PDA

View Full Version : those with political intentions

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:23 PM
hey, if any of us have political intentions, like running for office post it in this thread so I can a dd it to the agenda of Liberty Independence Front

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
+would anyone like to help me build a real website for the Liberty Independence Front, it's not real organization yet, I'm putting everything together to really rool it out after the election are over to keep the grassroots mobilized.

RPFTW!
11-15-2007, 09:29 PM
I hope people stay together if Ron Paul loses, I think we will personally. I say we all stay united and promote and fund our own members of congress and government.

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
that's my goal with the LIF, cause it I guess we can't keep calling ourselves the ron paul campaign after the elections so thought that's a banner that pretty much summarizes our bipartisan stand on things.

Furis
11-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I hope people stay together if Ron Paul loses, I think we will personally. I say we all stay united and promote and fund our own members of congress and government.

If Ron loses we are going to be in a living hell.

Spirit of '76
11-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Our very own torchbearer:
http://www.joinsanders.com

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't see him losing, it just doesn't make sense to me.

castor
11-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Eventually I would like to run for a public office. I think I could do so much better than these corrupt politicians. The only thing is, I get this feeling that the deck is stacked against honest people. But I will still give it a shot. :)

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 09:57 PM
that's why we need to stay together, how does the Liberty Independence Alliance sound?

wisen
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM

check out www.ronpaulfriendsusa.com

castor
11-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Is there a list of all the different public offices that you can run for?

Richandler
11-15-2007, 10:19 PM
If Ron loses we have to take over NH and spread out from there. Join the Free State Project and all that.

I love this list: http://www.freestateproject.org/files/101-Reasons-to-Move-to-NH.pdf

I wish I wasn't in the middle of college I would go there immediately. Ha.

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Is there a list of all the different public offices that you can run for?

Just do a google search, but let's look into your US representatives cause if we can fill the congress in 2010, Ron Paul will be super powerful

Broadlighter
11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Also consider affiliating yourself with "Freedom Force International" and "We the People Foundation." FFI is Ed Griffin's group. They have a lot of great resources like articles on how to defeat collectivists at meetings between local government and citizens.

Even with Ron Paul in the White House, we need to elect Congressman and Senators who are on board with the freedom message. Ron Paul can't do this alone.

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm in this fight for the long haul, already got my campaign slogan

"An ear for the American people"

I already got local radio attention hat I've been using to mention I endorse Ron paul and such (I'm a town celebrity of sorts)

2012 I'm coming for ya New York District 4

AlexMerced
11-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Anyone want to create an official website for the Liberty Independence Alliance?

Paul4Prez
11-16-2007, 12:07 AM
A few ideas for those considering a future in politics:

1. Work at being successful in your career. You will look more impressive to voters and potential donors, and have more of your own money to jump start your campaign.

2. Learn to speak well. Join Toastmasters (you will also meet a lot of success-oriented people there). Speak as often as you can.

3. Build up your network -- your professional society, chamber of commerce (if you run a business), alumni organization, Toastmasters again, volunteering in the community, fraternal organizations, etc. You will meet more movers and shakers, and more of them will consider you more seriously if they know you already.