE DON'T CHANGE OUR PLANS! We stick to what we do - which is to get as many delegates as we can!

kathy88
05-11-2012, 10:39 AM
I think Oklahoma is going to be an all out cage match tomorrow. Wish I could go.

sailingaway
05-11-2012, 10:41 AM
I think Oklahoma is going to be an all out cage match tomorrow. Wish I could go.

I hope it is the kind we wish we could go to. I agree on the cage match.

Lightweis
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Man the establishment is scared. I thought Romney already won LOL

FSP-Rebel
05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
looking forward to the ustream

lib3rtarian
05-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Me too. Ours (NC) will be boooring. Donald "Dead Beaver on My Head" Trump and Tim Pawlenty are the guest speakers. *puke*

Tod
05-11-2012, 10:50 AM
A tireless, irate minority

WILL

be seen as "hostile"

by the majority.

That is a given, but it is not a reason to not be tireless and irate.

:)

Feeding the Abscess
05-11-2012, 12:18 PM

Yep.

Official campaign throwing the grassroots under the bus. Again.

Figures, coming from Pat Robertson's '88 campaign chairman.

jcarcinogen
05-11-2012, 01:00 PM

We're independent free individuals anyway.

Constitutional Paulicy
05-11-2012, 01:22 PM
And the plot thickens.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
A tireless, irate minority

WILL

be seen as "hostile"

by the majority.

That is a given, but it is not a reason to not be tireless and irate.

:)

Sit down John (Adams) - Sit down - 1776 musical
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TGbKfkwGA

Maximus
05-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Yep.

Official campaign throwing the grassroots under the bus. Again.

Figures, coming from Pat Robertson's '88 campaign chairman.

No. The campaign giving this a public green light would lead to harder fights elsewhere. When they condemn it, we can say that we are against such things and defuse the attack against us. The campaign has no problem with the takeover, they just can't be publically seen supporting it.

Lucille
05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/05/paul-camp-distances-itself-from-state-convention-takeovers-123106.html

J_White
05-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Media is and will try to paint these legal and rule based delegate selections as "hostile" - to further marginalize Dr.Paul and rile up people against him.
What the campaign is saying is - don't be hostile, and don't break the rules. If someone is breaking the rules, they are not doing so on the Campaign's command.
I dont see anything wrong with this.

On the other hand, should we try to get as many delegates and as many committee seats and as many rules made in our favor, legally and politely ?
yes !!