PDA

View Full Version : OH - Cop shows up to wrong house on domestic call. Shoots family dog.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Jesus.

Owner Says Police Unnecessarily Shot Dog

Thursday May 10, 2012 10:47 PM
UPDATED: Thursday May 10, 2012 10:48 PM

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/05/10/columbus-owner-says-police-unnecessairily-shot-dog.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A dog owner Thursday was distraught because police said that they were forced to shoot her pet.

According to the owner, Amber, who did not want to use her last name, police showed up at her south Columbus home thinking there was a domestic dispute.

The dispute ended up being at the house next door, 10TV’s Justin Moss reported.

According to police, when a man answered the door at the house, a 5-year-old pitbull ran outside at the officer.

The officer said that he was forced to shoot the dog.

“It’s an elevated porch,” Columbus police Lt. Dave Hughes said. “The officer took a couple of steps back, when the dog was coming at him, and he shot twice. The dog was basically right at his feet.”

Amber said that the man was holding their dog by its collar.

“He said the dog did not bark but came directly at him in an aggressive stance,” Hughes said.

The officer who fired shots was uninjured by the dog, Moss reported.

Amber said that the dog had to be put down.

“It’s an unfortunate situation, but we’re glad our officer didn’t get hurt, and we’re sorry that the dog had to be shot, but sometimes these things do happen, unfortunately,” Hughes said.

(Now, shut the fuck up and move along Mundane, before I thump your head for you. - AF)

heavenlyboy34
05-10-2012, 10:22 PM
:eek: Do you find these things on Will Grigg's site or from other sources as well? /curious

Root
05-10-2012, 10:30 PM
What's up with all the cops killing dog stories in the news lately? Jeez, sick.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 10:32 PM
:eek: Do you find these things on Will Grigg's site or from other sources as well? /curious

All over, but I use one daily search term in google news:

"Police shoot family dog"

I grab stories from Grigg, Balko and LRC blog as well.

Grigg is heroic when he tackles a subject, I love reading his stuff.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 10:32 PM
What's up with all the cops killing dog stories in the news lately? Jeez, sick.

Springtime is in the air.

heavenlyboy34
05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
All over, but I use one daily search term in google news:

"Police shoot family dog"

I grab stories from Grigg, Balko and LRC blog as well.

Grigg is heroic when he tackles a subject, I love reading his stuff.
+a zillion. Makes ya wonder how much shit went on back in the days before teh interwebz that went totally unreported. :eek:

Root
05-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Springtime is in the air.

meh, it was springtime all winter ;)

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2012, 10:52 PM
+a zillion. Makes ya wonder how much shit went on back in the days before teh interwebz that went totally unreported. :eek:

In the old days Police Officers were not deathly afraid of dogs.

angelatc
05-10-2012, 10:55 PM

THey had pepper spray, and common sense. I think that these days they're just pissed because they have to taser people to death now, so they're making up for lost time by killing dogs.

RickyJ
05-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Cops shooting dogs are nuts. Don't they know about pepper spray, it works! Most meter readers carry the stuff because they have to face dogs barking at them all day. They get sprayed once and they remember and leave meter readers alone after that. I know, I was a meter reader for a while and this huge dog saw me and was scared shitless and ran away. I didn't know why since all the other dogs little or big barked at me like crazy, then someone said that a meter reader sprayed him once and now when he sees a meter reader he keeps clear.

You never have to worry about cats getting shot though, they protect themselves first and say to heck with their owner. :D

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 10:56 PM

Circular Force Continuum.

They aren't afraid, necessarily.

They just know that they can blow them away and never worry once about repercussions, under the CFC.

Working their way up to us.

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Amber said that the man was holding their dog by its collar.

Something doesn't seem right here. The cop shot the dog while he was holding the collar? That would be too close for comfort.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Something doesn't seem right here. The cop shot the dog while he was holding the collar? That would be too close for comfort.

And when the cop misses and blows your hand off, you'll get charged for "assault with a body fluid".

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
My neighbor's medium size dog got out the other day and went after the UPS guy. The dog loves to bark, growl and charge people. UPS guy got his pepper spray out and kept backing away. In all of these stories, it's always "they backed away". Wrong thing to do! He didn't spray the dog, but had a shouting match with the lady. Dog kept his distance and pretended he was vicious, but when ever the UPS guy backed up, the dog would charge again. Seems that people don't know basic dog behaviour.

daviddee
05-10-2012, 11:13 PM

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Dogs don't respect their authoritay!

azxd
05-11-2012, 12:46 AM
What's up with all the cops killing dog stories in the news lately? Jeez, sick.Someone is looking for them.

Schifference
05-11-2012, 04:16 AM
I am sure that there are effective ultrasonic sound emitting devices that stop dogs in their tracks.

azxd
05-11-2012, 07:47 AM
I am sure that there are effective ultrasonic sound emitting devices that stop dogs in their tracks.It's called a gun going bang ;)

azxd
05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
My neighbor's medium size dog got out the other day and went after the UPS guy. The dog loves to bark, growl and charge people. UPS guy got his pepper spray out and kept backing away. In all of these stories, it's always "they backed away". Wrong thing to do! He didn't spray the dog, but had a shouting match with the lady. Dog kept his distance and pretended he was vicious, but when ever the UPS guy backed up, the dog would charge again. Seems that people don't know basic dog behaviour.And that the subsitute driver might kill that dog.

Schifference
05-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Many dogs hate getting sprayed with water.