PDA

View Full Version : Levin says what Paul is doing is very 'Soviet'

kezt777
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
We were listening to the Mark Levin show on Sirius Patriot at supper tonight and Levin suddenly started talking about Ron Paul and the delegates he is getting in what Levin called 'Hybrid system' states. He stressed that Paul did not win the popular vote in those states but is getting delegates. He said it was very 'shrewd' and then paused and said in his sarcastic little voice that it was very 'Soviet' of him. He spoke to his producer or whoever was in the background and added 'don't you think'?

But then of course did not go on about what he means by that. What is 'Soviet' about those states having rules that allow that? What is Soviet about RP legally going this route? Levin did not elaborate, he just stated that it was very shrewd and then very (or perhaps he said 'rather') Soviet.

Voluntary Man
05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Mucus leVin is a bitter, shrill, little monkey. You must have a cast iron stomach.

jacmicwag
05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Levin cannot comprehend loyalty - it is beyond his meager soul and ranceous intellect.

V3n
05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Levin is ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_democracy

kezt777
05-08-2012, 09:08 PM
lol @ cast iron stomach. We normally only listen for a half hour these days. Years ago we tried to tune in for the whole thing, before he went to a 3 hour program on sirius. I always enjoyed how he picked Obama's words apart but for ages now we have barely been able to tolerate what goes on in his show. We still listen because we like to pick out the parts where he seems to forget he is speaking what Ron Paul stands for and then listen to Levin trash Paul later. but tonight took the cake - very 'Soviet' of RP to do this with the delegates? good lord... that spoke of desperation.

idiom
05-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Actually this is exactly how Stalin took power.

He became party secretary which nobody wanted to be because it had no power except to appoint the lowest level of local party members... who elected the level above them... who elected the level above them...

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make the comparison.

trey4sports
05-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Levin is the intellectual equivalent of Sean Hannity..... who is the intellectual equivalent of a baby monkey.

Jovan Galtic
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I wish Levin had a chance to live in a communist state for a couple of years, it would be easier for him to compare...

Idiot.

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2012, 09:21 PM

He became party secretary which nobody wanted to be because it had no power except to appoint the lowest level of local party members... who elected the level above them... who elected the level above them...

This is true. I was just thinking when I read the OP that "WTF does this have to do with anything Soviet?" It's still not a "Soviet" thing, but a "Stalin" thing. I haven't thought about 20th century Soviet history for a long time! Been focusing on late 19th/very early 20th century stuff as of late. Thanks for jogging my memory.

FWIW, Stalin was also not Russian, but Georgian.

NorfolkPCSolutions
05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Normally, I would simply state aloud to myself that this is a very dumb thread.

This is a very dumb thread.

For the love of God, and all that is holy - there is absolutely nothing wrong with learning the rules to the game, playing the game to win, and ultimately, winning. Levin can take a long walk on a short pier - as a matter of fact, I move that this thread be deleted to prevent that nimrod (or one of his associates) from knowing it was ever added.

OP, pardon my caustic tone. Rough day...while I agree that this is indeed postworthy, I feel it is unwise to discuss it further here.

Paul Or Nothing II
05-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Is US supposed to be a pure democracy? NO
The parties are private entities themselves & they can set their rules as they want, & they are set up to offer bigger voices to those citizens that get engaged in the electoral process & are willing to expend their time, money & efforts on it rather than many who just show up at the polls without finding out much about the candidates & their policies, so not a bad process at all

CaptainAmerica
05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Levin is actually the one who is very soviet. what a fucking douche bag.

kill the banks
05-08-2012, 09:43 PM
levin should just be happy his mother still lets him stay in her basement

Brian4Liberty
05-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Levin is actually the one who is very soviet. what a fucking douche bag.

Yes, in a way. More of a neo-Trotskyite, thus his natural resentment of Stalin.

kezt777
05-08-2012, 09:47 PM
OP, pardon my caustic tone. Rough day...while I agree that this is indeed postworthy, I feel it is unwise to discuss it further here.

Fair enough. I was unsure about posting about it, which is why I did not bother trying to find a transcript link or the audio because I did not want to give Levin more traffic if people checked it out. But I put it in Media Spin because like it or not, Levin has a ton of listeners and they will follow his attempt to link RP with 'Soviet', since it appears obvious to him that his multiple attempts at 'tin foil hat wearers' and other such bunk he uses to refer to RP supporters is not working as well as he had hoped. So he can throw in the term 'Soviet' with no explanation to his listening audience of millions and hope that they take care of the rest themselves. And if Paul's strategy can be compared to Stalin's, then it could be compared to how Hitler rose to power as well. I watched a multi-part series twice in the past month and he pulled some little stunts to get to his position - so let's just compare Stalin AND Hitler to Paul's campaign and let it lie or delete the whole thing and pretend it never happened. Whatever works best for everyone :)

Ps I should add that there is an elderly author in my city who wrote a book about how her family was treated under Stalin and how in a very strange twist of circumstances, Hitler's army taking her villagers on foot out of Russia was the best time of her childhood. First time she had eaten a proper meal in her 6 years of life, first time she had a real pair of shoes to walk in, first time she had more than one change of clothing - all from Hitler's army instead of while living under Stalin. She was raised watching propaganda videos of how he treated his daughter (and in reference, how he loved children soooooo much) while living in a cesspool of control under his name. Lovely comparisons here.

Henry Rogue
05-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by idiom

Ron Paul didn't appoint us, we volunteered.

kezt777
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM

thank you!

Intoxiklown
05-09-2012, 08:52 PM
levin is a hate mongerer who spreads so much disinformation, it's beyond funny. I ecnounter his listeners from time to time on other political forums, and I can always spot them due to the constant repeating of the same stuff, and the complete lack of any real and rational understanding of facts.

Badger Paul
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I think Levin is very Soviet too. Propaganda is his specialty.

coffeewithchess
05-09-2012, 09:24 PM
I think Levin is very Soviet too. Propaganda is his specialty.

Interesting...something about minds thinking alike? I was coming to say the same thing, and post this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_in_the_Soviet_Union

Mark Levin is just one of the thousands of big government propagandists, keeping the masses dumb and trying to make a buck off the system while it's still around. He has as much credibility as Hannity and Rush, which is none.

idiom
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM

Yes, but it is the realisation that the party is a power pyramid. If you change out the people at the bottom the people at the top are powerless to stop you. And they don't realise what you are doing until it is far to late because they don't understand where their own power comes from.

anaconda
05-09-2012, 11:26 PM
We were listening to the Mark Levin show on Sirius Patriot at supper tonight and Levin suddenly started talking about Ron Paul and the delegates he is getting in what Levin called 'Hybrid system' states. He stressed that Paul did not win the popular vote in those states but is getting delegates. He said it was very 'shrewd' and then paused and said in his sarcastic little voice that it was very 'Soviet' of him. He spoke to his producer or whoever was in the background and added 'don't you think'?

But then of course did not go on about what he means by that. What is 'Soviet' about those states having rules that allow that? What is Soviet about RP legally going this route? Levin did not elaborate, he just stated that it was very shrewd and then very (or perhaps he said 'rather') Soviet.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?339354-Take-The-No-Levin-Challenge

porchdog
05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
its called a revolution, DUH, they will never give up the reighns without a fight.

anaconda
05-10-2012, 03:18 AM
Levin is the intellectual equivalent of Sean Hannity..... who is the intellectual equivalent of a baby monkey.

Please don't insult baby monkeys.

anaconda
05-10-2012, 03:27 AM
I am truly sorry that forum participants continue to comment on Marc Levin. It makes me sad, actually.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?339354-Take-The-No-Levin-Challenge

redant
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM
His voice makes me sick no matter what he says, but stuff like this makes me stay sick!

Krugerrand
05-10-2012, 06:51 PM
It's actually Reagan-esque. Reagan's plan in 76 was to have his delegates abstain in round 1 and then force a round of uncommitted ballots.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=EadjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=c10DAAAAIBAJ&pg=2781,3455627&dq=reagan+delegates+abstain+convention&hl=en

anaconda
05-10-2012, 07:00 PM
It's actually Reagan-esque. Reagan's plan in 76 was to have his delegates abstain in round 1 and then force a round of uncommitted ballots.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=EadjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=c10DAAAAIBAJ&pg=2781,3455627&dq=reagan+delegates+abstain+convention&hl=en

Thanks for posting that article.

sailingaway
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM

but was it us who wrote these 'Soviet' rules? It is how the party makes people who hate the establishment pick 'vote' for the establishment pick by switching their delegates to vote for the party pick by 'acclimation' at the RNC every time.

They tried to stimie the evangelicals with proportional votes and 'fall back' ballotting, and went after Ron with fall back balloting (first choice doesn't count drop to second etc until last left wins) ONLY in areas where that helped Romney. THAT is what is soviet, manipulating the rules so their guy always wins. We have no choice in the rules, we are beating them, where we can, with their own.

roho76
05-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Says the progressive.

idiom
05-10-2012, 07:46 PM
but was it us who wrote these 'Soviet' rules? It is how the party makes people who hate the establishment pick 'vote' for the establishment pick by switching their delegates to vote for the party pick by 'acclimation' at the RNC every time.

They tried to stimie the evangelicals with proportional votes and 'fall back' ballotting, and went after Ron with fall back balloting (first choice doesn't count drop to second etc until last left wins) ONLY in areas where that helped Romney. THAT is what is soviet, manipulating the rules so their guy always wins. We have no choice in the rules, we are beating them, where we can, with their own.

I am hoping that we get to the point where we have a enough delegates to turf the rules out. We are hitting that point quite a bit.

camp_steveo
05-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I have his book, "conservative manifesto..." I think I will have a weenie roast this weekend.

Sola_Fide
05-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I can hear him saying this in his really nasaly sinister voice too.

osan
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM

How dare you insult a baby monkey like that!

For shame.

EBounding
05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I hate when I stumble into "Media Spin". Just puts me in a rotten mood.

libertygrl
05-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Levin is ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_democracy

Levin is a NEO-CON shrill and wants the continuation of young American soldiers dying for Israel. :mad:

libertygrl
05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
How dare you insult a baby monkey like that!

For shame.

LOL!!

http://www.monkey-pictures.net/boxing-baby.jpg

Revolution9
05-11-2012, 03:50 PM

I am sure the doctor has assassination squas and hired jackboots to assist him in his rise and corrupting grip on power.. jeesh.. lousy comparison. BTW.. I want to slap the privileged smirk off your avatar.. Who is that snarky brat?;)

Rev9

Sam I am
05-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Only reason he calls it "soviet" is because the word 'Soviet' sounds bad. When you talk about politics in the US, "Soviet" can be used as an all-purpose pejorative.

In reality, what Ron Paul is doing is in no way like what the soviets did. The Soviets overthrew their king in open revolt. Ron Paul is going through an electoral process. completely different.

romancito
05-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Levin is a very violent man and "soviet" he understand and manipulative. Dr. Paul is a meek peaceful man whose personality will bring honor to the position he aspires.

kathy88
05-11-2012, 04:35 PM
I physically react when I hear his whining little bitch voice.

FindLiberty
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM
In Mark "The Great One" Levinís Soviet America,
the candidate who has no chance of winning...
WINS AND BECOMES PRESIDENT!

Occam's Banana
05-11-2012, 04:59 PM

This is true. I was just thinking when I read the OP that "WTF does this have to do with anything Soviet?" It's still not a "Soviet" thing, but a "Stalin" thing. I haven't thought about 20th century Soviet history for a long time! Been focusing on late 19th/very early 20th century stuff as of late. Thanks for jogging my memory.

FWIW, Stalin was also not Russian, but Georgian.

What's more, Levin almost certainly didn't have any of this in mind when he made the crack. He probably just reached for a nasty pejorative and grabbed the first one that came to hand.

Considering his contretemps vis-a-vis Tom Woods, he seems to have enough difficulty with the history of the U.S. Constitution (a subject upon which he is alleged to be expert). I doubt his mastery of Soviet history is any better.