PDA

View Full Version : Tweet Divisions

wgadget
05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
We should have different people sending Tweets out to different types of groups in an effort to cover the most territory. I find myself sending stuff to the right wing neocon talk radio guys, but I miss other subgroups of people, like liberals, libertarians, etc. You can only get 140 characters on each Tweet.

Has this topic been covered before?

ClydeCoulter
05-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm note sure if it has been covered from that point of view.
I tend to RT some good stuff and try to include hashtags that target tea party, ows, top consertives (tcot) and top liberals (tlot).
I also like to tweet using the trending hashtags like #ILikeItWhen or what ever shown in the USA Trends section of twitter (lower left) although sometimes it hard to use them in #RonPaul way :)

edit: but it seems followers never retweet the trending type tweets.

MelissaCato
05-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I Tweet useing at least 2 local (my city - county) hash tags.

Kirdneh
05-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Great idea. I have joined @gopunbound (https://twitter.com/#!/GOPUnbound) on Twitter. They're sending out great charts showing RonPaul catching up. Stuff like this can turn people to Ron Paul. Follow them and retweet their messages to EVERYBODY.

wgadget
05-11-2012, 06:29 AM
I have Twitter shock when I go to offbeat places on Twitter where it's like a whole different world from the Ron Pail favorable ones. It seems like more segments need to be exposed to Ron Paul ideas, instead of keeping them all in a big happy Ron Paul circle. For example, someone could take their RP tweets to financial groups, some to gun owner groups, some to gamer groups, some to Occupy groups. I DO like the tcot tlot option, though. I guess I'll use it more often! :)

Barrex
05-11-2012, 06:36 AM
I use my Twitter account only to re-tweet. Trending hash-tags get trending because people are re-tweeting them.

ClydeCoulter
05-11-2012, 07:51 AM
I use my Twitter account only to re-tweet. Trending hash-tags get trending because people are re-tweeting them.

Trending a hashtag requires a crap load of tweets with that hashtag. I try to piggyback a trending hashtag. How many people actually look at the tweets that are using a hashtag?
I only see what people I follow are tweeting...
I would like to understand the mechanism better, how are people using twitter, etc... otherwise we are preaching to the choir.