PDA

View Full Version : Great Marketing Idea

TheConstitutionLives
05-18-2007, 12:12 AM
This comes from the Students For Ron Paul site where a person suggested what I believe to be a good idea and it's free. It's not real money anyway. It's Federal Reserve NOTES (ie, IOU's).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A great guerilla marketing tool: Write "Ron Paul 2008" neatly on all the currency you have in your wallet. As the money circulates through the economy people will see his name and think 'who is this guy?' Do it now.

Write in the margin or in open space. Not over serial numbers, etc.

It is not illegal to write on money so long as you do not render the currency unfit for circulation. (I.e. scribble all over it, shred it, or bleach it.)

see: http://www.moneyfactory.gov/document.cfm/18/104

If enough people do this we could spread word of the Ron Paul revolution very rapidly.

Bluedevil
05-18-2007, 12:14 AM
I dont like the idea at all, it would just make people angry.

Kandilynn
05-18-2007, 12:27 AM
It wouldn't make me angry, it would make me curious.

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 12:32 AM
if you do it just make it small so it's not tacky/intrusive/annoying

jon_perez
05-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Some people might see it as a kind of vandalism and it might backfire...

Kandilynn
05-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I actually bought small rubber stamps that say...

Keep Your Money!
www.ronpaul2008.com

I got them in the mail today. Very excited to start using them.

DXDoug
05-18-2007, 12:55 AM
If it makes them Angry we will send them a muffin.

Besides whens the last time someone gave u a muffin after making you angry?

Probably never soo I Say "why the hell not " ..
Poly Ticks Are Blood sucking parasites
We are the Exterminators :D

JoshLowry
05-18-2007, 01:01 AM
If it makes them Angry we will send them a muffin.

Besides whens the last time someone gave u a muffin after making you angry?

Probably never soo I Say "why the hell not " ..
Poly Ticks Are Blood sucking parasites
We are the Exterminators :D

doug did you have anything to drink tonight? :D

vertesc
05-18-2007, 01:23 AM
wow, i'd like one of those stamps. I never use cash, ,but I might start if I had a set of "keep your money" stamps! lol

JoshLowry
05-18-2007, 01:31 AM
wow, i'd like one of those stamps. I never use cash, ,but I might start if I had a set of "keep your money" stamps! lol

You can get a free stamp here: http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/stamps/freeofferdetails.aspx?mk=Free+Stamp&ad=broad&GP=5%2F18%2F2007+3%3A31%3A20+AM

All you have to pay is the $5.25 for shipping and handling.

While you are at it, get the business cards: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92

Korey Kaczynski
05-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Who the hell would be pissed at writing on their money? Not someone who'd vote for Ron Paul ;)

Lesgov
05-18-2007, 05:40 AM
I picked one up at "China Mart"(walmart) under 10 bucks, then a red ink pad, 5 bucks.
Wonder how long it will be before I receive a Ron Paul bill. I'm waiting.............

Les

Dave
05-18-2007, 06:52 AM
I am on board with Dr. Paul but I have to point something out:

It is illegal to deface U.S. currency. Have you ever seen a lot of ads/messages written on your paper money? No - because they are withdrawn from circulation. If you do this en masse I think you can count on a visit from someone you don't want to meet from the secret service. If it becomes a large enough problem I'm sure Dr. Paul can count on such a visit.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but I think we need to concentrate on lawful means of getting our message out.

qednick
05-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Has anybody seen the "Where's George" stamps? I once got a dollar bil with it stamped on http://www.wheresgeorge.com/. Naturally, I was intrigued so it went on the web site and thought it was a thoroughly novel idea.

The point is that my curiosity got the better of me. :)

I think it will only work with rubber stamped text and not hand written. If it's hand written, people will likely not read it.

I'm not sure about the legalities. Maybe people should do some tests with just $1 bills only for now.

Finally, I believe you can buy your own rubber stamp kits from places like Office Depot or Staples. You get an empty stamper and loads of smnall rubber letters. So you put your own text in the stamper. (Just an FYI for those who can't wait ;) ).