PDA

View Full Version : GOP in North Carolina breaks the rules for Romney before the primary

AngelClark
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
There's all this background about money and then:
In North Carolina, where Romney so recently won the state primary, the GOP used the Guilford County Republican Party Headquarters to make phone calls on behalf of Romney. The calls were organized in part by Al Bouldin, the Guilford County GOP Chair. Bouldin was well aware of the fact that the Republican Party does not endorse candidates in the Primary, a fact he had stated a few days prior to organizing calls for Romney at the County GOP headquarters.

The Republican Party does not endorse any candidates in the Primary. We are forbidden from endorsing one Republican candidate over another.

With his actions, it seems that the GOP in Guilford County was in fact aiding Romney, before the primary. This goes against the GOP rules (specifically Rule #11) and no person nominated in violation of that rule is supposed to be recognized by the RNC. When Ron Paul supporters questioned the County GOP in regards to the aid of a Republican Headquarters, they were silenced and associations were split.

Many have asked for Romney to denounce this type of behavior. So far, Romney has remained silent. Does the GOP really others to cheat in the name of a candidate? One wonders whether this drags not only Romney, but also his supporters, through the proverbial mud.

Continue reading: http://exm.nr/ILIDb1

Includes slideshow images of GOP County chair using headquarters specifically to campaign for Romney and ignoring Ron Paul supporters when they call him on it.

sailingaway
05-10-2012, 09:19 AM
That is interesting if the section b bit in the thread 'undoing Romney one state at a time' bit is correct. Haven't read through it to see if it is, though.

AngelClark
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I was quite pleased by the fact that this was sent to me, with FB screen shots. In other words, through sites like this, we're fighting the media... Also, yeah, I really liked that bit about breaking Rule 11 meaning we could break down the wins. It's worth looking into... especially for people who have been saving up proof.

G-Wohl
05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I was quite pleased by the fact that this was sent to me, with FB screen shots. In other words, through sites like this, we're fighting the media... Also, yeah, I really liked that bit about breaking Rule 11 meaning we could break down the wins. It's worth looking into... especially for people who have been saving up proof.

So supposing we save up all of these instances of Romney/RNC breaking Rule 11... what happens as a consequence of proving these things? Say, on the off chance, that the RNC officially recognizes the rule-breaking. Does Romney get disqualified? Does he lose delegates? Does the entire convention get broken down? What is the benefit to us of even bringing these problems to the forefront?

V3n
05-10-2012, 10:57 AM
AngelClark - Great work as always!! :)

ClydeCoulter
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
So supposing we save up all of these instances of Romney/RNC breaking Rule 11... what happens as a consequence of proving these things? Say, on the off chance, that the RNC officially recognizes the rule-breaking. Does Romney get disqualified? Does he lose delegates? Does the entire convention get broken down? What is the benefit to us of even bringing these problems to the forefront?

^^ ?

fisharmor
05-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Short term: nothing. They shut down an entire state convention in 2008, and the party elite unilaterally decided everything after the convention was supposed to have it all done.
This kind of pales in comparison to that.

Long term: it creates more of us.

kathy88
05-10-2012, 11:21 AM

Daylight.

Maximus
05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
That sure sounds like a violation...