PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead asked for 20-30 SEO Volunteers!!

Tyler_Durden
05-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Here is the contact information for the Social Media person who Doug Wead works with.

Corinne Burkhert
Email: cburkhert@yahoo.com
Social Media Strategies, SEO & Consulting/Wordpress Trainer
Business - 541.825.3993
MediaPresentations4u
Skype - Corinne Burkhert - Mediapresentations4u
Web - Cori Burkhert
Facebook - MediaPresentations4u
Twitter - coriburkhert
LinkedIn - Corinne Burkhert

InTradePro
05-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Why only 20-30 people?

InTradePro
05-09-2012, 08:03 PM
We should setup our own grassroots SEO team. The more the merrier.

Tyler_Durden
05-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Why only 20-30 people?

I don't know, but I have been on Doug and Cori for months on this issue. My gf is an SEO/SEM guru....

Drex
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Honestly I no nothing about SEO but I think grassroots should start their own... I dont' wanna bag on Wead ( no pun intended ) but I think grassroots could do a better job

brandon
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
SEO volunteers for what? What was his announcement?

jbuttell
05-09-2012, 08:24 PM
What's a SEO?

zHorns
05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
What's a SEO?

Search engine optimization.

WilliamC
05-09-2012, 08:27 PM
How many people can get this set up by tomorrow?

Personally I don't have the money to buy the technology to do this, but come on now, someone show me some results already.

It's been nearly an hour already!

jbuttell
05-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks zHorns... weird request. I think people know who Ron is, I wonder how they think this will help?

TER
05-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks zHorns... weird request. I think people know who Ron is, I wonder how they think this will help?

Time to attack the MSM?

KCIndy
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Shouldn't this have been done about a year ago???

flynn
05-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Sounds nice.

zHorns
05-09-2012, 09:02 PM

Yes.

This will do little without it being a massive PPC effort.

The thing is the campaign doesn't have the staff or knowledge to plot keyword ventures with the intent to target new voters/donators. I'm not even sure the intent of doing this at this point in the race. It's not likely they could create a video or article that would somehow be the end all be all to turning people. If anything, they should just make better use of social media.

Imagine, if Ron Paul, himself, hosted a Google Hangout on the day of the Moneybomb. The money could be huge.

IMO, the Moneybomb is priority.

phyregold
05-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Why only 20-30 people?

Don't ask an intelligent question I've been attacked for questioning the god wead

phyregold
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
thank you!!!!

And I'm getting attacked for bringing up those minor details

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375759-UPDATED-Doug-Wead-LIVE-9-PM-EST&p=4412112&viewfull=1#post4412112

seawolf
05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Watched the US Stream Video of this BIG EVENT!!!! Ha!! hate to say it, but tonight's show reminded a lot of the 2008 Campaign's Performance. Very underwhelming!!

We all have our off days, but this facebook broadcast was just strange!! A senior advisor could not answer why the Campaign Staff had suddenly cancelled Several Campaign Events and did know why the Events Page was completely blank on the Campaign Website. And then to top it off, he asks RP Delegates to self identify themselves to him on a g-mail account!!! (that can be easily hacked)

I guess a SEO Task force is fine to form, but with 5 weeks left in the Primary Season I thought some other big announcement might be forthcoming. NOT!!

Enough ranting for one thread. Let this one thread go quietly into the night!!!

AnCapAnon
05-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Sounded to me like he needs bloggers to counter the media's spin out there... He wants to see a loud voice saying the opposite thing that the MSM has been shouting about us "Hijacking" conventions.

ninepointfive
05-09-2012, 09:24 PM
airfreddy wanted to do this ages ago. wonder what he's up to now?

happyphilter
05-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Maybe they got something on Mitt and wanna get it to the front page of google.

Cleaner44
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Regardless of Wead and the campaign, I think we should move ahead with oragnizing SEO effort as a team. We have skilled people here already and others willing to learn. Let's assemble our forces and use them for the good of Dr. Paul and others like Thomas Massie. I have some knowledge of SEO and am looking to learn more all of the time. I have knowledge of Wordpress and I like the idea of us working together on this topic. It is just one more way for us to win over the establishment.

We have good people running for office at the state and federal levels. We have seen more and more good people like Ben Swann and Angel Clark in the media. Let's keep growing these things and working together.

I move that we create an SEO subforum... do I have a second?

zHorns
05-09-2012, 09:32 PM

He's still working on stuff like this.

Our group is meeting up tomorrow for a GoToMeeting.

Moneybomb planning and stuff.

rich34
05-09-2012, 09:36 PM

Maybe the delegate count is closer than being reported and they know they're going to need some means to counter the msm's attempt at making Ron's delegate strategy sound like it's cheating or illegal. If the msm can achieve such a thing then it will be easier for the party to throw out some of Ron's delegates, but if we can educate people on the process then they'll understand that's how our republic is meant to operate. That's my best guess.

However I still don't like him asking for delegate info. That don't sound right.

kill the banks
05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Regardless of Wead and the campaign, I think we should move ahead with oragnizing SEO effort as a team. We have skilled people here already and others willing to learn. Let's assemble our forces and use them for the good of Dr. Paul and others like Thomas Massie. I have some knowledge of SEO and am looking to learn more all of the time. I have knowledge of Wordpress and I like the idea of us working together on this topic. It is just one more way for us to win over the establishment.

We have good people running for office at the state and federal levels. We have seen more and more good people like Ben Swann and Angel Clark in the media. Let's keep growing these things and working together.

that sounds like an excellent idea ... I second it

kuckfeynes
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Hope the project manager knows what she's doing... There's a fine line between good SEO and spam.
It's the best guys' jobs to know exactly where that line is.
Keep it conservative, don't pull a Gingrich getting caught with a million fake twitter followers or anything.

parocks
05-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Honestly I no nothing about SEO but I think grassroots should start their own... I dont' wanna bag on Wead ( no pun intended ) but I think grassroots could do a better job

So, you're suggesting that the grassroots NOW, should set up a SEO thing, right when the campaign is doing it. Perhaps we could've started doing this a year ago maybe? You weren't here, when there were NO SEO teams, suggesting we have one. No, you think we should have one, now that the official campaign has one. Great. What campaign is doing is what WE should've been doing. But, we didn't. There's lots of stuff we should've been doing. But no, what we like to do, is to do exactly what the campaign does. No, we should be doing what the campaign doesn't do. Or, help the campaign.

parocks
05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
What the grassroots, or the official campaign should be doing is advancing these conventions with technical equipment. The campaign, or the grassroots, puts a person in a van with a great printer. That person drives the van from convention to convention. That way, you don't have to rely on a Staples which could be far away. We apparently used a Staples for our printing. Someone had drive from the convention, to the Staples, to get our stickers printed. We ran out of stickers, so we had to get to staples to get more made. We might have gone (theoretically) with the stickers again on the revote, if we had them in hand at that moment. But we went with new ballot with names on it, and checking off. Most of our names were gone, on the stickers, and we had to go and handwrite the names, transferring the list from person to person to copy. We had 2 hours to do this, so it wasn't a problem.

If we had a great 62ppm laser printer on site, in the van in the parking lot, we could've had more options. We won, 21 of 21, and every single statewide or district wide vote, but there still should've been a great printer in the Ron Paul Van (or Party Bus). We should have one of them. Romney brings lawyers from out of state, we bring printers. And any type of anything that could be useful. Video. Internet. An office on wheels, as fully equipped as any office.

parocks
05-09-2012, 11:34 PM

NO.

Now is not the time. A year ago, when we were competing with the campaign on lit, is when we should've done this. No that the campaign is doing this, we certainly shouldn't.

alucard13mmfmj
05-09-2012, 11:49 PM
im willing to learn SEO to help out ^^.. seems like a useful skill in the future to have.

zHorns
05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Instead of creating an SEO team.

Let's promote the Moneybomb for Ron!

newbitech
05-10-2012, 12:36 AM
no one has posted anything constructive regarding what is actually being requested. Here, let me contribute my expertise.

http://www.toprankblog.com/2008/07/search-engine-optimization-team/

Here’s a quick check list of what functions and expertise a SEO team brings to a project:

SEO/Online Marketing Strategy
Client SEO Education and Training
Provide Tools for Client to “Sell” SEO Internally and Report Successes
Defining Campaign Goals
Competitive Analysis
Assessing Previous Tactics (Non Search Engine Compliant and Potential Spam)
Keyword Research
Inventory Digital Assets
Web Site Content Optimization
Coordination with Interdepartmental and Cross Functional Teams Client Side
Digital Asset Optimization
Code Optimization
Site Architecture and Server Side Issues
Oversight of Client SEO Implementation: Editorial and Code
Link Building
Content Marketing/Promotion Plan
Content Creation/Mashups/User Generated Content
Content Syndication
Web Analytics
Ongoing Performance Monitoring (Rankings, Traffic, Conversions)
Revising Optimization and Content Promotion Efforts and Consulting

Now, my thoughts on this are as follows. SEO is a very nuanced technique. There are many ways to achieve the goal of making information stand out. SEO is limited in scope to search engines as the name implies.

I cannot imagine what 20-30 SEOs will do besides maybe cross post and cross comment and link build. For this, you don't really need SEO imo, you just need people that have good standing accounts and PR 3 websites. Otherwise, you can't simply duplicate content across the web. You need to have a theme and have people write original pieces on that theme. So in that sense, you don't need SEO's you need content and article providers.

This is no small effort if it's 25 people being called up. I cannot imagine this will be of impact to the republican nomination. That is what 4 months off? Hardly time to be effective. I would think this is more an effort to ramp up against Obama's swath and army of online propagandist. I also wouldn't be surprised if this effort was focused with the intent on being on the ballot in Nov. Regardless of the letter after the name. Hint.

speciallyblend
05-10-2012, 12:57 AM
I don't know, but I have been on Doug and Cori for months on this issue. My gf is an SEO/SEM guru....

same here my wife is seo. She is working to pay the bills. Wish i knew the stuff.

idiom
05-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Maybe they have a plot.... and they want to pre-seed for a new strategy?

speciallyblend
05-10-2012, 01:04 AM
no one has posted anything constructive regarding what is actually being requested. Here, let me contribute my expertise.

http://www.toprankblog.com/2008/07/search-engine-optimization-team/

Now, my thoughts on this are as follows. SEO is a very nuanced technique. There are many ways to achieve the goal of making information stand out. SEO is limited in scope to search engines as the name implies.

I cannot imagine what 20-30 SEOs will do besides maybe cross post and cross comment and link build. For this, you don't really need SEO imo, you just need people that have good standing accounts and PR 3 websites. Otherwise, you can't simply duplicate content across the web. You need to have a theme and have people write original pieces on that theme. So in that sense, you don't need SEO's you need content and article providers.

This is no small effort if it's 25 people being called up. I cannot imagine this will be of impact to the republican nomination. That is what 4 months off? Hardly time to be effective. I would think this is more an effort to ramp up against Obama's swath and army of online propagandist. I also wouldn't be surprised if this effort was focused with the intent on being on the ballot in Nov. Regardless of the letter after the name. Hint.

yeah, just from somethings i know my wife has said. it does take 2-4 months for this kinda of stuff to work. There are some immediate advantages but most are long term and setting up the inside workings. most seo's also write and create themes etc etc. seo is just a small part of it. My wife would gladly send a resume but she cannot work for free!

newbitech
05-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Maybe they have a plot.... and they want to pre-seed for a new strategy?

looking at effective SEO campaigns and the scope of the project 20-30 people, I'd say this is more of a long range goal whatever it is rather than a quick hitter. 6 months minimum for whatever they are planning to pay off. Unless it's social media stuff, that can return results quicker. But really, to be and SEO you need something to optimize.

So any speculation I think ought to focus on what resource they are looking to promote. Quick hitter campaign would need a well establish website. A brand new website, or even one that is being staged to launch soon, having already been developed, over a year to gain traction and benefit from foundation SEO.

It is puzzling. I'd like to see what comes of it. Finding 20 volunteers shouldn't be difficult. SEO should have his/her finger already on the pulse of the grassroots to know where to dangle the carrot.

Barrex
05-10-2012, 01:30 AM
These were my thoughts when I joined ;):

Imagine, if Ron Paul, himself, hosted a Google Hangout on the day of the Moneybomb. The money could be huge.

We are working on it. Wisit his twitter account... and this :

We were already trying to start SEO project (part by part):
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?374317-Gathering-Legion

but people are simply not interested.

Aratus
05-10-2012, 06:21 AM
this sounds like it would find its stride in september and october. the chat yesterday bubbled over with curiousity and went into zoo mode.
what does this SEO call have to do with Tampa, the Fesitval and the steak dinner Doug Wead asked for? dare we ask rolling bandwagon Qs?

KingNothing
05-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Why only 20-30 people?

They might be starting small, testing things out, seeing how it goes, and then opening it up to a larger collection of folks.

Aratus
05-10-2012, 06:40 AM
the above presumes a ron paul 3rd party run and/or rand as the gop veep nominee this fall.

KingNothing
05-10-2012, 06:53 AM
I think that we've dominated the web thanks to our numbers and the fact that Paul supporters skew younger. If the campaign begins to make a concerted effort to learn more about the internet internally (and I think Wead's shift -finally- to video chats indicates that they're willing to move in that direction) and to own it that only means GREAT things for the Liberty Movement.

This represents a wonderful opportunity for Joe Averages like us to take part in Internet Politicking. We have a chance to learn valuable skills on the job, as we volunteer for the best presidential candidate in American history. That's heavy stuff. Even if it doesn't yield results for Ron Paul, it will provide priceless lessons learned that we can take advantage of in future Liberty campaigns.

This is big stuff, and the people who scoff at it are being short sighted.

rpwi
05-10-2012, 07:09 AM
SEO is kind of dying right now. Google penguin is turning everything upside down. Maybe Wead is asking for something else...more like video reviews.

For SEO, a good idea is to link from as many blogs, tweets, forums, websites in general...but NOT in an unnatural way. Keyword anchor text has to be diverse and the the contextual text has to look super natural. The referring site should be of good quality and on topic. And the linking can't come all at once...

Announcements for example on this website to share key videos and news tidbits might be a good idea.

I'm sure Ron Paul has supporters inside of google and they might be able to help.

revned
05-10-2012, 07:19 AM
What's required to be a volunteer? I have endless time. No job, no school, and I am glued to the internet, but don't necessarily know much about it.

Anyone care to explain what SEO stands for?

Liberty74
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
I don't get why the concentration on SEO? We need old voters and frankly 30% of them don't have the Internet. I know a little about marketing as I worked the Internet side of two dealerships.

Attacking Romney and going nuclear on the entire system getting media coverage on TV is how you change this race around. Unless the change in gears rumored about is the campaign gearing up for an Indy run in the general. But this late in the game to concentrate on SEO all of a sudden won't have an impact.

Liberty74
05-10-2012, 07:23 AM
What's required to be a volunteer? I have endless time. No job, no school, and I am glued to the internet, but don't necessarily know much about it.

Anyone care to explain what SEO stands for?

It's the idea of using codes and words within a website to get yourself to the top of a search engine when a person searches a particular term or phrase.

digitaldean
05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
If they plan to win TX then they should try paid ads on Facebook for people who live in TX. Something like anyone can vote no matter of party on that date. But that is not SEO since thats PPC.

Todd
05-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Hopefully this is not too late. Hopefully this will be kept in a Lessons learned file for any future ventures by Liberty candidates.

libertyjam
05-10-2012, 08:13 AM

https://twitter.com/#!/Paul4Pres

libertyjam
05-10-2012, 08:18 AM
What the grassroots, or the official campaign should be doing is advancing these conventions with technical equipment. The campaign, or the grassroots, puts a person in a van with a great printer. That person drives the van from convention to convention. That way, you don't have to rely on a Staples which could be far away. We apparently used a Staples for our printing. Someone had drive from the convention, to the Staples, to get our stickers printed. We ran out of stickers, so we had to get to staples to get more made. We might have gone (theoretically) with the stickers again on the revote, if we had them in hand at that moment. But we went with new ballot with names on it, and checking off. Most of our names were gone, on the stickers, and we had to go and handwrite the names, transferring the list from person to person to copy. We had 2 hours to do this, so it wasn't a problem.

If we had a great 62ppm laser printer on site, in the van in the parking lot, we could've had more options. We won, 21 of 21, and every single statewide or district wide vote, but there still should've been a great printer in the Ron Paul Van (or Party Bus). We should have one of them. Romney brings lawyers from out of state, we bring printers. And any type of anything that could be useful. Video. Internet. An office on wheels, as fully equipped as any office.

Usually they set up a hotel room w/ printer and commercial copy machine @ the conventions, they did last time.