PDA

View Full Version : Simple, Simple Ways to Connect with the Republican Base – PLEASE READ!

ronpaulfan
11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
This is a continuation of these previous threads (1 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33021)) (2 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34468))

Ron Paul has massive support amongst Independents, Democrats, Libertarians and disenfranchised Republicans. However, Dr. Paul absolutely can not win the Republican Nomination without strong support from the Republican base. If you think Dr. Paul can win the Republican Nomination just by converting Democrats and Independents, you are crazy.

For months, the media has been subtlety tricking the Republican base into thinking Ron Paul is not a “real” Republican (by introducing him as a Libertarian, highlighting his support from Democrats/Independents and emphasizing that he will not support the Republican nominee). We must counter this thinking at all costs! Reaching out to the Republican base is possibly the most important thing we can do right now!

Here are a few very simple ways we can reach out to the Republican base:

Identify yourself as a "Ron Paul Republican (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33021)"
Emphasize Ron Paul's 10 terms in congress as a Republican
Emphasize the single-day Republican fundraising record (Nov 5th)
Put a GOP bumper sticker next to your Ron Paul bumper sticker
Wear a GOP button when doing door-to-door canvassing
Attend every local GOP meeting you can!

Also, while we’re trying to get new people to become GOP delegates, at the same time, we should be reaching out to people that have been Republican delegates numerous times in the past. Even if they don’t support Dr. Paul outright, we need to influence them so they’ll be more favorable to him in the caucuses!

Lastly, for the Non-Republicans supporting Dr. Paul, ask yourself, if he was elected President, wouldn’t you be more likely to become a Ron Paul Republican?

ronpaulfan
11-15-2007, 08:46 PM
IMO the GOP bumpersticker will have tremendous impact. What do you think?

me3
11-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I concur Governor. :D

ronpaulfan
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I concur Governor. :D

:rolleyes:

Cardinal Red
11-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Ron Paul needs to win over mainstream GOP hearts and minds-- if we follow this advice he will be well on his way to doing that.

ronpaulfan
11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Ron Paul needs to win over mainstream GOP hearts and minds-- if we follow this advice he will be well on his way to doing that.

bumpage :)

Richandler
11-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Sounds good.

Ncturnal
11-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Making enemies certainly isn't the way. It is understandable why they see him as a threat. We need to help them realize the positive impact it could have. I used to be happy to consider myself a Republican and they need to realize how many others feel the same way.

ronpaulfan
11-16-2007, 08:15 AM
another bump :)

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 08:24 AM
If you are in a state with a closed primary, then this advice (in the OP) is a #1 top priority.

````````

If you are in a state with open primaries (and living in a liberal college town), then, please do not put GOP on your bumper, or wear a GOP button.
Many people HATE the GOP!

Once they are interested, then it is important they know he is a Republican.

me3
11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh, c'mon now. I really like you.

And BUMP!

foofighter20x
11-16-2007, 09:16 AM

Oh, c'mon now. I really like you.

And BUMP!

You two, play nice. :p

DealzOnWheelz