PDA

View Full Version : Subtle advertising

azTeach
06-20-2007, 04:09 AM
The first one I saw didn't really register but now I have seen three of these small Ron Paul messages in non-political web sites. The sites have mostly been technology oriented web sites I have been to over the last 10 days or so.

The messages are not obvious at all. In fact I feel like that kid in the movie that said "I see dead people". :)

Look under this girls left hand, hopefully I'm not the only one that sees it.
http://www.buildhardlink.com/Price.php

Has anyone else here seen these? The ones I have seen have all been in pictures or images used and now I find myself looking for hidden messages in pictures. :mad:

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Wow...

I'll keep an eye out. I have some family members with some websites that get really good traffic because they own their own business. I'll try and do something like that with them.

angrydragon
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
That wasn't easy to see.

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow that's nice. I like it :)

beermotor
06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Awesome...

wwycher
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
That was slick.

torchbearer
06-20-2007, 12:15 PM
wow wow wow.

RonPaul4President
06-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Coooool.

UtahApocalypse
06-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Show us anymore that you find.

azTeach
06-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Wow...

I'll keep an eye out. I have some family members with some websites that get really good traffic because they own their own business. I'll try and do something like that with them.

Hey, you might be on to something! Just thinking out loud here.... so, say we encourage web masters to follow suite. We then create a collectioin of such sites and post them here as the come online.

Then what? Is there a marketing person here that could tweek this idea and make it a unique occurance to ultimately get big attention? What do we call that list of sites? Would that list then become famous enough that it gets attention someplace big? Should the messages all say the same thing?

The most impressive one that I saw said Paul 2008 but it was built in to a picture of trees / woods. It was like the scrambled letters you have to input to register for a web site. I have no idea how it was done but it was advanced stuff. It was also not obvious - you had to just about look for it. I will see if I can find that link later tonight.