PDA

View Full Version : RT.com Claims Paul has Won 11 States

Gravik
05-09-2012, 06:41 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/531411_448835428475344_387458607946360_1689770_995 700597_n.jpg

TheGrinch
05-09-2012, 06:47 PM
If you're talking square foot, then we gotta be winning!

sailingaway
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I guess if you put all kinds of wins together.... I mean Alaska has bound delegates and Ron only has his bound number, but we got the chair, an elector etc.....Nevada is the same... but after the first ballot ... but I think of outright wins as where Ron will have the plurality on the first vote. And I'm not really comfortable jumping ahead of the state convention process. Each one is going to be its own uniquely brutal fight.

Revolution9
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM
My frikkin' state is green for grinch. I apologize for the rest of Georgia.

Rev9

rb3b3
05-09-2012, 06:55 PM
i dont understand this? this map has ron paul winning nevada but most of those delegates are bound to romney? so if that state is off how many other states are off?

Isaac Bickerstaff
05-09-2012, 06:56 PM
How did Rmoney win Wyoming and Idaho?

. . . ??!!!!

sailingaway
05-09-2012, 07:02 PM
How did Rmoney win Wyoming and Idaho?

. . . ??!!!!

At least in Idaho (and ND I think) they changed the voting rules so they kicked out the lowest vote getter so you kept getting second, third, choice etc. Ron won the first vote but eventually more people 'settled on' Romney. They changed southern states they expected to go evangelical by making them be proportionate. they just imposed whatever system would fit their candidate best wherever they were.

But while that map shows geographical areas where we had some sort of 'victory' those states aren't all 'Ron's'. He doesn't have a majority of Mass delegates, even were they not bound to Romney. It was just a win to get an overwhelming amount of those chosen by the CDs and have our folks voted in in place of, for example, the woman who was Lt Governor under Romney.

MRoCkEd
05-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Just an irresponsible "news" network passing along fake information without fact-checking. Something we should all oppose.

Crystallas
05-09-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd love to win Arkansas, just to see a Ron Paul sweep of the west Mississippi bordering states!

Crystallas
05-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Just an irresponsible "news" network passing along fake information without fact-checking. Something we should all oppose.

You can't be a news network on cable TV without being irresponsible. Thems' the rules.

Okie RP fan
05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Iowa is not confirmed, they have not had their conventions.

Nevada was taken by Romney, we all know this.

Oklahoma is apportioned to Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich. Sure, we can possibly get Paul firendlies in there, BUT, this is assuming we get passed the first round, which, is still a long shot at this point.

And I never saw anything about Washington...

sailingaway
05-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Nevada is majority (heck, nearly ALL) Paul supporters as delegates, but most are bound to vote for Romney on the first round. But free to vote on everything else from VP to motions and most seem to think could even be part of Ron's plurality for nomination, although I don't think he will need to rely on that.

Okie RP fan
05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Nevada is majority (heck, nearly ALL) Paul supporters as delegates, but most are bound to vote for Romney on the first round. But free to vote on everything else from VP to motions and most seem to think could even be part of Ron's plurality for nomination, although I don't think he will need to rely on that.

Again, assuming we even make it passed the first round... So, technically, I see states such as Nevada as a win for Romney.

CaseyCBenn
05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Though I've lived in Los Angeles since 1995 I am originally from Wyoming. When I was up there visiting family they were all for Mitt Romney. They didn't have real reasoning in a debate as to why they are picking Romney except that "Everyone says he has the best chance to beat Obama"... Nothing about real issues. I asked "Why not Ron Paul... a real conservative, constitutionalist and for really shrinking the govt.

All the replies were the same. Not one single different response....Always went like this.... "I really really like Ron Paul but his foreign policy is dangerous".

I think Fox News and Talk Radio are very efficient at making people feel the way Bill O'Reilly puts it,... " Lookin out for the folks".

This is how Romney gets Wyoming... and I am sure, many other states... by brainwashing people on TV and Radio.

sailingaway
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Again, assuming we even make it passed the first round... So, technically, I see states such as Nevada as a win for Romney.

I agree that that map seems to be first round voting, but if you are talking about which states will Ron control for votes on the floor for a VARIETY of things, I only know Mass to be wrong, but some of the others are premature and might end up being wrong, after state conventions. Oklahoma, I have no clue, and I defer to someone who lives there, but that map doesn't even have all the ones that might become Ron's.

tbone717
05-09-2012, 08:01 PM

To the best of my knowledge, the plurality comes from first round votes, so in that case NV would not be able to help.

keh10
05-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I'd love to win Arkansas, just to see a Ron Paul sweep of the west Mississippi bordering states!

Yeah, it would be awesome to finish the chef. We're doing what we can, but don't hold your breath.

sailingaway
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the plurality comes from first round votes, so in that case NV would not be able to help.

Some sort of expert said that when you read the rules the binding only applied to the ballot roll call so for everything else he thought it didn't. I don't know if he is right or wrong, but hey, media quoted him.