PDA

View Full Version : Want a better life?....Go to jail.

Tiso0770
05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
This is real proof that the establishment laws DON'T work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vnqCeldwg

Lucille
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
"They need a lot of food because of all the marijuana they smoke in prison."

LOL...

QuickZ06
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Criminal charges could be filled. Being criminals of what, exploiting your corrupted system.

tod evans
05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Want a better life?....Go to jail.

I've known some old-timers who were in poor health and chose to rob a bank in order to spend their last days fed and housed by the BOP instead of being a burden on their families.

TheTexan
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Wondering where the phones come from?

Charged with disorderly conduct. 12 hours in jail. Wallet ~$60 lighter (they did leave him one dollar). Phone never to be seen again.

The cops sell them to inmates. My brother's lawyer says they usually go for around $500 in Atlanta.

tttppp
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
That video doesn't make me want to go to jail. Instead of focusing on making inmates lives crappier, they should focus on making free people's lives better. Prisoners have a crappy enough life, and to top it off, prison does not prepare prisoners to succeed in real life.

Lafayette
05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
When you take criminals and parasites, lock them up and have them guarded by other criminals and parasites... this kind of shit shouldnt surprise anyone.

Now the bosses in suits will do damage control so as not to ruin their lucrative "company store" racket.

Voluntary Man
05-13-2012, 12:42 PM
so, eating vending machine "food," smoking weed, gabbing on the phone, and bragging on facebook (no wonder this guy is already locked up...what an effing idiot) is "living well"?

saddest part of this story is that the guy probably committed the original robbery to pay his cable bill, to keep his internet on, to support his facebook habit.

nekha123
05-13-2012, 01:12 PM
This is real proof that the establishment laws DON'T work.

That's same all over the world. You may find it tough to believe. There are a kind of people in india who are more interested in going to jail to have a comfortable life with all resources.

Expatriate
05-13-2012, 01:21 PM
//

Noble Savage
05-13-2012, 01:27 PM
that shit better be the stuff that killed Elvis to get all them dudes high

thoughtomator
05-13-2012, 03:14 PM
They're now trying to convince people that it's not a bad thing to be imprisoned? It's patently absurd to suggest anyone but the sickest and craziest prisoners actually want to be there.

UWDude
05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
For people that seem to understand the value of freedom, I find it hard to believe you are actually thinking living life in prison is good or even better than outside, regardless of the amenities.

Also, note the last sentence in the OP's video.

Lucille
05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

AGRP
05-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Nevermind the excess junk food, soda, facebook account, and parties. Get him for potentially possessing weed!

The real question is why didn't they have more junk food? Pepsico has to get their cut of the slavery business!

LadyBastiat
05-13-2012, 10:04 PM
That video doesn't make me want to go to jail. Instead of focusing on making inmates lives crappier, they should focus on making free people's lives better. Prisoners have a crappy enough life, and to top it off, prison does not prepare prisoners to succeed in real life.

^^This. There are distinctive differences in criminals. I have a friend that has been in and out of prison and this is the number one complaint of many people. For example, probation requirements following a prison sentence usually require that you have a job. But, companies are often precluded from being able to hire anyone with a criminal record (even non-violent records) due to (primarily) insurance costs. So, these millions they send to prison for non-violent crimes end up worse off than they were before prison and in the case of drug related crimes, recidivism rates rise.

I also have a friend that is a guard at a maximum security prison (very violent criminals) and from the things he describes the criminals there are complete animals. Some of the things he says he sees and hears are mind boggling that in such a highly technical society and in this country where standards of living are much higher than most, it is baffling how people could turn out to be as barbaric and animalistic as the criminals there.

It is this second class of criminals that need to be locked up and as far as I'm concerned they could lock them up in one big area alla "Escape from New York" and just let them go animal on one another rather than citizens having to risk their lives guarding them.

tttppp
05-13-2012, 11:58 PM
^^This. There are distinctive differences in criminals. I have a friend that has been in and out of prison and this is the number one complaint of many people. For example, probation requirements following a prison sentence usually require that you have a job. But, companies are often precluded from being able to hire anyone with a criminal record (even non-violent records) due to (primarily) insurance costs. So, these millions they send to prison for non-violent crimes end up worse off than they were before prison and in the case of drug related crimes, recidivism rates rise.

I also have a friend that is a guard at a maximum security prison (very violent criminals) and from the things he describes the criminals there are complete animals. Some of the things he says he sees and hears are mind boggling that in such a highly technical society and in this country where standards of living are much higher than most, it is baffling how people could turn out to be as barbaric and animalistic as the criminals there.

It is this second class of criminals that need to be locked up and as far as I'm concerned they could lock them up in one big area alla "Escape from New York" and just let them go animal on one another rather than citizens having to risk their lives guarding them.

Even many of the violent criminals can be rehabilitated too. I've met some who committed violent crimes and many of them are perfectly normal. They just happened to make a stupid mistake. Unfortunately, our system turns one mistake into many mistakes.

kuckfeynes
05-14-2012, 12:39 AM
One of my favorite videos on the Mises.org YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRDlCgNm2KM