PDA

View Full Version : TN - Cops shoot man's dog, then throw the body off a cliff.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Policy changes will be looked into and blarg blarg blarg...

Cheatham Co. Pet Owner Wants Answers About Dog's Death

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/18170054/cheatham-county-pet-owner-wants-answers-about-dogs-death#.T6ns3HpV4Qk.facebook

ASHLAND CITY, Tenn. - A Cheatham County man said deputies gunned down his dog, and then disposed of the body in the most disrespectful way possible. Now, he wants answers about how it happened.

Brandon Reed said his pit bull, Kojo, disappeared last Tuesday.

"I had a couple dogs show up in my yard, and they were just kinda hanging out, my dog was out, and he was playing with them, and they were laying around and stuff," he said. "Evidently, Kojo followed them back to their home."

When Kojo hadn't returned by Wednesday, Brandon started to worry. That's when he learned a dog in the neighborhood had been shot by Cheatham County deputies. He went to the house where that shooting happened to try to get some answers.

"She said she called the police because my dog was there and he was causing some type of trouble, or she felt threatened," Reed said.

Sheriff John Holder told NewsChannel 5 his deputies shot the dog after arriving on the scene, but said they did so because Kojo was being aggressive.

"My officers saw this dog come toward them, and my officers shot him," Sheriff Holder said. "And we'll take responsibility for shooting the dog, but we would not have shot the dog if he had not shown some kind of aggression."

Reed said the news of his dog's death was hard enough to handle. Then, he received another blow when he learned what had been done with Kojo's body.

"She said, well, when the officers shot the dog, they dragged it into the woods and threw if off the bluff, which is right behind their house," he said. "There's no way I could've found it without rappelling. So I mean, I don't even know where he is, I didn't even get to bury him."

Sheriff Holder insists that his deputies would not go that far.

"We left the dog there with the people who called us, and they said they would destroy the dog, bury the dog, I think is what they said," said the sheriff.

That never happened, which is why Reed is so upset.

"It was all handled poorly, the whole situation," he said. "It's so disrespectful to Kojo. And he deserved more."

NewsChannel 5 spoke to the woman who called 911 on that day.

She did not want to go on camera, but told us the deputies helped them carry Kojo into the woods, and to the top of that 150-foot bluff.

She said they simply placed the body near the edge, though, and somehow, it must have rolled off.

Sheriff Holder said his deputies would have called the dog's owner, if it had only been wearing a collar and tag.

Still, he said, this situation will prompt a change in protocol. From now on, if forced to shoot a pet, deputies will be instructed to immediately turn over the body to animal control.

Reed just hopes it doesn't happen to anyone else.

"I mean, normally, when you think of losing a pet, you think about maybe he got run over or they died of old age," he said. "This isn't the case. Someone voluntarily took his life, and I never got to say goodbye.

Danke
05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Sheriff Holder said his deputies would have called the dog's owner, if it had only been wearing a collar and tag.

"Dog should have been on a leash." Rael

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 04:48 PM
"Dog should have been on a leash." Rael

OP is a Cop hater.

heavenlyboy34
05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
OP is a Cop hater. +1 OP is reported.

TheTexan
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I bet he's still gonna vote for Romney/Obama. Just sayin

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I bet he's still gonna vote for Romney/Obama. Just sayin

Won't take that bet.

brandon
05-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Seriously....an untrained pitbull with no collar or tags wandering around the neighborhood for days. Terrorizing some lady and lunging at the cops. There's only one person to blame here: Danke.

PaulConventionWV
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Someone voluntarily took his life

I find this phrase rather odd. It's like a murderer saying they voluntarily murdered someone. No shit, Sherlocke.

phill4paul
05-10-2012, 05:39 PM
OP is a Cop hater.

And single handedly cost Ron Paul the nomination by not embracing the Law Enforcement community. It is known.

LibertyEagle
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
What happened to Animal Control? Does it not exist anymore? Why are cops taking these calls?

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
What happened to Animal Control? Does it not exist anymore? Why are cops taking these calls?

I think it's like the case of that elderly Marine in NY that the cops tormented, called a n*gger, and then shot when his emergency alert bracelet went off by mistake.

Any call to 911 will get you cops, with, sadly, predictable results.

phill4paul
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM

Pretty damn well controlled don't you think?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4MCxdsVvZcyw1odUs74Lvzsk4cZx4P IZiVGThcVETGauzvJFT

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 05:54 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4MCxdsVvZcyw1odUs74Lvzsk4cZx4P IZiVGThcVETGauzvJFT

Do you get Combat Quals for a dog shooting?

Or must it be a Mundane?

Agorism
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Anti Federalist,

If the dog was indeed being aggressive in the sense that it may have bitten them, would they have the right to shoot it?

phill4paul
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Do you get Combat Quals for a dog shooting?

Or must it be a Mundane?

Mundanes ain't as cute and cuddly....

http://static.globalgrind.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_images_540/images/2012_may/kelly-thomas-police-beating.jpg

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Anti Federalist,

If the dog was indeed being aggressive in the sense that it may have bitten them, would they have the right to shoot it?

That's awful subjective and would depend on the dog.

My dog?

If he was charging and snarling and barking, a 150 pound missile of heavy black fur and muscle, heading right for you, yeah, that would be "threatening".

But my dog doesn't do that, he just barks.

Bet your ass I'll never let a cop willingly onto my property because of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2436_3BRlA

The Goat
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM

I always wonder why 911 doesn't foward calls to animal control and leave the cops out of it. probably a regulation that increases calls to justify more officers being on the beat down.

tod evans
05-10-2012, 06:20 PM
If a dog was a real threat a cop wouldn't have time to draw and aim..

These assholes are shooting pets that refuse to be submissive. (as any good dog would)

phill4paul
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
If a dog was a real threat a cop wouldn't have time to draw and aim..

These assholes are shooting pets that refuse to be submissive. (as any good dog would)

Yeah, that. And mundanes too.

Danke
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Seriously....an untrained pitbull with no collar or tags wandering around the neighborhood for days. Terrorizing some lady and lunging at the cops. There's only one person to blame here: Danke.

Laugh It Up, Fuzzball. One more hotdog slip up and you're done!

TheTexan
05-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Anti Federalist,

In the off chance the dog was actually being aggressive, it's most likely because the cop came in screaming and yelling and pointing guns at people.

Anti Federalist
05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Anti Federalist,

Here is a case where quick thinking by a cop, along with deadly force, used against an attacking dog, probably saved a life.

http://www.wave3.com/story/18272709/police-shoot-and-kill-dog-who-attacked-mail-carrier

But if, as a cop, you can't tell the difference...

Czolgosz
05-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Cops are *notorious* liars.

satchelmcqueen
05-10-2012, 11:56 PM
"She said they simply placed the body near the edge, though, and somehow, it must have rolled off."

lol wtf????????

azxd
05-11-2012, 12:44 AM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4MCxdsVvZcyw1odUs74Lvzsk4cZx4P IZiVGThcVETGauzvJFTAbsolutely.

Ranger29860
05-11-2012, 12:48 AM

I know in Orlando we have a very good animal control (unit?). And a very effective animal shelter system. Most animal control contacts end in the animal getting into the private shelters down here who do not euthanize the animal. The great thing is these shelters are privately run and have discount medical care for owners and manage to make enough money from the adoptions to not have to kill them.

That being said the Orlando police are damn near fascist down here.

azxd
05-11-2012, 08:05 AM
^^^ Damn near ... I think it's being proven that they are all the enemy of dogs.