PDA

View Full Version : ‘Youth for Ron Paul’ members exceeds 110,000 lifelong small-government activists

AngelClark
05-09-2012, 12:56 PM
The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign announced today that its ‘Youth for Ron Paul’ (YFP) program membership has surpassed the 110,000 mark.

Since the program launched in September 2011, and as of yesterday, the number of YFP members was 110,880. Members have established 627 sanctioned chapters in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.

Young supporters including college-age activists and new workforce entrants established these chapters nationwide to remain politically involved expressly to challenge the status quo, bring about lasting prosperity, and work toward the full, permanent restoration of their economic and civil liberties. Ron Paul, the champion of these aims, often declares that the free-market and constitutional ideas he espouses are young ones, and that an idea whose time has come stands no chance of being stopped. The intellectual revolution youth are bringing about, then, is a manifestation of all that Dr. Paul hopes to achieve through his lifelong advocacy and pursuit of our nation’s highest office.

“Young Americans are often viewed as a solid constituency for the left and establishment Washington, who make promise after promise about a federal government that will ‘take care of them’ from cradle to the grave. Now it’s clear that more than 110,000 young Americans reject this empty rhetoric and have committed themselves to the principles of constitutionally-limited government and the restoration of their economic and civil liberties as real solutions to our nation’s challenges,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Manager John Tate.

http://exm.nr/LQ58kS

In other words, government will change because Ron Paul has changed the hearts and the minds of the future

idiom
05-09-2012, 02:11 PM
How many members does the LP have? The CP?

truthspeaker
05-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I never understood this. Why are the chapters called "youth for Ron Paul" instead of being straight out Campaign for Liberty? Are they High Schoolers? Most of the College campuses I know have C4L.

Austin
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I never understood this. Why are the chapters called "youth for Ron Paul" instead of being straight out Campaign for Liberty? Are they High Schoolers? Most of the College campuses I know have C4L.

The name Ron Paul has an extra draw to it over the generic C4L or YAL. Students for Ron Paul, which was the 2008 youth wing, had 500 chapters with 26,000 members at the end of the campaign. Just as they did in 2008, the 2012 campaign will convert many of the YFP chapters to YAL chapters.

YAL is already hugely successful on college campuses, with over 300 chapters and 26,000 members, of which around 4,000 are dues paying members.

Check out their annual report here: https://www.yaliberty.org/sites/default/files/2011_Annual_Report.pdf

alucard13mmfmj
05-09-2012, 02:51 PM
ucsd youth for ron paul here =p

Jingles
05-09-2012, 03:17 PM
The Youth for Ron Paul chapter here on my campus is "Unoffical" with the school (for when we started it was too late to officially register the group with the school). We just use it for campaign purposes. The membership is basically just our libertarian club. It's more of a title for campaign purposes, but we coordinate all activities and etc... via our club.