PDA

View Full Version : Youtube has become a dictator instead of a democracy.

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 04:49 AM
In the catagories section all videos are now picked by editors to be on the front page.

In the political section the editors feature picks are:
pro-John Edwards, a liberal global warming video, a "Ron Paul is full of S!!!" video, pro-barack obama video, a pro-Mike Gravel video, a pro-Joe Biden video.....

but we get stuck with Ron Paul is full of shit.....

This is what Youtube who is owned by Google thinks about Ron. They are clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, liberals.

The Youtube debate is gonna suck.

SeanEdwards
06-20-2007, 05:14 AM
I don't understand why that video is on the front page when it has such a bad rating from viewers. Do the ratings of viewers not mean anything?

graystar
06-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Surely an avaroth video deserves a guernsey ahead of that one.

orenbus
06-20-2007, 05:24 AM
they probably based it on views for the current day and since there wasnt any highly rated positive youtube videos they just threw up that one, or maybe not.

SeanEdwards
06-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Surely an avaroth video deserves a guernsey ahead of that one.

No kidding. The content of the guy's message was freakin stupid, and the production quality was trash. Some limey fool babbling into a camera about stuff he knows nothing about? And that's an editor's pick? Sure smells like the flunkies of Rupert Murdoch are giving marching orders to the "editors" of youtube.

mesler
06-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Google now owns YouTube, I wonder who the editor's boss is at Google?

CurtisLow
06-20-2007, 07:07 AM
No kidding. The content of the guy's message was freakin stupid, and the production quality was trash. Some limey fool babbling into a camera about stuff he knows nothing about? And that's an editor's pick? Sure smells like the flunkies of Rupert Murdoch are giving marching orders to the "editors" of youtube.

For sure! the corruption gos deep. It sucks. :mad:

mars
06-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Neither YouTube nor Google have any obligation to structure their companies as in a democratic fashion. Furthermore they have no obligation to promote videos in a fair and balanced manner.

Does that mean I think the video is not retarded? Of course not.:p

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 08:34 AM
I was wondering why that video had so many views. Most videos like that hardly get any views...

Avraoth's video is class-act and very powerful and intelligent. Obviously YouTube wouldn't want to promote that, or they might lose the 30-second fart-joke niche in American society.

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Neither YouTube nor Google have any obligation to structure their companies as in a democratic fashion. Furthermore they have no obligation to promote videos in a fair and balanced manner.

Does that mean I think the video is not retarded? Of course not.:p

I know. Still my point is they were a democracy before and now it is more of a dictatorship. It sucks and a lot of people are pissed off if you look at what youtubers are saying. It also shows where Google is at politically and gives us some foresight into how they might feel about Ron and what the upcoming debate will be like.

I think this is a very stupid move as far as business goes for them. They probably won't be hurt, but a Ron Paul supporter can dream....;)

Action Patriot
06-20-2007, 08:49 AM
They are clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, liberals.

They aren't liberals, they're New World Order.

AgentSmith
06-20-2007, 08:53 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RHPbtZlQ6MQ <-- LOL

jj111
06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
In the catagories section all videos are now picked by editors to be on the front page.

In the political section the editors feature picks are:
pro-John Edwards, a liberal global warming video, a "Ron Paul is full of S!!!" video, pro-barack obama video, a pro-Mike Gravel video, a pro-Joe Biden video.....

but we get stuck with Ron Paul is full of shit.....

This is what Youtube who is owned by Google thinks about Ron. They are clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, liberals.

The Youtube debate is gonna suck.

I have heard worse about Google than them being liberals. They work in China and other totalitarian governments to censor the web, and they have been censoring anti-establishment (or rather pro-freedom) videos on Google Video and You Tube - resetting counters, stalling counters, basically putting in a lot of "fixes" to defraud the public and hindering certain activists that they don't like from spreading their messages.

qednick
06-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Google owns YouTube. Al Gore is on the board of Google.

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
They aren't liberals, they're New World Order.

I stand corrected. ;)

BW4Paul
06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Google owns YouTube. Al Gore is on the board of Google.

My God.

Welcome to the Matrix.

UtahApocalypse
06-20-2007, 09:47 AM
What they are doing though is wrong. By letting users rate video's it implies that the top rated videos would be the ones picked. this making it appear that people are voting better for the crap they have put at front :(

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Youtube has recently gotten rid of the news and politics categories along with all the others. This is a HUGE PROBLEM.

Please post in this video to show your protest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq4n7SsFCgk

Also post on these links:

digg the video
http://digg.com/world_news/YouTube_is...

Also comment on their blog:

http://www.youtube.com/blog?entry=kte...

Also email the editors

editor@youtube.com
sublinx@youtube.com
Plus Click the Got feedback button.

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
This is going to make it almost impossible for a Ron Paul video to be seen. Without categories the videos are all lumped together with the copyrighted material, popular fan blogs and anime. We need to get these categories back!

In all honesty we should tackle this problem with as much passion as the Iowa situation because this could be just as damaging to the campaign. Those categories were VITAL to finding Ron Paul videos and new Paul supporters. Please, please, please do some action about this.

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 09:59 AM
If you type in Ron Paul, it still only pulls up Ron Paul vids, right?

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 10:04 AM
If you type in Ron Paul, it still only pulls up Ron Paul vids, right?

Right but that's not how people stumble upon them... they find new RP videos by browsing the categories. Most new people aren't looking for Ron Paul when they find out about him.

UtahApocalypse
06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow now the Internet is starting to be hijacked by asshole corporate controlling bastards. I am so about ready to take to the streets, burning cars, rioting and taking back our country by force.

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Wow now the Internet is starting to be hijacked by asshole corporate controlling bastards. I am so about ready to take to the streets, burning cars, rioting and taking back our country by force.

Exactly! This is REALLY BAD FOR THE CAMPAIGN. Protest in the links... if they're not working I made a seprate thread that should have the right ones.

pazzo83
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Perhaps we need a new site to counter Youtube, that doesn't employ such moderation or lack of user-choice.

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Perhaps we need a new site to counter Youtube, that doesn't employ such moderation or lack of user-choice.

I was thinking that too.

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 10:11 AM

Not possible. I'm currently starting one and it takes months and months of hard work, programming and money (I've been working on my project for over a year). This isn't something that can start overnight. Besides youtube is used for its popularity.