PDA

View Full Version : KS - Cop shoots family dog for barking.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
In both cases or recent puppycide, the uniformed "protector" was called to the scene by an unwitting or willfully ignorant Mundane.

DO NOT CALL THE FUCKING COPS!!!

FFS, what will it fucking take???

Topeka police officer shoots, kills dog

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-05-07/topeka-police-officer-shoots-kills-dog

THE CAPITAL-JOURNAL

Several neighbors in the 1100 block of S.W. Plass Ave. were upset Monday night after a Topeka police officer drew his weapon and shot a dog to death.

“He drew his gun and fired five or six shots,” said neighbor Constantinos Miklas Acton. “He killed that dog dead for no reason.”

Acton said he was painting guttering on the front of his house about 7 p.m. Monday when he saw a uniformed officer approach a neighbor’s house and knock on the door.

Acton said the officer didn’t get an answer so he walked across S.W. Plass Avenue and made contact with Acton. The officer told Acton there had been a call about a barking dog, Acton said. After the two spoke briefly, the officer went back to the house and Acton went back to work. A few minutes later, Acton took a break and saw the dog, a German shepherd and border collie mix, galloping playfully toward the officer.

A few seconds later, shots rang out.

“He knew I saw it,” Acton said. “He really got hot under the collar.”

Topeka police Sgt. Jennifer Cross didn’t release the officer’s name Monday night. She did confirm there had been several calls made about a barking dog and another dog possibly loose in the area.

She said the officer tried to make contact with the dog’s owner, and when the dog approached the officer, “he felt in danger.”

“His training is to protect himself,” Cross said.

Detectives and officers spent more than an hour talking to neighbors. Cross said the investigation is ongoing.

On Monday night, several neighbors watched as police worked in the driveway where the dog was shot at 1181 S.W. Plass.

The owners of the dog, who arrived at the scene after the shooting, were visibly upset.

One woman shouted at a group of officers that she was upset they shot and killed the dog when there are other crimes happening in Topeka.

Neighbor Audrey Dukes said the dog, who neighbors call Dallas, often played with her children and was friendly. Dukes said she saw the dog earlier in the evening without a leash. She added that the dog never was unfriendly toward her three children.

She said she is upset because the officer fired several shots at a “friendly dog when we have a block full of kids outside playing.”

When Dukes tried to talk to the officer who shot the dog and a corporal on the scene, she said she was treated rudely.

“They told me to mind my own business,” Dukes said. “They wouldn’t tell us anything. We had a police officer out here who shot a dog five or six times. I think the Topeka police handled this poorly. There was no way that dog was aggressive. And five or six shots? I don’t know the reason the officer had to shoot Dallas. It’s unbelievable.”

(Rudely? Sister, you were lucky you didn't get the Nick Christie/Patricia Cook/Kelly Thomas/Oscar Grant treatment. Daring to ask questions of an Enforcer is one of the most egregious forms of Contempt of Cop there is and is usually dealt with severely. - AF)

Reason
05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
AF, you should consider tracking all these incidents' on a website dedicated to exactly that, then use the advertising income to raise awareness of the dangers of calling the cops.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
AF, you should consider tracking all these incidents' on a website dedicated to exactly that, then use the advertising income to raise awareness of the dangers of calling the cops.

One RPF member is already doing that.

http://www.dogmurderers.com/

And I put an email (albeit late) to take over the excellent http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/ website.

Sadly his project has been suspended since 13 April.

Schifference
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF20qqIN7zs&feature=related

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Served and protected the shit out of that dog.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Related to the dog killing in the above post.

Eh, I just don't even have words.

I'm offline for 24 hours...and these are just a few that I have.

DeKalb cop accused of kicking pregnant woman in stomach

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekalb-cop-accused-of-1433906.html

By Angel K. Brooks

A DeKalb County police officer is under criminal investigation after being accused of kicking a woman who was almost nine months pregnant, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Raven Dozier said she was trying to help her brother calm down during a child custody issue that involved police. She said she started crying and questioning officers after a Taser gun was used on her brother.

"I think he really just didn't want me asking him any questions, questioning him, and when I did question him is when he kicked me," Dozier told Channel 2.

"I was upset because I couldn't believe an officer would kick me, with my child in my stomach," she said.

Dozier gave birth to her now 4-month-old son, Levii, in an emergency C-section two weeks after the incident allegedly left her stomach bruised. The baby is healthy.

Officer Jerad Wheeler described the incident as "a front push kick to the abdomen, as he was taught to do at the academy," in his police report. He said he couldn't tell that Dozier was pregnant and that she aggressively approached him.

An obstruction charge against Dozier was dropped by prosecutors.

Dozier complained to the DeKalb Police Department, and authorities determined the officer's actions were within police policy, Channel 2 said.

DeKalb police did not comment on the incident to Channel 2.

Two other complaints about use of force have been filed against Wheeler, including when he allegedly shot a family's dog after responding to the wrong address, the report said.

phill4paul
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
She said the officer tried to make contact with the dog’s owner, and when the dog approached the officer, “he felt in danger.”

“His training is to protect himself,” Cross said.

I've heard pit-bulls are the new killer bread. I still think the 'law-dog' is the most dangerous breed. They give other dogs a bad name.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I've heard pit-bulls are the new killer bread. I still think the 'law-dog' is the most dangerous breed. They give other dogs a bad name.

Brother Phil, help me out.

Which RPF was it that came up with...NVM, it was Kruggerand that came up with these awesome pics that are now front and center at "The Agitator".

http://assets.theagitator.com/wp-content/uploads/1x3ez.jpg

slamhead
05-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Perfect example of why to not call the cops. This just popped up on my local sheriff blotter. The woman calling for assistance was arrested. 931 = See the woman.

5/10/2012 2:07:37 PM 5/10/2012 2:09:48 PM 12-079075 CITIZEN ASSIST Arrest Info 200 BLK AVD ARAGON read
[5/10/2012 14:34:30 : pos5 : GARDNERSD] [05/10/2012 14:09:13 : pos15 : CHANO] Cross streets: BUENA VISTA//CL PUENTE NBH: 992H4 92672 33.4282968298574,-117.625811888035 931 IN THE GARAGE REF SHE LIVES IN THE GARAGE AND HER EX-BOYFRIEND TOOK HER OFF THE LEASE AND IS THREATENING TO CHANGE HER LOCKS....

Drex
05-10-2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.omahaworldherald.com/news/man-serves-cooked-dog-at-birthday-party.html (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

This is awful...

phill4paul
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.omahaworldherald.com/news/man-serves-cooked-dog-at-birthday-party.html (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

This is awful...

I hate you now, but do agree that this is awful.

aGameOfThrones
05-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Acton later told the officer, "Power corrupts".

phill4paul
05-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Acton later told the officer, "Power corrupts".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to aGameOfThrones again.

Kylie
05-10-2012, 08:00 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to aGameOfThrones again.

Covered. :cool:

azxd
05-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Combining these threads would probably inappropriate.

Ranger29860
05-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Combining these threads would probably inappropriate.

I would rather see anther board just dedicated to this. There are way to many stories everyday about this to have everything condensed in one thread.

Schifference
05-11-2012, 03:55 AM
I would rather see anther board just dedicated to this. There are way to many stories everyday about this to have everything condensed in one thread.
I think it is good the way it has been. Isolating this someplace on its own will stifle the issue so that only those already concerned with it will take notice.

Ranger29860
05-11-2012, 03:58 AM
I think it is good the way it has been. Isolating this someplace on its own will stifle the issue so that only those already concerned with it will take notice.

I agree, BUT when its spammed like we see some days where there are 5-10 post on different occurrences all done within minutes of each other it tends to kill the other threads not on the subject.

Schifference
05-11-2012, 04:06 AM
I agree, BUT when its spammed like we see some days where there are 5-10 post on different occurrences all done within minutes of each other it tends to kill the other threads not on the subject.
I disagree. I think people can easily skip over them if they are not interested. They don't have to click on the link. However it still impregnates the issue that it is a real concern. Most people have no clue how rampant the police state is. Hiding it at this stage of awakening is not helpful to liberty.

muzzled dogg
05-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Copied and pasted to fb

Agorism
05-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Maybe we need a new sub forum for policemen shooting dogs.

azxd
05-11-2012, 07:46 AM
I agree, BUT when its spammed like we see some days where there are 5-10 post on different occurrences all done within minutes of each other it tends to kill the other threads not on the subject.http://www.libertymaniacs.com/images/ronpaul/Ron-Paul-2012-fb-avatar.jpg

Working Poor
05-11-2012, 08:00 AM
“They told me to mind my own business,”

!

OMG!!:eek:

phill4paul
05-11-2012, 08:10 AM
http://www.libertymaniacs.com/images/ronpaul/Ron-Paul-2012-fb-avatar.jpg

http://davidkretzmann.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/the-police-state-in-this-country-1024x633.jpg

Pericles
05-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Maybe we need a new sub forum for policemen shooting dogs.

The War on Dogs subforum

kcchiefs6465
05-11-2012, 09:04 AM
The War on Dogs subforum
Try, "The Police-state Subforum," or "The Standing Army Subforum." Education is the first step to change. With so little being said about these atrocities on the MSM I am glad everyone, who might not hear otherwise, gets to read about them here.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2012, 11:55 AM

I take issue with the term "spammed".

Since I am the primary "guilty" party here, let me make something clear:

I very carefully review these stories, and tend to post only one or two a day, as they come across my desk.

I could, literally, post 100 or more each day, where there is some form of alleged abuse by LE against a citizen or animal.

But I try to cull the unclear, the unknown, the assumed and the obviously biased.

Then I take the most outrageous and post them.

I devote a few hours every day that I can, to that.

That is not spamming.

tod evans
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
The War on Dogs subforum

Truth in advertising would go a long way..

The war on American Citizens who use drugs.

With ancillary battles waged against their family, their pets and their property.

But remember........"It's for the kids".

Brian4Liberty
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
when the dog approached the officer, “he felt in danger.”

This is the neo-conservative theory of preemption in practice. If you feel threatened, it is perfectly acceptable to kill whatever makes you uncomfortable.

wizardwatson
05-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm from Topeka. A while back an off duty cop shot two people people as a result of a "bar fight" so this doesn't surprise me.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-11-2012, 12:29 PM

I very carefully review these stories, and tend to post only one or two a day, as they come across my desk.

I could, literally, post 100 or more each day, where there is some form of alleged abuse by LE against a citizen or animal.

But I try to cull the unclear, the unknown, the assumed and the obviously biased.

That is not spamming.

Nope.

Ranger29860
05-11-2012, 12:41 PM

That is not spamming.

ok maybe "spammed" is not the right word lol. Ok how about this. :P

I agree, BUT when different stories on a single subject such as police abuse or dog murders are posted in such a rapid succession it tends to kill the other threads not on the subject.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
ok maybe "spammed" is not the right word lol. Ok how about this. :P

I agree, BUT when different stories on a single subject such as police abuse or dog murders are posted in such a rapid succession it tends to kill the other threads not on the subject.

Agreed.

There was just a rash of dog killing and abusive police action over the last 24/48 hours.

Bosco Warden
05-11-2012, 02:33 PM
I still like the cops shooting the cow video best, that takes some serious guts. I mean to think of a cow coming after you..

Brave souls those cops. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3W8WwENvBU

phill4paul
05-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I still like the cops shooting the cow video best, that takes some serious guts. I mean to think of a cow coming after you..

Brave souls those cops. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3W8WwENvBU

I've corralled cows before. I didn't need a pistol.

jkr
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
how fucking brave

these punks wont last a week

azxd
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
http://davidkretzmann.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/the-police-state-in-this-country-1024x633.jpgWhat can I say ... Pretty sure he does not possess the level of animosity that is portrayed, here.

phill4paul
05-11-2012, 03:52 PM
What can I say ... Pretty sure he does not possess the level of animosity that is portrayed, here.

We each fight in our own way. At least HE recognizes there is a problem. ;)

azxd
05-11-2012, 04:00 PM
We each fight in our own way. At least HE recognizes there is a problem. ;)We all recognize there is a problem ... But most of us don't want someone who is new to Paul's message to be turned off, because of an extreme prejudice.

Can you quote Paul saying "never call the cops" or reveling in the idea that a cop was shot/killed ?

Anti Federalist
05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
What can I say ... Pretty sure he does not possess the level of animosity that is portrayed, here.

Again, this disconnect between the Apologists / FFoC and what is reality.

That happens to people everyday at airports all across Amerika.

That is a police state.

Government "officers" putting their hands all over you without probable cause.

Anti Federalist
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Can you quote Paul saying "never call the cops" or reveling in the idea that a cop was shot/killed ?

I have never done that.

I haven't asked him about the first part, but I think he would agree.

kcchiefs6465
05-11-2012, 05:45 PM
We each fight in our own way. At least HE recognizes there is a problem. ;)
Must spread some rep around.

azxd
05-11-2012, 06:13 PM
I have never done that.

I haven't asked him about the first part, but I think he would agree.
Your power is great, it seems ... First response deleted, or memory failing.

I guess RP really does hate the cops :confused:

tod evans
05-11-2012, 06:18 PM

I have a hard time fathoming Ron Paul hating pretty much anyone.

I could however understand him loathing some of the actions I have seen described.

phill4paul
05-11-2012, 06:29 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20307886.jpg

azxd
05-11-2012, 06:31 PM
I have a hard time fathoming Ron Paul hating pretty much anyone.

I could however understand him loathing some of the actions I have seen described.Really ?
It's his supporters who represent him the best ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSvD5SM_uI4

tod evans
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Really ?
It's his supporters who represent him the best ;)

What's up with you man?

I speak well of Ron Paul and you post some video link that I have no intention of clicking, once again alluding to some preconceived notion you have.

I would really like an answer to one question;

What law enforcement agency or justice department branch have you drawn a paycheck from?

Pericles
05-11-2012, 07:13 PM
What's up with you man?

I speak well of Ron Paul and you post some video link that I have no intention of clicking, once again alluding to some preconceived notion you have.

I would really like an answer to one question;

What law enforcement agency or justice department branch have you drawn a paycheck from?

Someone who thinks that such abuse would never happen to him.

azxd
05-11-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm not the cop hater who is suggesting that a cop is a target ;)

But hey ... That's what this section is now about, and it's not my doing.

tod evans
05-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Someone who thinks that such abuse would never happen to him.

It may not.....

These type of provocateurs are generally paid by one of the government agencies.

I want to know which one?

Pericles
05-11-2012, 07:30 PM
It may not.....

These type of provocateurs are generally paid by one of the government agencies.

I want to know which one?

Actually, they are quite surprised to find out just how "disposable" they are after they are no longer useful in that role.

azxd
05-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Typical label casters ... Done when nothing logical works, and exposure works against them.

Brian4Liberty
05-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Can you quote Paul saying "never call the cops"?

Maybe not "never", but he would probably agree that it should be a last resort for a variety of reasons. Not the least is that every time a government service is used, it justifies an increase in the budget, size and scope of government. Anyone who wants to limit the size and scope of government should refrain from ever using government services.

kcchiefs6465
05-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm not the cop hater who is suggesting that a cop is a target ;)

But hey ... That's what this section is now about, and it's not my doing.
Reported. And please feel free to answer my bolded question.

ETA: Thank you mods. :) Good to see my complaint didn't go unnoticed.

Pericles
05-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Follow up - "civilian" dogs need this, too:

http://www.uscav.com/category.aspx?catid=2763&tabid=548

Jonse
05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
"When the dog approached him, he felt in danger"

There's one guy who never had a family pet dog growing up.

Perfect example of someone who should not own a firearm.

Also, five or six shots? Had he never used a gun before in his life or something? Or was he that sadistic he shot each of the dog's limbs before killing it?

I really hope this guy is not allowed to be a police officer anymore. It's fortunate his bullets didn't ricochet and hit a baby or anything.

Jodi's mom
05-14-2012, 11:07 PM
I just hope that the good people in Topeka will see that those breed of "law enforcement" are eliminated....from the force, of course. ;)