PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Massachusetts!

NFG
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Apparently, I registered this account on here almost a year ago but looks like I never got around to posting :p.

I'm 18, from Massachusetts, and actually got turned on to Ron Paul in a strange way. Last year, in my AP US History class, we looked pretty in depth at the founding of the country, the constitution, etc. I had always been interested in politics but more had viewed myself as a pretty strict conservative. Learning about the history made me realize how screwed up the government has become. The thing that hit me the hardest was actually George Washington's farewell speech. It hit me and really helped change my views for the better. I had heard of Ron Paul but never really thought much because of how he is labeled as a cook but I realized he was by far the best guy to turn this country around.

Sorry that was long but figured I'd share a little background on how I became a Ron Paul supporter. Looking forward to posting on here!

kuckfeynes
05-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Sounds like you had a good teacher! I now refer to that period of my life as my liberal indoctrination...

PauliticsPolitics
05-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Welcome!
You found the right place!

Also, let me add: don't miss out on the "New Posts" button in the top bar.
It's a convenient feature that often goes over-looked!
Enjoy.

Massachusetts
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the forum! What part of Mass are you from? I'm also from Mass as you can tell by my username!

I had a similar experience learning about the government and the constitution in high school.

navom1
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
why can't I post links?

phill4paul
07-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Welcome. Just so you know it is Ron Paul's wife Carol that is known for being a 'cook.'

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/files/2011/12/Ron-Paul-Cookbook-300x233.jpg