PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: Tea Party wins in Indiana

stu2002
05-10-2012, 06:09 AM
By Sen. Rand Paul

Reports of the Tea Party’s death have been exaggerated greatly. Oh sure, Harry Reid may say it’s dead, and he clearly wishes it were so. The upset victory of Richard Mourdock in Indiana indicates the Tea Party is alive and well.

Something remarkable happened Tuesday night in Indiana. Voters from nearly every part of the Republican Party came together to vote for change. Not just any change - change from a well-liked 36-year incumbent. Let me note here that I mean no disrespect to my departing colleague, Richard G. Lugar, who is a gentleman and has served honorably.

But this kind of change does not happen very often in politics. Ninety-six percent of incumbents win. Defeating an incumbent is extraordinary and is evidence of an electorate that thinks government debt should be controlled. The chattering class complains about the death of the center and bipartisanship. We are told a safe seat has been endangered.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/9/tea-party-wins-in-indiana/

Aratus
05-10-2012, 06:14 AM
this makes November in Indiana interesting!
Mourdock might triumph over the Democrat!

realtonygoodwin
05-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Most likely will. The Democrats are trying to paint him as an "extremist" but he is no O'Donnel, Angle, or Ken Buck.

Sola_Fide
05-10-2012, 08:06 AM
How is Mourdock on foreign policy?

AuH20
05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
This Lugar ouster is all about moving the goalposts back in our direction. Little by little.

Feeding the Abscess
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
How is Mourdock on foreign policy?

Considering Mourdock hit Lugar for frequently working with Democrats on foreign policy, I'm almost certain Mourdock is the worst of the worst.

This Lugar ouster is all about moving the goalposts back in our direction. Little by little.

The goalposts will be shifting in a massive direction towards statism when Ron takes his leave. Guys like Mourdock will react accordingly.