PDA

View Full Version : Tmot Video: Paul May Have More Delegates Than Romney

S.Shorland
05-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Thought I'd include it for motivation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cohY6EuQxVI

Sentinelrv
05-09-2012, 02:48 AM
What is this, another sign that something big is coming? He says that the campaign is switching gears. What does that mean though? Could it be another reference to what Doug Wead and John Stossel have been talking about?

wgadget
05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Well, it's May 9...

DamianTV
05-09-2012, 06:31 AM
All damn day!

TrishW
05-09-2012, 06:56 AM
All I heard was a concert event for Ron Paul was cancelled... campaign is shifting gears... rain

Then the man started to dream our dream. I have no idea how a canceled event, change in campaign, and rain could = good news.

But I am sure ready for some! :(

TrishW
05-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Gear shift?

Maybe... Leaving the party? Independent run at the white house?

Sure I have leaped ahead, but he did say "shift gears" What else could it mean? Ron Paul will not just quit. But maybe he is seeing that the Republican Party is going to run Romney... if they have to change or BREAK every rule!

Better a long shot than NO shot!

S.Shorland
05-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Be interesting to see what Doug says tonight.It's been all good news since Doug mentioned the 9th but how do you get the press onboard before Texas and California.

WilliamC
05-09-2012, 09:05 AM
I love this man and want to buy him dinner sometime.

He restores my faith in humanity.

Liberty74
05-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't get a third party run from the video since this guy was all about the delegate strategy. Paul does not have more delegates unless you count the bound Romney delegates who are Paul supporters that have been chosen so far by conventions.

Maybe the shift in gear is the strategy to finally go nuclear on Mitt and the whole system? Seriously, what's to lose at this point?

V3n
05-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Everyone needs to watch this. The Minister of Truth is not a liar. We need to stand and fight and don't be discouraged. Delegates, alternates, you need to watch this. Don't be discouraged!

As for the gear shift... at Ron Paul's official site - the event list/calendar is mysteriously blank... :eek:
...something is happening...

Liberty74
05-09-2012, 10:16 AM
It is weird that Paul's "events" section on the campaign site is completely blank.

Switching gears has to mean strategy the way I understand it.

Darguth
05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't get a third party run from the video since this guy was all about the delegate strategy. Paul does not have more delegates unless you count the bound Romney delegates who are Paul supporters that have been chosen so far by conventions.

Maybe the shift in gear is the strategy to finally go nuclear on Mitt and the whole system? Seriously, what's to lose at this point?

Yeah, if he's talking of having more delegates they must be bound/stealth delegates.

Johnnymac
05-09-2012, 01:11 PM
roflmfao every time The Minister of Truth is the man

FSP-Rebel
05-09-2012, 01:23 PM
roflmfao every time The Minister of Truth is the man
He certainly has a way with words.

pacu44
05-09-2012, 01:25 PM
He cut a deal with Santorum and Newt? I think Hannity is going to appear and start supporting RP along with Levin ;)

alucard13mmfmj
05-09-2012, 02:01 PM
He cut a deal with Santorum and Newt? I think Hannity is going to appear and start supporting RP along with Levin ;)

ambassador to the Vatican and the Moon. done.

Liberty74
05-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Santorum already endorsed Romney the other night.

PatriotOne
05-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Would someone with a facebook account check this facebook page to see if it says the event was cancelled?

Texas for Ron Paul Rally and Music Festival - Austin - May 19th

https://www.facebook.com/events/372331609465951/

carterm
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Would someone with a facebook account check this facebook page to see if it says the event was cancelled?

Texas for Ron Paul Rally and Music Festival - Austin - May 19th

https://www.facebook.com/events/372331609465951/

it says:

hello everyone - I just wanted to post an update about the Texas For Ron Paul event:
The event name has been changed to the Texas for Freedom Rally and Music Festival. Late last week we found out that Ron Paul is not available for the event so we have changed the name so other liberty minded candidates can be involved. The new web site is: www.VoteForTheTruth.com the old website redirects you to this one. We are working on some big things right now and will have a huge update this week. Venue location has changed since RP will not be there.

We have also suspended tickets as we are working things out to try and make this a free event.

Once we send out the notice with all the new info: 1) you will be excited 2) will need your help spreading the word asap.

Thank you,
Texas For Ron Paul Group.

wgadget
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Keith Luna
Hello everyone - I just wanted to post an update about the Texas For Ron Paul event:
The event name has been changed to the Texas for Freedom Rally and Music Festival. Late last week we found out that Ron Paul is not available for the event so we have changed the name so other liberty minded candidates can be involved. The new web site is: www.VoteForTheTruth.com the old website redirects yo...
See More

PatriotOne
05-09-2012, 03:13 PM
hello everyone - I just wanted to post an update about the Texas For Ron Paul event:
The event name has been changed to the Texas for Freedom Rally and Music Festival. Late last week we found out that Ron Paul is not available for the event so we have changed the name so other liberty minded candidates can be involved. The new web site is: www.VoteForTheTruth.com the old website redirects you to this one. We are working on some big things right now and will have a huge update this week. Venue location has changed since RP will not be there.

We have also suspended tickets as we are working things out to try and make this a free event.

Once we send out the notice with all the new info: 1) you will be excited 2) will need your help spreading the word asap.

Thank you,
Texas For Ron Paul Group.

Thanks. That sounds a lot different an explanation than what TMOT was talking about. Perhaps TMOT let his imagination get away from him.

PatriotOne
05-09-2012, 03:24 PM
So basically, the only thing that has changed is the name of the music festival and TMOT has been uninvited from what I can tell. Can't say I am surprised. I know there seems to be some fans of TMOT here but I am not one of them. I think he is a phoney baloney scam artist (or worse) personally for several reasons. Maybe the people running the festival has figured that out.

Website for the Festival...New name, same date......

http://www.voteforthetruth.com/index.html

wgadget
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
No, basically RON PAUL can no longer attend.

Late last week we found out that Ron Paul is not available for the event so we have changed the name so other liberty minded candidates can be involved.

PatriotOne
05-09-2012, 03:42 PM
No, basically RON PAUL can no longer attend.

He never was committed to attend. They had extended their invite but he declined for what ever reason. He didn't cancel.

wgadget
05-09-2012, 03:44 PM
From the announcement, it appears that the venue and plans were changed BECAUSE Ron Paul declined. Won't he be in MN speaking to the RNC at that time?

PatriotOne
05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
From the announcement, it appears that the venue and plans were changed BECAUSE Ron Paul declined. Won't he be in MN speaking to the RNC at that time?

But that is different from what some people are implying here. People here are implying that RP cancelled the event all together (because of some big announcement tonight). He didn't cancel the event. He was never committed to attending the event in the first place. RP only declined the invitation to the event. Looks like the same entertainers (Jimmy Vaughn, Jodon Page) are still appearing at the newly named event with the exception of TMOT. It appears to me TMOT has been "disinvited".

VictorB
05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
It's strange that Wead said something was going to happen on or after the 9th, and then TMOT says that he heard the campaign is switching gears.

I hope the campaign has some David Copperfield stuff up their sleeves. All I know is that the Romney camp has been very lazy about securing delegates and campaigning since Santorum dropped out.

The tortoise is rounding the corner and the hare is still sleeping.

NoOneButPaul
05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Gear shift?

Maybe... Leaving the party? Independent run at the white house?

Sure I have leaped ahead, but he did say "shift gears" What else could it mean? Ron Paul will not just quit. But maybe he is seeing that the Republican Party is going to run Romney... if they have to change or BREAK every rule!

Better a long shot than NO shot!

I think we have a better shot at the nomination through the delegate strategy than we do getting 270 electoral votes as an Indy...

RonPaulFanInGA
05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
I think we have a better shot at the nomination through the delegate strategy than we do getting 270 electoral votes as an Indy...

Nope.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/09/ron-paul-no-i-wont-be-endorsing-romney-any-time-soon/

Just how close to zero chance is it for Paul, anyway? Let’s assume that Paul can capture all of the delegates in caucus states, thanks to his organizational strength and ability to play the long game. Right now, Romney has 722 untouchable bound delegates from primary states, up through last night’s elections. He’ll get at least half of Indiana’s 46 delegates even if Paul can claw some from the caucus portion of the allocation, so bring that to 745 delegates. Romney should win all of the rest of the primaries by majorities, so California puts Romney over the top by June 5th no matter what happens. It’s over, and it’s been over since at least Santorum’s withdrawal.

Paul should run independent, he could maybe garner enough support to get into the debates. That's not going to happen though if everyone keeps running full speed ahead towards this 'win the GOP nomination at the convention' pure fantasy. You can't begin and run a successful independent presidential campaign two months before election day.

idiom
05-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Well. Technically we have enough delegates now to stare down the RNC and blackmail them into anything. All they need to do is believe RP is crazy enough after 40 years of being ignored to go nuclear on them.

evilfunnystuff
05-09-2012, 05:18 PM
You can't begin and run a successful independent presidential campaign two months before election day.

I disagree he would not be starting from scratch, and upon announcement, he would probably have his largest fundraising day ever.

Also, he would practically qualify for the debates by default, overcoming one of the biggest handicaps to 3rd party/indy POTUS. (Besides Perot)

Narmical
05-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Also, he would practically qualify for the debates by default,

please elaborate

wgadget
05-09-2012, 05:35 PM
I disagree he would not be starting from scratch, and upon announcement, he would probably have his largest fundraising day ever.

Also, he would practically qualify for the debates by default, overcoming one of the biggest handicaps to 3rd party/indy POTUS. (Besides Perot)

I may be wrong, but it seems to me any comparison of Ron with Ross Perot would bring people to the realization that Perot was RIGHT about that giant sucking sound. And that perhaps Ron is right about the Fed and sound money. And the Fed just permitted China to buy its first US bank.

InTradePro
05-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Shift gears and change strategy for the Presidential Election? Sounds like it.

idiom
05-09-2012, 05:55 PM
America Elects, or the LP would take him.

The other thing people seem to forget is that we OWN the Gop in several states now. If we ran independent several states could back RP over Romney.

Jingles
05-09-2012, 07:06 PM
I really want for him to run for office? Can we get him to? Such an amazing human being...

evilfunnystuff
05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
please elaborate

Polling at 15% gets you in the debates.

evilfunnystuff
05-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I may be wrong, but it seems to me any comparison of Ron with Ross Perot would bring people to the realization that Perot was RIGHT about that giant sucking sound. And that perhaps Ron is right about the Fed and sound money. And the Fed just permitted China to buy its first US bank.

People always tell me RP reminds them of RP :toady:

anaconda
05-09-2012, 07:50 PM
I love this man and want to buy him dinner sometime.

He restores my faith in humanity.

^This.

anaconda
05-09-2012, 07:51 PM

He just needs ballot access. And inclusion in the general election debates would be extra special.

rp713
05-09-2012, 08:29 PM
tmot's vid was more interesting than doug wead's bs ustream.

AgentOrange
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Polling at 15% gets you in the debates.

There is no law that says that. This is just a rule the networks made up for the primaries. I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul did get the Republican nomination, that the networks would decide not to even bother having a debates. There is no way they will let Ron Paul debate as a 3rd party candidate.

bluesc
05-09-2012, 08:39 PM
There is no law that says that. This is just a rule the networks made up for the primaries. I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul did get the Republican nomination, that the networks would decide not to even bother having a debates. There is no way they will let Ron Paul debate as a 3rd party candidate.

The rule isn't set by the networks, but by the Commission on Presidential Debates, which is made up of leaders from -- wait for it -- the two main parties who have no interest in seeing a third party rise.

wgadget
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
So has anyone revisited Tmot's video and asked him how the campaigns changing gears? I'm curious. Same goes for Stossel--has anyone contacted him? What a letdown...eesh.

Elwar
05-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Ye of little faith...

juvanya
05-15-2012, 01:07 AM
No he doesnt. Check my sig for the most accurate results possible, based on actual reports: establishment, supporter, or MSM.