PDA

View Full Version : Nin

jaybone
06-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Anybody check out Nine Inch Nails latest CD "Year Zero"?
It's pretty seriously groudbreaking stuff, based on a scary view of the near future, about 15 years out.

Anyway, it all starts when GW does not leave office in 2008 due to civil unrest (gee wasn't legislation allowing him more powers during emergencies just quietly passed?)
Then there is the nuking of Iran, which of course incites more civil unrest, that ultimately leads to a severe police state where an "anti-bio-terror" drug is added to the water supply that is supposed to make people immune to bioterror substances but also makes them much much more docile.

The inside of the CD case has the CD in the center, an arm holding a bible to the left and an arm holding an assault rifle on the right. There is also this warning on th back:
"USBM WARNING:
Consuming or spreading this material may be deemed subversive by the United States Bureau Of Morality. If you or someone you know has engaged in subversive acts or thoughts, call:
1-866-445-6580
BE A PATRIOT - BE AN INFORMER"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_(album)

Even if you are no fan of NIN, the lyrics are worth a look at least, especially for the song "Capital G":
http://www.lyred.com/lyrics/Nine+Inch+Nails/Year+Zero/

I listen to year zero and get all charged up, like I'm channeling the ghost of a great revolutionary.

I think we all realize how important young voters are to this movement, I hope year zero may shock a few into action. This could well be our future if we are unsuccessful.

beermotor
06-20-2007, 07:35 AM
I like Muse "Black Holes and Revelations" too ... has a very political tone.

mdh
06-20-2007, 07:47 AM
There are some pretty good lyrics on Rush's Snakes and Arrows for those of us who are not emo kids. :)

mrapathy
06-20-2007, 09:46 AM
its not 15 years out try 3-5 years things are accelerating as of late.

Reznor had a place in New Orleans not sure if he still does Katrina didnt help that I am sure.

like the phone message kinda funny but sick and sad.

survivalism is good. god given is good and of coarse zero sum.

right where it belongs was awesome from last cd.

lots of children are in schools right now forced to take drugs against there will they wont grow up to be all smiles.
its quite ironic to have ritalin forced down your throat while government has war against drug propaganda being broadcast and media covers stories of athletes using steroids and designer drugs to artificially enhance themselves.

try KMFDM New American Century,Terror,To Sasha(fitting to listen to while reading 1984)
they have some other good stuff but I despise communism.

beermotor
06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
There are some pretty good lyrics on Rush's Snakes and Arrows for those of us who are not emo kids. :)

Oh bah, there's nothing Emo about Nine Inch Nails or Muse, sheesh. Radiohead has some good records, too.

Of course, my personal favorites are: DIO and Mastodon.

:)

jaybone
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Operation Mindcrime always gets me too.
1988, man I miss the 90's

Back then, I viewed mindcrime a a cool 'story'
when I listen now I view it as an eerily prescient warning.

Im 33,
I spent the 80's afraid of being vaporized by the ussr on a daily basis
I spent the 90's having a care free blast (it really IS the economy stupid)
I've spent th 00's very angry and afraid of being vaporized by by own government.

I now get the point of the lyrics from the song "speak" from op. mindcrime:
"Seven years of power
The corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow"

OH! I watched Lil Bush on Comedy Central too, flippin sweet, funny and scathingly satirical.
Entertainment has an inherent emotional power, it's nice to see a few artists doing there part to restore the republic!

jaybone
06-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I agree, it's going to start in 08 when due to either an attack, natural disaster, or civil unrest, GW will not leave office.
Suspend you disbelief and just consider for a moment whether, in light of recent events and executive orders, it really is all that far fetched? Also ask yourself what you will do if that does indeed come to pass.

If these maniacs really do bomb Iran, then it's all over for all of us. There will be world war, possibly involving nuclear ICBM's, and definately conventional war for natural resources. The USA will be completely destitute paying for conflict, and it will require heavy police action at home to quell civil unrest.

There will be a tipping point where it's either going to be widespread armed revolution at home, or locked-down police state.
That is, unless the sheeple wake up and put Ron in office.
If GW leaves at all that is.

beermotor
06-20-2007, 12:37 PM
V for Vendetta, mang. Or, Gandhi. These jerks cannot win, and they will realize it soon.

Bloody Holly
06-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Operation Mindcrime always gets me too.
1988, man I miss the 90's

Back then, I viewed mindcrime a a cool 'story'
when I listen now I view it as an eerily prescient warning.

Im 33,
I spent the 80's afraid of being vaporized by the ussr on a daily basis
I spent the 90's having a care free blast (it really IS the economy stupid)
I've spent th 00's very angry and afraid of being vaporized by by own government.

I now get the point of the lyrics from the song "speak" from op. mindcrime:
"Seven years of power
The corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow"

OH! I watched Lil Bush on Comedy Central too, flippin sweet, funny and scathingly satirical.
Entertainment has an inherent emotional power, it's nice to see a few artists doing there part to restore the republic!

Welcome to the forums. I like the way you express your thoughts.

fsk
06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Then there is the nuking of Iran, which of course incites more civil unrest, that ultimately leads to a severe police state where an "anti-bio-terror" drug is added to the water supply that is supposed to make people immune to bioterror substances but also makes them much much more docile.

Isn't there already such a drug in the water supply? Some people say that fluoridation doesn't prevent tooth decay and it makes people more resistant to domination.

I don't think there's any chance that Bush will attempt to stay in power after 2008. It would make the trashing of the Constitution too obvious. It's much more convenient to replace him with someone else who'll commit the same atrocities.

jaybone
06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks,
I started a blog awhile back with the same idea as that post.
I'm not very good at keeping at it, but trying anyway.
I'd like to start a discussion about the state of current American consciousness, vis-a-vis the Founder's vision.
Putting Ron in the White House will certainly be a big step, but if Joe American does not understand why our Constitutional Republic was great and will again be great, the victory will be fleeting.
More than anything it's a means for me to clarify my own thoughts and hopefully get some feedback from others.
its at:
http://ghostofthomaspaine.blogspot.com/