PDA

View Full Version : 4th District candidates lash out at Texas-based libertarian-leaning Super PAC

Gage
05-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Two 4th Congressional District candidates are publicly criticizing the Liberty for All Super PAC that has carpet bombed the airwaves with ads for their rival, Thomas Massie.

Alecia Webb-Edgington and Gary Moore both raised the issue during their speeches at the Kenton County Republican Spring Fling on Wednesday — the same night the Liberty for All Super PAC began airing its first ad on Massie’s behalf as part of a $541,000 ad blitz in Louisville and Northern Kentucky.

The group was founded in Texas by John Ramsey, a supporter of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. Ramsey, who is listed as a “student” on Federal Election Commission campaign reports, started the organization with donations of six figures of his own money. And the group has described itself as being libertarian-leaning and interested in backing candidates with similar philosophies regardless of parties.

Webb-Edgington, a state representative from Fort Wright, said 4th District Republican voters shouldn’t be told what to do by a Texas-based group that wants to “score a win for the Ron Paul movement”

“It’s a shame this young man is going to waste so much of his family’s hard earned money,” she said, adding that voters will send Ramsey “back to Texas empty handed.”

By Thursday evening, 4th Congressional District Republican Chairman Kevin Sell issued a statement to raise his concerns that the group has a more libertarian philosophy. Sell highlighted the Libertarian Party’s principles, such as: “We favor the repeal of all laws creating crimes without victims, such as the use of drugs for medical or recreational purposes” and “Government does not have the authority to define, license, or restrict personal relationships”.

“This seat has been recently held by two great Americans: Jim Bunning and Geoff Davis. Neither of these fine men were libertarians. If the libertarians want this seat, they should have someone run as a libertarian,” Sell said. “We are the Republican Party and we have our primary election on May 22. We are for lower taxes, less government, free enterprise, and the protection of our second amendment rights.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KV0vrMF9OKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PJ4RoekQcg&feature=player_embedded

Bastiat's The Law
05-10-2012, 11:48 PM
What garbage from that lady.

Adrock
05-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Looks like the Super PAC must be moving the needle. For these two other candidates to be going on the attack like this looks desperate. I thought the big ad buy was a positive one for Massie?

The Goat
05-11-2012, 06:35 AM
they cant match that kind of money. think of what gingrich did because of Romney's money.

Sola_Fide
05-11-2012, 06:41 AM
"We got ta git them libertarians out of the party!"

*facepalm*

Alecia Webb-Edgington scares the living daylights out of me....

roho76
05-11-2012, 06:53 AM
She just looks like a self righteous lawyer. Like a Nancy Grace type. Am I right?

Bern
05-11-2012, 06:58 AM
It's fun to attack straw men and distract people from the issues that really matter. Lol @ the party sycophants who can't tell which way the wind is blowing.

Sola_Fide
05-11-2012, 07:04 AM
She just looks like a self righteous lawyer. Like a Nancy Grace type. Am I right?

Oh yeah. In her speeches, she prides herself on going after drug offenders and locking them up. Not only that, she is a big spending dinosaur. She would be a disaster for Kentucky and the country.

Bastiat's The Law
05-11-2012, 08:17 AM
"We got ta git them libertarians out of the party!"

*facepalm*

Alecia Webb-Edgington scares the living daylights out of me....
She likes a salty version of Michelle Bachmann.

jFico89
05-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Let me tell you, this is lighting quite the fire underneath our butts here at Liberty for All. They have been spewing slanderous misinformation about Thomas and us for quite some time now.

Sola_Fide
05-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Let me tell you, this is lighting quite the fire underneath our butts here at Liberty for All. They have been spewing slanderous misinformation about Thomas and us for quite some time now.

Hello. You are affiliated with Liberty For All PAC?

jFico89
05-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Hello. You are affiliated with Liberty For All PAC?

Indeed I am

Occam's Banana
05-11-2012, 08:55 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that Moore & Webb-Edgington would have no problem with this kind of thing if it was being done on *their* behalf.

Sola_Fide
05-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Indeed I am

Awesome. Then I think I speak for all the Liberty-lovers in the 4th district by saying THANK YOU.

Sola_Fide
05-11-2012, 09:18 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that Moore & Webb-Edgington would have no problem with this kind of thing if it was being done on *their* behalf.

lol....you can just feel the anger coming out of them when they speak. They want this kind of grassroots support, every candidate does...but they wont ever get it because they are part of the problem and everyone knows.it.

jFico89
05-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Awesome. Then I think I speak for all the Liberty-lovers in the 4th district by saying THANK YOU.

Thank You, we surely do appreciate that : )

V3n
05-11-2012, 09:20 AM

Yes! The commercials are great! I'm a cord-cutter - barely watch any tv live - but somehow I think I've seen your commercials half a dozen times this week! It was a great buy - seriously I watch maybe 2 hours of 'live' tv for the entire week. Very well done!! Thank you!!

jFico89
05-11-2012, 09:22 AM
lol....you can just feel the anger coming out of them when they speak. They want this kind of grassroots support, every candidate does...but they wont ever get it because they are part of the problem and everyone knows.it.

Its funny because they are trying to equate Liberty for All with the big money, special interest Super PACS. Instead, we are giving the Liberty grassroots a voice in the political process.

jFico89
05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Thank you V3N! We are delighted to hear that! Do you think the commercials are having a positive impact?

Canderson
05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Indeed I am

Any thought to a Kwiatkowski or Robinson endorsement?

jFico89
05-11-2012, 09:28 AM
We are very fond of Karen and Art, but are currently focused on the Kentucky 4th and the Texas Primary.

Sola_Fide
05-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Thank you V3N! We are delighted to hear that! Do you think the commercials are having a positive impact?

I can tell you anecdotally that yes, they are. Everyone is talking about them in Kentucky and the sheer volume of them is saturating the race. We are all e-mailing and calling each other here in Kentucky when we see an ad.

When I have been out campaigning, the question I get the most is "Who is the true conservative in the race?"....I get this question a lot in one form or another. I think your ad goes a long way in cementing this in the minds of Kentucky voters.

jFico89
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I can tell you anecdotally that yes, they are. Everyone is talking about them in Kentucky and the sheer volume of them is saturating the race. We are all e-mailing and calling each other here in Kentucky when we see an ad.

Great! We are so thrilled to have the opportunity to win an election for freedom. With more hard work, we can make Kentucky a bastion of Liberty.

Sola_Fide
05-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Its funny because they are trying to equate Liberty for All with the big money, special interest Super PACS. Instead, we are giving the Liberty grassroots a voice in the political process.

Exactly. And I don't think the accusations are going to stick with voters here. The worst they can say is that "these libertarians" are trying to score a win for Ron Paul. Or another thing they will say is they dislike all of the money coming from "outside Kentucky" to influence the race.

These are the EXACT same arguments that Trey Greyson and the establishment used against Rand Paul in 2010.

The 4th district is blessed to have a growing independent streak in the Tea Parties here. It bodes well for us, imho.

BamaFanNKy
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Taking money from Frankfort lobbyists and DC insiders= OK
SuperPacs that advocate for smaller government= Not good.

Sad thing, Mitch McConnell fought for this and now they oppose their own leader's fight.