View Full Version : Bangor Daily News: Paul has not won a State so far

Three Pipe Problem
05-10-2012, 09:25 AM
On the heels of Ron's victory in Maine this past weekend, the Bangor Daily News published an article stating that "Paul has not won a state so far and has just 83 delegates, according an Associated Press count." Initially I thought this must be a mis-quotation of the oft-repeated statement that Paul has not yet won a primary state... but after emailing and calling the author a few times, it seems that he has no interest in the truth.

To make the timing clear, this was published on Sunday, May 6th. I believe the victory in Nevada was clear by the 5th. So depending on how you count, Paul had already won 3-5 states when this was published. And if you're going to say 3, you'd want to note that all signs in Iowa and Washington point to a victory when the delegates are decided at the end of the month.

Here is the link:

While this may have been a mistake to begin with, I emailed the author the night the article was published and have followed up with another email and a phone call. So now he knows the truth and refuses to correct the article. In my book this is about the same as a deliberate lie.

I would encourage folks to contact the author, Eric Russell, and ask why he refuses to print the truth.

And here is the info for the paper's editor-in-cheif:

Since this is such a flagrant example of media lies at a critical time for Ron, I would also encourage people to blog this.

05-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Take it as motivation!