PDA

View Full Version : Romney has a less % of the Vote than McCain did after becoming the Media declared Nominee

robert9712000
05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
This needs spread to people in California and Texas.

Everyone remembers how bad McCain did against Obama in 2008,well as a percent of the Vote after being declared the presumptive nominee by the media,Romney has a lower percent than McCain did.We need to explain to people that Romney is actually worse than McCain at getting the republican base excited about him.He most likely wont even get as many votes as McCain did in 2008 in West Virginia and it was a split caucus/primary

The only person in the republican party who is getting people excited is Ron Paul.Romney will not be able to also get the indie and converted democrats needed to beat Obama.

Heres the percents

Indiana
2008 McCain 77.60%
2012 Romney 65%

North Carolina
2008 McCain 74.01%
2012 Romney 66%

West Virginia
2008 McCain 76.0% *(89,683 votes) was a split caucus/primary
2012 Romney 70% *(53570/65%)X100)= 82415 est. votes for just a primary

Sentient Void
05-08-2012, 08:25 PM
nice. Source?

TheTyke
05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
He's right... http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/results/votes/index.html

robert9712000
05-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I just cross referenced the 2008 results on Wikipedia

Indiana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Republican_primary,_2008

North Carolina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Republican_primary,_2008

West Virginia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia_Republican_primary,_2008

Sentient Void
05-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Awesome job, dude. Good stuff!

coffeewithchess
05-08-2012, 08:46 PM
There's actually some legitimate reasons to look at the numbers for the general election, which from what I can tell...Romney is going to get buried in the general election, which is not only laughable, but shows you how truly stupid Americans are on both sides.

alucard13mmfmj
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
all i know is that i am writing in ron paul or voting for gary johnson just to screw the GOP and the Romney fanboys. 4 more years of Obama, WOO HOOO.

i'll be surprise if ROmney still win without Ron Paul support. This time there MIGHT be enough of us to make Romney lose by a few percentage at least.

J_White
05-08-2012, 10:14 PM
good post - i suggested this some time back,
how about comparing the actual number of votes for McCain in different states in 2008, to Romney's vote totals in 2012 ?

J_White
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
dont worry, u wont be surprised, because Romney cannot beat Obama. just wait and watch, GOP is digging a hole for itself !

all i know is that i am writing in ron paul or voting for gary johnson just to screw the GOP and the Romney fanboys. 4 more years of Obama, WOO HOOO.

i'll be surprise if ROmney still win without Ron Paul support. This time there MIGHT be enough of us to make Romney lose by a few percentage at least.

ClydeCoulter
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
There's actually some legitimate reasons to look at the numbers for the general election, which from what I can tell...Romney is going to get buried in the general election, which is not only laughable, but shows you how truly stupid Americans are on both sides.

Keep tight, coffee, we knew it would be hard, but the harder we fight the harder they will fight. We already know the cards, and they have aces up the sleeve, got to stop playing their game cause we can't win it that way.

The PTB use the right carrot dangled in the right place. The "it's nothing personal" follow it like clockwork.

PS: and I've had a couple...:)

ClydeCoulter
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
dont worry, u wont be surprised, because Romney cannot beat Obama. just wait and watch, GOP is digging a hole for itself !

No, the GOP knows what it is doing. Is there a difference in the controllers of left and the right?

Gravik
05-08-2012, 11:23 PM
If these idiots elect Romney, I fear Rand is going to have an even tougher time in 2016 getting the GOP out of the shithole it's in.

wetroof
05-08-2012, 11:35 PM
It's the same thing for the previous 5 april primaries (granted newt was still in the race).

RonPaulFanInGA
05-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Everyone remembers how bad McCain did against Obama in 2008,well as a percent of the Vote after being declared the presumptive nominee by the media,Romney has a lower percent than McCain did.We need to explain to people that Romney is actually worse than McCain at getting the republican base excited about him.He most likely wont even get as many votes as McCain did in 2008 in West Virginia and it was a split caucus/primary

The only person in the republican party who is getting people excited is Ron Paul.Romney will not be able to also get the indie and converted democrats needed to beat Obama.

So Romney's 65% (Indiana) shows a lack of enthusiasm and that he's doomed vs. Obama, and to rectify that the GOP needs a candidate who did much worse (as all not-Romneys' percentages show)?

http://indiana.onpolitix.com/pages/72/indiana-election-results

coffeewithchess
05-09-2012, 01:14 AM
If these idiots elect Romney, I fear Rand is going to have an even tougher time in 2016 getting the GOP out of the shithole it's in.

Honest question for you...
If Ron Paul was able to raise/spend $60+ million in the 2008 and 2012 election cycle, and still can't win a state outright in the popular vote, what makes you think Rand has a chance of winning the nomination in 2016?

Nastynate
05-09-2012, 01:25 AM
If Ron Paul was able to raise/spend $60+ million in the 2008 and 2012 election cycle, and still can't win a state outright in the popular vote, what makes you think Rand has a chance of winning the nomination in 2016?

The neo-cons seem to like Rand Paul for some reason. I don't fully trust Rand Paul like i do Ron but I'll still support Rand.

azxd
05-09-2012, 02:19 AM
The entitled one, isn't entitled to squat.

robert9712000
05-09-2012, 04:34 AM
So Romney's 65% (Indiana) shows a lack of enthusiasm and that he's doomed vs. Obama, and to rectify that the GOP needs a candidate who did much worse (as all not-Romneys' percentages show)?

http://indiana.onpolitix.com/pages/72/indiana-election-results

Primaries are different than the general vote.Paul only got less than Romney in the primary because the media and establishment pushed for Romney as the republican Nominee.Most of the sheep that voted for Romney is only because the media or establishment pushed him .These same people will vote for Ron in the General because they dont care who the candidate is they just were told the world will end if Obama gets another term so they will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is.

The difference between Ron Paul and Romney is not only will he get the base republican vote but unlike Romney hell get more independent and crossover Democrats.

DamianTV
05-09-2012, 05:10 AM

People think that an Election is a Horse Race. Every idiot out there that thinks he is just going to vote for the winner is doing nothing more than hurting the chances of the Candidate he most likely actually likes. Vote for what you believe in or dont vote at all.

Liberty74
05-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Irrevelant data. I don't understand the point. A win is a win people. Putting out this data is meaningless. It does not change the dynamics of the race one bit much less tell a story. It seems some are trying to justify a Paul loss by making other senseless claims that make themselves feel better. That's not winning.

Geez...

It says nothing in about the general election. That race is a totally different ball game.

WilliamC
05-09-2012, 06:12 AM

It tells me Ron Paul is running against the establishment, which means the GOP leadership, the Democratic Party, the media, and the big-money special interest and that his message has be actively suppressed by all of of these groups.

So it's quite possible he could win the general election were Ron the Republican nominee because he would finally be getting the face time in front of the American People that he has yet to get up to this point.

And by the time we get finished cleaning house in the GOP Rand will be the presumptive nominee long before 2016, just like Romney was for this cycle.

Turn the corner CWC, time to start thinking like a winner instead of a loser.

Won't guarantee victory but it helps to actually expect and plan to win even if the odds are long.

Otherwise you're just thinking like a loser, and people can tell.

Dianne
05-09-2012, 06:26 AM
The only thing Santorum ever said that was correct, is that Mitt Romney is the worst possible GOP candidate to go against Obama.

Romney has no chance to beat Obama, and each day he further self destructs by making stupid, inaccurate remarks. One would actually think the fool is on Obama's payroll, and not an actual candidate.

Peeps who want to get rid of Obama, better get on the Paul band wagon fast...

EBounding
05-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Can you imagine the first debate between Romney and Obama? Obamacare is going to be one of the first things brought up. Anything Romney says will just be shot back with "But my plan is based on yours". Obama will look like a hero and Romney will look like a petty politician. Romney will be sunk there. Conservatives will be embarassed but still vote for him, but independents will have no reason to vote for Romney. So they'll either stay home or stick with Obama. Obama will then march to a another victory, similar to '08. And that's just from Obama/Romneycare issue.

Liberty74
05-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Can you imagine the first debate between Romney and Obama? Obamacare is going to be one of the first things brought up. Anything Romney says will just be shot back with "But my plan is based on yours". Obama will look like a hero and Romney will look like a petty politician. Romney will be sunk there. Conservatives will be embarassed but still vote for him, but independents will have no reason to vote for Romney. So they'll either stay home or stick with Obama. Obama will then march to a another victory, similar to '08. And that's just from Obama/Romneycare issue.

Not doubt Romney has no real leg to stand on with healthcare but that issue is not going to decide the election. The economy still sucks and far worse than reported. All economic data is very bad for Obama. The only thing he has going for him is the stock market. That will go belly up once Europe collapses. The anti-Obama vote is just as big as the anti-Bush vote was in 2006 and 2008.

I don't see how Obama can win unless his people stages an attack of some sort where the people then rally behind the current President. Even Obama's camp recently admitted that they would lose to Romney if the election was held today. I honestly don't see any good news on the horizon for Obama. Two recent polls also have Romney winning 49 to 45. If Romney picks Rubio its a done deal in my opinion. Picking Christie who has a 56% approval in NJ would be a done deal as well.

In the end, any unforeseen event can change the dynamics of the general race. But the healthcare issue will not be a major factor.

wgadget
05-09-2012, 07:12 AM
And if Romney should get elected, the voters will quickly discover that he, like Obama, is owned by Goldman SACHS. How can they be so damn stupid?