PDA

View Full Version : 10 Day Phone Jam

goldenequity
06-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Mr. Scheffler, and his Organization is forbidden to actually endorse anyone.

Jam those phone lines until June 30th.

It's LEAST we can do. It's 8:00EST.

We've got work to do folks. It's called protest..... an old American tradition and instead of pitchforks and torches..... use Skype!

Onward, through the fog!

goldenequity
06-20-2007, 06:19 AM
Can someone please post a thorogh list of target phone numbers, fax numbers etc.

It was on post 258 from yesterday's thread until it crashed. I don't see it anymore!:mad:

Thanks in advance.:)

mesler
06-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Why call it a phone jam? Why not just ask as many people as you can to call and politely ask why he won't be included, and for them to reconsider? That way it doesn't sound like a coordinated attack or something. People will have more respect for our movement if we kill them with kindness instead of the other stuff.

AMack
06-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Well, we will jam their offices with calls and emails politely requesting that Ron Paul be invited to the Iowa debate =)

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 07:29 AM
I received an email through meetup which listed home phone numbers.

The email was sent after 10pm last night.:rolleyes:

My objection to such tactics was ... met with resistance.

goldenequity
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Here's what I could find.
btw: I didn't call for people to be rude, I called for people to be active and persistent....... not to acquiesce. :)
Jam the lines with politeness. OK?:) :) :cool:

Here's what I have:

More info... Chairman of Iowans for Tax Relief is Mr. David M. Stanley. He can be contacted via...

563-263-7203

Here are more emails for the Christian group:

President - Steve Scheffler

Treasurer/President of the Board - Morris Hurd mhurd@iowatelecom.net

State Finance Chairman - Gopal Krishna 515-975-8771 gopkrishna@yahoo.com

Director of Church and Community Development - Jessica Anderson jessica@iowachristian.com

Lobbyist - Norm Pawlewski Rmpaw@msn.com

Webmaster webmaster@iowachristian.com

PRESIDENTIAL FORUM SPONSORS #'S

Coldwell Banker Mid America Group (Des Moines, IA office) (800)225-7683
American's for Fair Taxation (and they're freaking based in Texas) 1-800-FAIRTAX

TheConstitutionLives
06-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Edward Failor
Executive Vice President
Iowans for Tax Relief
563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600
Fax: 563-264-2413
itr@taxrelief.org

Katie Koberg
Public Relations Director
Iowans for Tax Relief
515-875-4936
kkoberg@taxrelief.org

Steve Scheffler, President
Iowa Christian Alliance
515-225-1515
(If no luck, try 515-971-7363)
515-225-1826 (fax)
slscheffler@iowachristian.com

mdh
06-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Phone numbers to contact people at Iowans for Tax Relief...
David M. Stanley, chairman: 563-263-7203
Edward D. Failor, chief counsel: 563-263-3738
Katie Koberg, press secretary: 563-284-6796

Steve Scheffler at the Iowa Christian Alliance can be contacted via 515-971-7363

These are in addition to the ones in the OP.

goldenequity
06-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Keep calling all numbers.

Don't stop.

Rage (politely) against the Machine.:) :) :cool:

goldenequity
06-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Here is a cell phone number for the FairTax org. representative that
concerns the Iowa Tax Relief sponsership:

Aaron 832 671 1190

guntherg16
06-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Correction about Iowa forum co-sponsor

I have just recieved a phone call from Coldwell Banker in Iowa stating that they are NOT co-sponsors of the Iowa candidates' forum.

Repeat, they are NOT involved.

Someone somewhere had posted that they were co-sponsors, but acccording to Coldwell Banker person who called me, they are NOT co-sponsors.

I wanted to alert all to this information.

It's on the Iowans for Tax relief website.

http://www.taxrelief.org/

Sponsored by: Iowans for Tax Relief
& Iowa Christian Alliance
Co-Sponsored by: Coldwell Banker Mid America Group, Realtors, FairTax.org,
Krishna Engineering Consultants, Inc, & Light Expressions by Shaw

Saturday, June 30, 2007
1:00 - 5:00 pm

guntherg16
06-20-2007, 03:36 PM
From another thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Coldwell Banker Mid-America Group, Realtors
Address: 2120 Rittenhouse Street
Suite A
Des Moines, IA 50321
Office Phone: (515)287-0009
Toll Free Phone: (800)225-7683
Voice Mail: (515)224-8601
Fax: (515)224-8644
Email: mlc@midamericagroup.com

---------------------------------------------------------
Fairtax.org

Americans for Fair Taxation
PO Box 27487
Houston, Texas 77227-7487 In an effort to respond to your input on a timely basis, we request that you direct your e-mail to one of the addresses below:

WebEditor@fairtax.org - feature submissions, comments about and suggestions for the Web site

Grassroots@fairtax.org - questions and input from FairTax volunteers

Expert@fairtax.org - topical and issue-oriented questions about taxation and the FairTax. (Check out "Ask the Expert" for previously answered questions.)

Politics@fairtax.org - alerts and reports regarding elected officials, politics, and the FairTax

Media@fairtax.org - contact our radio and print media coordinators

Info@fairtax.org - general requests for information

PHONE & FAX

Phone: 713-963-9023
Toll-Free: 1-800-FAIRTAX (324-7829)

Fax: 713-963-8403
--------------------------------------------------------------
KRISHNA ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS INC

Physical Address
1454 30TH STREET, SUITE 104 WEST WINDS
WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266-1311

Phone: (515) 224-6300
800 #: None Listed
Fax: (515) 224-0000
Company E-mail: None Listed
Web Site: None Listed
Quote:
Light Expressions by Shaw
750 Alice's Road
Waukee, IA 50263

Phone: (515) 987-3808
Fax: (515) 987-3812

maggiebott
06-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Do not call Gopal Krishna. If anything send him mail thanking him for backing Ron Paul. I just had a lengthy conversation with him. He assures me Ron Paul will be heard on Aug. 5th by Iowans. He is listed on here as state finance chairman and has no say in this, so we should keep calling Edward Failor.

Bloody Holly
06-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Keep calling all numbers.

Don't stop.

Rage (politely) against the Machine.:) :) :cool:

Okay raging politely.

"So sir if I might so kindly ask, why in the fuck are you being such an elitest prick for HUH HUH??? Thanks sir.

I'm joking, I'll behave ;)

Dave
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Do not call Gopal Krishna. If anything send him mail thanking him for backing Ron Paul. I just had a lengthy conversation with him. He assures me Ron Paul will be heard on Aug. 5th by Iowans. He is listed on here as state finance chairman and has no say in this, so we should keep calling Edward Failor.

Could you tell us more? What does he mean? August 5 is the ABC debate - we already know RP will be in this. The issue is the June 30 forum! What did he say about that?

jj111
06-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Correction about Iowa forum co-sponsor

I have just recieved a phone call from Coldwell Banker in Iowa stating that they are NOT co-sponsors of the Iowa candidates' forum.

Repeat, they are NOT involved.

Someone somewhere had posted that they were co-sponsors, but acccording to Coldwell Banker person who called me, they are NOT co-sponsors.

I wanted to alert all to this information.

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 03:51 PM

That's got nothing to do with the presidential candidate forum he is being barred from on the 30th. Sounds like he weaseled his way out of your phone call. :p

Bradley in DC
06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I received an email through meetup which listed home phone numbers.

The email was sent after 10pm last night.:rolleyes:

My objection to such tactics was ... met with resistance.

Peoples' homes should be off limits. We need to win them over with kindness.

goldenequity
06-20-2007, 04:46 PM

I spoke at length with Gopal as well. He has no say so in this drama...none.

A kind man who wants Iowans to know about Ron Paul.:) :)

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Peoples' homes should be off limits. We need to win them over with kindness.

Absolutely! If we act like horse's asses, it will not have the desired outcome! In fact, it will reflect very badly on our candidate.

tnvoter
06-20-2007, 05:46 PM

Important Info**

oldpaths1611
06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
I just called Steve Scheffler, the president of Iowa Christian Alliance. Before I could even get a single word out he very angrily told me to stop calling him (it was my first call). He said he's trying to get rid of all the "stupid voice mail and emails from people like you." Then he said "don't call me anymore," and hung up. Sounds like Ron Paul supporters are doing their job and Mr. Scheffler is feeling the heat. His contact info is below. Keep up the "stupid voice mail and emails." Don't lay off these people until Dr. Paul gets a fair deal from them.

Iowa Christian Alliance
515-225-1515
515-225-1826 (fax)

torchbearer
06-20-2007, 08:52 PM
in 2 days i've made 2 phone calls and 4 faxes.

jj111
06-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Okay. Now we have the new info today on Mr. Failor.

We have updated information about this scandal as of today.
As of today, we have found the following conflict of interest of Mr. Failor:

BUSTED! ED FAILOR, WHO EXCLUDED RON PAUL FROM THE IOWANS FOR TAX RELIEF DEBATE, WORKS FOR JOHN MCCAIN CAMPAIGN AS SENIOR ADVISOR!
Posted Jun 20, 2007 12:02 PM PST
Category: POLITICS/CORRUPTION
http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2008/mccain/mccainorgia.html

In addition, he's a financial supporter of McCain:
Edward Failor Contribution List in 2008
Name & Location Employer/Occupation Dollar Amount Date Primary/General Contibuted To
Failor, Edward D Mr. Jr. MUSCATINE, IA 52761 Iowans For Tax Relief/Executive Vic $250 03/31/2007 P JOHN MCCAIN 2008 INC. - Republican
Failor, Edward D Mr. Jr. MUSCATINE, IA 52761 Iowans For Tax Relief/Executive Vic $1,000 03/31/2007 P JOHN MCCAIN 2008 INC. - Republican
http://www.campaignmoney.com/finance.asp?type=in&cycle=08&criteria=failor

Now, given that Mr. Failor has a conflict of interest, and that we learned about his position in the McCain headquarters just today, I think it might be reasonable to discuss this information with the corporate co-sponsor to see if they want to make a written statement on the matter and/or withdraw their corporate sponsorship from this event. After all, this story is growing bigger every day. I cannot possibly think that these facts are going to end up being good PR for the corporate sponsors.

So, one of the corporate sponsors I have been told is Light Expressions by Shaw, and the manager is at following business number:

Coralville, IA Branch
319-358-8311
Steve Shaw, Manager

The manager I believe may be related to the owner. The owner's email is to the best of my knowledge:

Mr. Shaw – shaw@lightexpressions.com

I am wondering if tomorrow I and others might consider calling either of the Mr. Shaws at work to ask them about if they know about these issues, and if they are going to withdraw their sponsorship of this event, and put this in a public written statement?

Does anybody think this is unreasonable to contact them at their work and discuss this with them? After all, they (have told me) that they have in some way been corporate co-sponsors (have some link) to this event. Maybe we should clarify exactly what the link is and whether they want to consider severing it, and/or attempting to persuade Mr. Failor to reconsider the issue and invite Dr. Paul to this forum. Please give me feedback and tell me if you think this is reasonable to ask of him tomorrow.

Brandybuck
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
BE POLITE PEOPLE!

I just finished listening to Failor on the radio, and he's claiming he's getting vulgar rude phone calls at home at midnight. Don't give him any ammunition!

Our goal is to get Ron Paul elected, not to kick people we don't like in the nuts.

Call those offices, during reasonable business hours, and leave a polite message. Don't yell, don't insult, don't scream, don't cuss. Don't get personal.

jj111
06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Absolutely. Always be polite. Always be calm. Always be reasonable. What would Ron do?

BLS
06-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I just called Steve Scheffler, the president of Iowa Christian Alliance. Before I could even get a single word out he very angrily told me to stop calling him (it was my first call). He said he's trying to get rid of all the "stupid voice mail and emails from people like you." Then he said "don't call me anymore," and hung up. Sounds like Ron Paul supporters are doing their job and Mr. Scheffler is feeling the heat. His contact info is below. Keep up the "stupid voice mail and emails." Don't lay off these people until Dr. Paul gets a fair deal from them.

Iowa Christian Alliance
515-225-1515
515-225-1826 (fax)

SWEET! It means it's working.
Imagine coming into work everyday for the next week and having 300+ emails all complaining about the same thing, and then having to clean out your voicemails of 300+ complaints.

Faxing is like the icing. We could bring their fax machine to it's knees. :D

PatriotOne
06-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere. This is from the Iowans for Tax Relief website under About Us. I find the part I highlighted in red particulary interesting. I think we could beat him over the head with his very own mission statement.

http://www.taxrelief.org/about_us.htm

Iowans for Tax Relief lobbies for reduced state government spending and lower taxes for all Iowans. Lower state taxes bring better jobs and population growth. More people mean a broader tax base and enough money for government to provide services.

Many believe in the work we are doing. Since 1978 our organization has grown to include over 50,000 members, making us the largest taxpayer’s rights group, per capita, in the country.

The average two-earner family, in Iowa, spends over 50% of what they earn for government. Federal, state, and local sales and income taxes combined with government fees, licenses and other hidden taxes are a burden to Iowa families.

The 10 fastest growing states in the U.S. also happen to be the 10 lowest tax states. Conversely, the 10 highest tax states are the slowest growing states in the U.S. To business owners and families alike, Americans want lower taxes.

Click here to see some of ITR’s accomplishments

Click here to see facts about how taxes and spending affect us all

Iowans for Tax Relief PAC (the political action arm of Iowans for Tax Relief) is the most effective force in Iowa politics. We research Legislative candidates all over Iowa, come along side those who share our vision, and help them win.

We’ve done the work finding the right candidates across Iowa. When the fiscal conservatives outnumber the big spenders, family budgets are protected, spending is reduced, and taxes are cut.

We are not captive to either political party. We support candidates who commit, in writing, to reduce the growth rate of government as a lawmaker. Help us support these candidates.

100% of your personal gift goes straight to the candidates

Our candidates win over 90% of the time

We will not move from the task of electing Legislative candidates who will protect your family budget. Iowans for Tax Relief PAC is a trusted ally with the best interest of your family in mind.

jj111
06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
You could also theoretically join online instantly for free, and then call in and complain, saying truthfully that you are a member. I don't know if anybody wants to be a member of this organization, but if you do, it's free and instantaneous. Then you can honestly call and say you are a member with a complaint.

http://www.taxrelief.org/join.htm

goldenequity
06-21-2007, 05:12 AM
This is where things start falling away,
so this post is about staying the course.
Failor is now "old" news, however....

Ron Paul is the epitomy of staying the course.
He doesn't waiver. The man's incredible at 71.

Let's not waiver, let's be an incredible support base.

Failor called us "fringe" and further the very essence of his insult was
to relegate Our Candidate as merely "fringe" like his supporters.

Are we "fringe"?

Let's make his office a living Hell for 9 more days.
....Politely, of course. :cool: :cool:

goldstandard
06-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Hear, hear!

dspectre
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
are people still calling and emailing?

jj111
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
I called the Tax Relief org today and asked to speak with anyone in person. I joined yesterday, so I told them truthfully I was a member. The receptionist said nobody was in, she would not tell me when anyone would be in to take my call, so I said I'll try calling back later to see if somebody comes in. I would keep up the work people. I am going to check in with them at least once a day by phone, fax, and/or email until I get a response from them.

goldenequity
06-22-2007, 12:48 PM
8 More Days Folks....Don't stop holding them ACCOUNTABLE!!

Posted this to bump their phone numbers back to the front!

Remember....they called us fringe.

We're NOT fringe.... we're mad as hell and focused!

besides, this is SO much Fun!!! :D :D :D

torchbearer
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
faxes are offline.

ShaneC
06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Just emailed Katie Koberg. Looks like it went through.