PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul/His supporters is/are Nazis/White Supremacists/anarchists/Islamofascists"

Dan D.
11-15-2007, 08:06 PM
This attack has become more frequent in recent days. Glenn Beck, Horowitz, that other guy he had on his show, the American Enterprise Institute, and the Weekly Standard are all starting on this point, and fans of the other candidates are picking it up. Given certain endorsements he's gotten, expect these attacks to intensify in number and rage.

The best rebuttal to this is simply to look at the good doctor's record, listen to him speak, and observe the kind of consistency and credibility built up over 30 years that none of the other candidates could hope to match.

However, this may not always be enough.

A couple days ago however, the Giuliani campaign gave us the 2nd best rebuttal to all of this: their proud flaunting of Pat Robertson's endorsement. One can note that while Ron Paul does not endorse everyone who endorses him unless he agrees with them, it would seem that the Guiliani campaign is happy to have the endorsement of a man who has said, among other things, that all Jews should burn in hell, and that America deserved 9/11.

I reiterate that this should only be a secondary retort. But it is a valuable one.

Additionally, there is a 3rd rebuttal, that can be used at any time, though it is probably more effectively used first or second: that anarchy and Islamofascism are rather incompatible, and to tar Ron Paul or his supporters with both brushes makes the painter look like an idiot.

pauleocon
11-16-2007, 09:14 PM
This mess has brought the whole "racist newsletter" talking point back to surface as well. Anyone have a link to Paul's rebuttal?

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Here is the only (easy) way to win racial debates:

((Please, post this-or similar-every time you hear the endless racist slurs))

``````````````````````````

Ron Paul views people a individuals not groups.
Racism and religious bigotry are collective concepts.

Ron Paul supports individual concepts, not collective concepts.
By definition Ron Paul is not a racist.

Edit: Dan I also like your points too. :)

pauleocon
11-16-2007, 09:53 PM
This mess has brought the whole "racist newsletter" talking point back to surface as well. Anyone have a link to Paul's rebuttal?

Found one... in case anyone else needs it, here it is:

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=41822

Goldwater Conservative
11-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Depicting libertarianism as an authoritarian ideology that embraces collectivism and violence? I really don't think Orwell could have written it any better than this.

Lance C Roseman
11-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Geesh, as a Canadian and a Polish Jew, I wonder where I fit into the whole islamofascist thing? I guess I've been duped and should simply go home and wring my hands and yell at God! I'm white, I guess (more pink/brown dependent upon sun). A Nazi? I don't believe so. Anarchist...a slight tendency towards that yes, I admit, mostly due to bad government. But islamofascist? Nyet! Maybe I'm the exception to the rule????????