PDA

View Full Version : GOP Phone Survey

angelatc
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Just got a call from the State GOP, asking if I was planning to vote for Mitt Romney or Ron Paul as a delegate.

Sensing something subversive at play, I answered accordingly.

Drex
05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Keep it low key... Buddy Roemer..

Uriah
05-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Just got a call from the State GOP, asking if I was planning to vote for Mitt Romney or Ron Paul as a delegate.

Sensing something subversive at play, I answered accordingly.

Answered accordingly? What does that mean?

I got a phone call the day before the Iowa district convention. "A quick one question political survey", they asked who I supported for president. Sounded fishy. I said I'm still undecided. Then they said: "ah yeah, oh, by the way this call is paid for by the Ron Paul campaign..."

Thing is I have been coordinating with the campaign and no calls were going out. We nixed the calls as to not tip off the other side. Be careful what you say on the phone. Be careful what you say in person and to whom. There ARE moles and deceitful tactics.

EBounding
05-09-2012, 09:00 AM
I got a call too. I just said "undecided". They were also asking if I would endorse Saul.

angelatc
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I got a call too. I just said "undecided". They were also asking if I would endorse Saul.

I answered the delegate question by saying that I was under the impression that the delegates were bound to vote for Romney. I also said I would vote Anuzis when hell froze over.

angelatc
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Answered accordingly? What does that mean?

I got a phone call the day before the Iowa district convention. "A quick one question political survey", they asked who I supported for president. Sounded fishy. I said I'm still undecided. Then they said: "ah yeah, oh, by the way this call is paid for by the Ron Paul campaign..."

Thing is I have been coordinating with the campaign and no calls were going out. We nixed the calls as to not tip off the other side. Be careful what you say on the phone. Be careful what you say in person and to whom. There ARE moles and deceitful tactics.

The campaign sucks balls. I have intentionally stayed far, far away from them and the C4L because of stupid stuff like you just posted.

WilliamC
05-09-2012, 09:43 AM
I am an open and unapologetic Paul supporter so will always say this no matter who asks.

If they don't like it then they are free to try to take issue with me, indeed I welcome them to do so.

But I see no need for everyone to always share everything about yourself if you decide not to, that's perfectly ethical and not the same as outright lying about your beliefs.

Stealth delegates for Paul yes. Lying delegates for Paul not cool with me.

angelatc
05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Stealth delegates for Paul yes. Lying delegates for Paul not cool with me.

Yep. I agree 100%. We didn't lie.

WilliamC
05-09-2012, 09:50 AM
The campaign sucks balls. I have intentionally stayed far, far away from them and the C4L because of stupid stuff like you just posted.

I prefer to think of it as the campaign expects us to be adults and do our own grunt work. Yes there needs to be more active outreach from the National campaign to the States but think about it for a moment.

Isn't what we are doing exactly the correct, bottom-up approach that we all seem to be in favor of for solving problems?

Aren't the difficulties we have by not having 'strong' leadership also our greatest advantage since the solutions we come up with are far more robust and likely to succeed than some top-down managed campaign?

As sovereign individuals isn't it incumbent upon us not to wait for the authority of the campaign to bless our actions but to simply step forward and act of our own volition?

It is our Country, it is our Republican Party, it is our responsibility to turn out to the Caucuses and Conventions and remove the corrupt leadership as best can happen in each individual case. It is not for the National Campaign to do this for us.

And when we, the grassroots, do hand Ron Paul the nomination in August who will he be accountable to? People he sent from the National campaign to the States that did this for him?

No, he will be accountable to us, the People, the States, the Individuals who saw the problems for themselves and came up with our own solutions to achieve the goal.

That's what I think is going on in Ron Paul's mind, but it's just really idle speculation on my part.

angelatc
05-09-2012, 09:56 AM
I prefer to think of it as the campaign expects us to be adults and do our own grunt work. Yes there needs to be more active outreach from the National campaign to the States but think about it for a moment.

I'm not going to get into all that again, except to say that the campaign spent a lot of time specifically telling us not to do anything EXCEPT send them money.

angelatc
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
For anybody interested, this has the potential to be quite a scandal. The list of delegates isn't supposed to be available to anybody yet, and yet Saul Anuzis somehow has it, and is using it to phone the delegates?

Keith.Almli
05-18-2012, 07:39 AM
This is old news please see http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375645-Romney-Campaign-Is-Paying-People-To-Gather-Information-About-State-Delegates

I've been a delegate for 4+ years and have always received calls as a delegate. Someone always along the lines leaks the information..

However here is a story produced by RightMichigan.com, it might be work looking over. http://www.rightmichigan.com/story/2012/5/10/13938/6424

thoughtomator
05-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Everyone needs to be careful, I have received multiple calls I have sourced to the Romney campaign and they were not up front about it.