PDA

View Full Version : Super Brochures for Texas

JohnDLG
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
FYI, Ron Paul Super Brochures can now be ordered for Texas Precincts.

When you buy for a precinct it gets sent to all the registered voters who voted in the 2008 and 2010 primary. I've bought one for my precinct and one other. With early voting starting on the 14th this would be likely to help court the people who will reluctant Romney voters.

http://www.ronpaulbrochure.com/

Unknown.User
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM

runningdiz
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I thought the stupid brochure thing died already.

The campaign needs 600,000 in 2 weeks. Consider donating there so he does not have to end the campaign.

runningdiz
05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I thought the stupid brochure thing died already.

The campaign needs $600,000 in 2 weeks. Consider donating there so he does not have to end the campaign.

1stAmendguy
05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't mean to break forum guidelines by saying this out of disrespect, but I'm tired of the paid trolls coming on here and promoting these brochures.

truthspeaker
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Btw, the official RonPaul2012 brochures are here too (For those who want something besides the Superbrochures)

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/slim-jim-4x9-issue-card-packs/

They're a great buy. I'd recommend the following for Texas:

Combine 1 of these:

***Restore America's Prosperity
Lower Taxes

With one of these:

***A Man of Faith
Gun Rights

wgadget
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
I guffawed.

bluesc
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Fuck this shit. Still trying to profit and send out useless shit that hurts Ron at the same time?

Tell guy who is paying you to take this shit back to the Daily Paul and keep it there since Nystrom has no problem taking a cut.

PauliticsPolitics
05-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Yea, wow.
The superbrochure is an especially bad idea for Texas.

I do think people could use a reminder that Ron Paul is still running, and that he is a Texan.
But not the superbrochure, not that disaster.

If a direct mailing was deemed logical, it should be a simple and CHEAP piece that basically says:

Dear Texas:
Don't embarrass yourself. Don't elect a Massachusetts Moderate.
Vote for Ron Paul, the conservative choice, a True Texan.

Lightweis
05-09-2012, 09:11 PM
OH BOY. Get the hell out of here troll

Lucille
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
-rep. The supershittybrochures do not help Ron get elected in any way, shape or form. For the thousandth time, they hurt the campaign.

jscoppe
05-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Burn them all.

KMX
05-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I am no troll, check my post history. I have been out on foot , door to door the past 6 days in a row here in Texas and a bunch over the past 2 months. Matter of fact my hands have blisters on them b/c I was pounding in 8 foot Ron Paul sign all across the Texas HWYS the past few days on top of the door to door.

It's all about how you use the brochure. They are not crap but I do agree we could make a better use for the money by donating to the Ron Paul campaign instead. HOWEVER if you have money to toss around or you are maxed out for donations, please do not feel as if these are trash, b/c I know for a fact they are good, I use them a bunch.

Back to more important things.

VictorB
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Buy the cards from the campaign. Money go towards the campaign and they are more effective.

alucard13mmfmj
05-09-2012, 10:57 PM
use brochures in places where ron paul campaign is not focusing... dont use brochures in places that the campaign is trying hard in.

Lightweis
05-09-2012, 10:59 PM
are they good for toilet paper?

05-09-2012, 11:54 PM
FYI, Ron Paul Super Brochures can now be ordered for Texas Precincts.

When you buy for a precinct it gets sent to all the registered voters who voted in the 2008 and 2010 primary. I've bought one for my precinct and one other. With early voting starting on the 14th this would be likely to help court the people who will reluctant Romney voters.

http://www.ronpaulbrochure.com/

Sigh. This foolishness continues on. This appears to be a profit-making endeavor in the disguise of a not-for-profit campaign tool, but regardless of the financial aspect, we know the brochures do not work.

J_White
05-10-2012, 12:36 AM
lol.

Forgive him RPF-ers, for he knows not what he is doing !

Aratus
05-10-2012, 06:25 AM
they are heavy artillery intended for the groundlings and groundtroops.
if you have about 100 to 500 of 'em and also one or two page localized
printouts and cards etc, then hold back on them and hand them to the
people who are near to totally into RON PAUL. do eye contact please!!!

EBounding
05-10-2012, 06:31 AM
These things might be OK for canvassing in places like California or college campuses, but it's terrible for a place like Texas. It's too late now anyway. The campaign needs money more than anything else.

Gray Fullbuster
05-10-2012, 06:54 AM
For the love of god, will someone tell me what is so wrong with Ron Paul brochures? They look fine.

enoch150
05-10-2012, 07:23 AM
For the love of god, will someone tell me what is so wrong with Ron Paul brochures? They look fine.

Most of the mistakes in the brochure have been fixed. There's only anecdotal evidence that the current version of the brochures do any harm and just as much of the same type that they help. That being said, they shouldn't be used in states where the campaign has a presence because the brochure is less cost efficient and campaign literature can be better targeted. It's better to donate to the campaign for those states where the campaign is active.

KMX
05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I am no troll, check my post history. I have been out on foot , door to door the past 6 days in a row here in Texas and a bunch over the past 2 months. Matter of fact my hands have blisters on them b/c I was pounding in 8 foot Ron Paul sign all across the Texas HWYS the past few days on top of the door to door.

It's all about how you use the brochure. They are not crap but I do agree we could make a better use for the money by donating to the Ron Paul campaign instead. HOWEVER if you have money to toss around or you are maxed out for donations, please do not feel as if these are trash, b/c I know for a fact they are good, I use them a bunch.

Back to more important things.

These things might be OK for canvassing in places like California or college campuses, but it's terrible for a place like Texas. It's too late now anyway. The campaign needs money more than anything else.

Read my post at the top... I am in Texas. They work GREAT!

Nothing is wrong with them. We have people on here that are told one thing so that's what the belive. They are still little sheep that can't think/do for themselves.

I use the brochure all the time. IT WORKS.

We have a massive grass roots movement here in Tarrant County Texas WE ALL use the brochure. Our numbers grow by the day!

THEY WORK!

digitaldean
05-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Dont buy these things. If you want to spend money please print out these:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0oRX5D16N4XSjlYdVJvYlhrX00/edit

These would do a lot more good then mailings going to homes of Republicans. In order for Paul to win TX he needs to count on young people, Independents, and Democrats to win.

tbone717
05-10-2012, 09:00 AM

From a marketing standpoint they are brutal. They provide way too much information in a small brochure. When this issue was more often debated, those of us that have extensive marketing experience pretty much all agreed that they were poorly done.

And on top of that, the effectiveness of the brochure was never studied. By that I mean, how many were mailed, how many people recall receiving it, how many people that recall receiving it read it, and of those how was their opinion of Paul changed by the brochure. For all we know 99% of them could wind up in the trash, and at a cost of $0.55 each, it would really be a colossal waste of money if it cost $55.00 to reach one voter.

Lucille
05-10-2012, 09:09 AM
"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."
-Melvin Udall

(Why is this spamming allowed here? Especially since the things hurt the campaign.)

po14015
05-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Over 20,000 Ron Paul Super Brochures mailed in 12 hours!

A handful of trolls with lies and misinformation on this forum have had little effect on the Super Brochure Mailings.

WHY?

Because the people receiving the Super Brochures are now the ones doing the mailings!!! The success of the Super Brochure is proven by its continued success and is completely apparent to anyone who has given one out. There are now more stories from more States where Super Brochures have been used than ever before.

And this what people on this very forum's reaction was when they got one in the mail:
PURE EXCITEMENT!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?332657-I-RECEIVED-A-SUPER-BROCHURE-IN-NY-TODAY!-WHO-S-CURT-FROM-FL

Now let's WIN Texas!!!

In Liberty,

Curt

ProBlue33
05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I look at the super brochure and I think, it's not the very best, but it's better than nothing...and if boots on the ground say it's working in Texas, than why would some Ron Paul supporters be so adamantly against them?
I would think they have some sort of emotional biased grudge to say, so what if they are working, don't use them.
I am not a member at the daily Paul, I go there about 10% of the time I come to RPF, but I just don't understand the divide on this issue between the two forums, it really puzzles me.:confused:

Lucille
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
A handful of trolls with lies and misinformation on this forum have had little effect on the Super Brochure Mailings.

Is that what the RP campaign is? A troll spreading lies and misinformation? I hope the money you parasitic spammers made, and continue to make, off these unprofessional, POS brochures you think are so f'n great was worth alienating so many voters.

If I could, I'd buy them all and burn them.

floridasun1983
05-10-2012, 10:29 AM
A handful of trolls with lies and misinformation on this forum have had little effect on the Super Brochure Mailings. Takes one to know one?

floridasun1983
05-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I think the "Super"Brochure may be fine when you are personally talking to somebody about Ron Paul, and you reference the brochure while you are talking to them, and after you're done, give it to them. That seems to be a common thread in these so called "success" stories of the SuperBrochure.

I still don't see any massive praise for the Super Brochure when its just cold mailed to 500,000 households.

JohnDLG
05-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Sorry, I didn't know these would cause so much angst here.

po14015
05-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't know these would cause so much angst here.

They don't. It is just a handful of people who feel that they know better than you and like to say it.

Talk to anyone who has used Super Brochures, and it quickly becomes clear that these people have an agenda.

In Liberty,

Curt

sailingaway
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
The new ones are much improved and at this stage of the race I for one am for getting them into the hands of Texans, Californians, South Dakotans.......... If only to show them Ron is really still in the race. Also, it counters some of the fake memes about Ron, even if it does have 'too much information' if we had all the money in the world and were still able to preference poll all voters and direct single issue direct mail, which at this point the campaign doesn't have the money for.

Curt, you should include a link to the new version for people to read.

happyphilter
05-10-2012, 06:51 PM
The brochures are not improved. A quick look at them still reveals basic design flaws, poor information, and even spelling errors.

sailingaway
05-10-2012, 06:57 PM
The brochures are not improved. A quick look at them still reveals basic design flaws, poor information, and even spelling errors.

so what?

My quick look didn't reveal that , and did reveal that several of the top points raised were responded to.

If you have a better product, trot it out.

po14015
05-10-2012, 07:02 PM

Thousands of customers would disagree. In 24 hours over 40,000 Super Brochures for Texas have been sent.

To have the Super Brochure on the front page of the New York Times and featured on a two and half minute video on MSNBC, I think the design is just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L2Koo35fUk8

In Liberty,

Curt

Bastiat's The Law
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Thousands of customers would disagree. In 24 hours over 40,000 Super Brochures for Texas have been sent.

To have the Super Brochure on the front page of the New York Times and featured on a two and half minute video on MSNBC, I think the design is just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L2Koo35fUk8

In Liberty,

Curt
Ed almost seems scared in that segment lol :D

KMX
05-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Bump for some donations.

Texas is big!

cstarace
05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
There were a lot of problems with them earlier. Most have been fixed. Some remain, and they're the most severe. 1) The money can be MUCH BETTER SPENT by the campaign who uses TARGETED MAILING and can ship higher quantities of mail for MUCH CHEAPER. Donate to the campaign. 2) They're made by a for-profit organization. It costs RP supporters too much money, not all of their money goes directly to funding the campaign. 3) There's evidence that they do good, but plenty of evidence to the contrary, as well.

Seem like a worthwhile investment to you?

Bastiat's The Law
05-11-2012, 07:53 PM
They're made by a for-profit organization.
This point has been brought up several times in this thread. Are we against private business that make a profit while engaging in the free market now? I expect to hear that sort of thing at Obama rallies, not on Paul sites.

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Ok, so the campaign is in none of the states with ads and is concentrating on conventions. So what about these now?

SpiritOf1776_J4
05-15-2012, 10:28 PM
The new ones are much improved and at this stage of the race I for one am for getting them into the hands of Texans, Californians, South Dakotans.......... If only to show them Ron is really still in the race. Also, it counters some of the fake memes about Ron, even if it does have 'too much information' if we had all the money in the world and were still able to preference poll all voters and direct single issue direct mail, which at this point the campaign doesn't have the money for.

Curt, you should include a link to the new version for people to read.

Unless somone has a convincing proof, I'm going to pull the gun and send some out.