PDA

View Full Version : TSA Finds Gun-Stuffed Mickey Mouse in Four Year-Old’s Luggage

aGameOfThrones
05-09-2012, 08:18 AM
The TSA does so many ham-fisted pat-downs of seemingly undeserving innocents—the old lady, the baby, the seven year-old with cerebral palsy—that it's easy enough to think of its agents as big ol' bullies. Then they find gun parts hidden inside a four year-old's stuffed animals, and you realize they're big ol bullies who have a pretty good point.

The frame of a .40 caliber gun frame. A loaded magazine. A firing pin. Those are among the weapons parts that were discovered inside the carry-on baggage of a very young child at Rhode Island's T.F. Green Airport. Or more precisely, inside the bear, rabbit, and Mickey Mouse stuffed animals the kid had brought to entertain himself during the two-hour flight to Detroit. They were, not surprisingly, discovered by the X-Ray machine.

The father reportedly denies any knowledge of how gun parts came to be stashed in his kid's toys, and it doesn't seem that anyone's asked the kid (although given the kickback on a .40 caliber it's safe to assume a four year-old would probably be packing something a little lighter). And while Rhode Island Airport Police Chief Leo Messier reports that the endeavor was part of a "domestic dispute"—one that was presumably not improved by the discovery and confiscation of the aggrieved party's weaponry—father and son were allowed to continue onto their flight.

http://gizmodo.com/5908824/gun+stuffed-mickey-mouse-maybe-the-tsa-should-search-4+year-olds-after-all

tod evans
05-09-2012, 08:22 AM
And while Rhode Island Airport Police Chief Leo Messier reports that the endeavor was part of a "domestic dispute"

Here's the issue....

Pissed of "spouse" using the government to extract revenge.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-09-2012, 08:26 AM
(although given the kickback on a .40 caliber it's safe to assume a four year-old would probably be packing something a little lighter).

Depends on the weight of the frame, not just the "kickback" of a caliber.

So, they did actually catch a 4 year old with a gun, and then let everyone on the plane? This does not sound like the TSA I routinely hear about.

The Goat
05-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I think they only wig out over stupid stuff. now if they find a gun, they know how to handle the situation in a professional and timely manner.

Tyler_Durden
05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm surprised they found it. My pocketknife has "accidentally" been in my carry-on several times and made it through. Oops.

specsaregood
05-09-2012, 08:49 AM
So, they found the weapon without using the rapescan machine, and using the same technology and techniques that were being used by airport security a good 10 years prior to the TSA being formed? Is that correct?

The Goat
05-09-2012, 08:51 AM
exactly

So, they found the weapon without using the rapescan machine, and using the same technology and techniques that were being used by airport security a good 10 years prior to the TSA being formed? Is that correct?

Danke
05-09-2012, 09:43 AM
So Mickey Mouse got the full body cavity search.

kcchiefs6465
05-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Where's the slide? Not a gunsmith but all they found was a frame, firing pin, and loaded magazine? I call bullshit. Who the hell is going to smuggle a third of a gun? "(although given the kickback on a .40 caliber it's safe to assume a four year-old would probably be packing something a little lighter)" Not too familiar with gizmodo but are they fucking stupid? I know, I know... a "hilarious" joke. Then they say the father and son were allowed to board afterwards? Again, I call bullshit. The only plausible person to put that third of a gun in the stuffed animal would be the father. They would have detained him until kingdom come. Add this in with all of the other propaganda that's been being released this week. Not to mention the fact that the link is "maybe-the-tsa-should-search-4+year-olds-after-all." Uhhh, maybe not.

John F Kennedy III
05-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Lol. I wonder if the FBI helped them out in this one.

Danke
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Where's the slide? Not a gunsmith but all they found was a frame, firing pin, and loaded magazine? I call bullshit. Who the hell is going to smuggle a third of a gun? "(although given the kickback on a .40 caliber it's safe to assume a four year-old would probably be packing something a little lighter)" Not too familiar with gizmodo but are they fucking stupid? I know, I know... a "hilarious" joke. Then they say the father and son were allowed to board afterwards? Again, I call bullshit. The only plausible person to put that third of a gun in the stuffed animal would be the father. They would have detained him until kingdom come. Add this in with all of the other propaganda that's been being released this week. Not to mention the fact that the link is "maybe-the-tsa-should-search-4+year-olds-after-all." Uhhh, maybe not.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17m3f4b4tlpg1jpg/xlarge.jpg

kcchiefs6465
05-09-2012, 10:07 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17m3f4b4tlpg1jpg/xlarge.jpg
Lmao. How I completely missed that is beyond me. Thank you for pointing that out. I still doubt the story. They would have grounded that plan and detained the father and son. There is no way that they would just say, "Oh, you didn't know. On your way, sir." He would have been arrested no matter what. Something is off about this article.

ETA: There seems to be a rise of "good" TSA stories coming out. Clearly trying to regain public support. Add this to the "failed" bombing the other day, and I would be willing to bet some agency has their hands in this.

azxd
05-09-2012, 10:10 AM
WARWICK, R.I. -- Federal transportation officials at Rhode Island's T.F. Green Airport said gun parts and ammunition found hidden inside a child’s stuffed animals posed no threat to the public.Sources told News Center 5 that the incident was a set-up stemming from an ongoing child custody dispute.“It appears to be a result of a domestic dispute,” said T.F. Green Airport Chief of Police, Leo Messier. “It was jointly investigated by the FBI, Rhode Island State Police and Rhode Island Airport Police and it was determined there was no threat to safety at any time”

SNIP

Authorities said a .40-caliber gun was found inside one animal, while a magazine loaded with two .40-caliber rounds and a firing pin were found inside a second animal. Another part of a gun known as a slide was found inside the third animal.

SNIP

The parts could have been assembled to make a full firearm, authorities said.Sources told NewsCenter 5 that the gun parts were planted in the toys by the boy's mother after the child spent the night with the woman.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/31029627/detail.html

http://www.wgal.com/image/view/-/12901394/medRes/2/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/kpgma5z/-/Mickey-toy-jpg.jpg

A smart individual would not do such a thing, intentionally.

kcchiefs6465
05-09-2012, 10:15 AM
A smart individual would not do such a thing, intentionally.
I recant. Bravo to the TSA agents that didn't overreact.

Thor
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Pissed off "spouse" using the government to extract revenge.

Bingo...