PDA

View Full Version : A NEW banner advertising opportunity for teaparty07.com

Sematary
11-15-2007, 07:30 PM
The owner of "The Housing Bubble" http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/index.html just responded and told me that he could give me half price on banner advertising on his site. That would be $75 for one month instead of $150
I have the money in my paypal account from the funds I got for offtopic.com

What do you guys think? Should I go for it and try and get more funds later for offtopic? Should I simply try and get the money now?

If you think that is the way to go, my paypal is interleave1@earthlink.net

Should I not bother?

Sematary
11-15-2007, 07:41 PM
bump

me3
11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Where will the banner be placed?

Also, I would keep trying to raise money for banners now. I guarantee you won't have a problem spending it. :)

Sematary
11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Where will the banner be placed?

Also, I would keep trying to raise money for banners now. I guarantee you won't have a problem spending it. :)

No, spending it isn't a problem.
I'm not sure of the exact placement but the traffic numbers don't look too bad according to Alexa.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I just inquired about banner advertising on gambling911.com and their forums. I hope I get an answer. THAT could be huge. :)

me3
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Placement is everything. Make sure you are "above the fold" of the main page if possible. I'd also make sure the banner is shown on the post pages, ideally between the post and the comments. That blog gets a lot of comments.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Placement is everything. Make sure you are "above the fold" of the main page if possible. I'd also make sure the banner is shown on the post pages, ideally between the post and the comments. That blog gets a lot of comments.

I'll ask when I get some solid traffic numbers from him. I think for $75 though, it's not a bad deal.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
So, anyone want to start contributing for more banner advertising for the 16th?

Lord Xar
11-15-2007, 08:01 PM
why don't you just hold off and see what you can gather and then we can formulate an action for pricing.

Why not put a banner on each of them?

In terms of the housing one, ask him if $50 will work. Tell him you know somenoe that will do $50 but can't do more because of christmas.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I'll ask when I get some solid traffic numbers from him. I think for $75 though, it's not a bad deal.

$75 for that site is great - do it - I'll chip in $15. I suggest going ahead with the housing bubble one (perfect timing really, the event being 1 month away).

Ask him the following.

1. If we do this for a month can we update the banner say once a week?
(Im sure we will want to do this to get more attention and improve the banner - I suggest that the banner should link to teaparty07, but should also list the RP website - something we can work out later tho)

2. Where will the banner go? Top of the site horizontal, Side (how far down?) vertical?

If its the top and horizontal - go for it (IMO)!!!

Lets Roll!

derdy
11-15-2007, 08:07 PM
you should hit up www.dollarcollapse.com too.

He has a Ron Paul section at the very bottom. Maybe we can get the banner placed towards the top.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
$75 for that site is great - do it - I'll chip in $15. I suggest going ahead with the housing bubble one (perfect timing really, the event being 1 month away).

Ask him the following.

1. If we do this for a month can we update the banner say once a week?
(Im sure we will want to do this to get more attention and improve the banner - I suggest that the banner should link to teaparty07, but should also list the RP website - something we can work out later tho)

2. Where will the banner go? Top of the site horizontal, Side (how far down?) vertical?

If its the top and horizontal - go for it (IMO)!!!

Lets Roll!

I've sent the question about position. Not as worried about changing the banner.
My paypal is interleave1@earthlink.net
I'll ask Trevor for daily updates on clickthroughs from sites we get banners on - especially the paid ones.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 08:12 PM
you should hit up www.dollarcollapse.com too.

He has a Ron Paul section at the very bottom. Maybe we can get the banner placed towards the top.

email sent

DJ RP
11-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I just inquired about banner advertising on gambling911.com and their forums. I hope I get an answer. THAT could be huge. :)

Why advertise rp on that site? They already push ron paul constantly and I'm sure all their readers know about him.

We need to target groups who would be receptive to ron paul but might not know about him, in my opinion.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 08:15 PM
I've sent the question about position. Not as worried about changing the banner.
My paypal is interleave1@earthlink.net
I'll ask Trevor for daily updates on clickthroughs from sites we get banners on - especially the paid ones.

I dont have paypal

Can you set up a $300-400 chip in to host teaparty07.com ads? That way I (and others!) could chip-in using a credit card?

Sematary
11-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I dont have paypal

Can you set up a $300-400 chip in to host teaparty07.com ads? That way I (and others!) could chip-in using a credit card?

You can use cc on paypal.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Why advertise rp on that site? They already push ron paul constantly and I'm sure all their readers know about him.

We need to target groups who would be receptive to ron paul but might not know about him, in my opinion.

The POINT is to get more people to donate. Just because they know about Ron Paul doesn't mean they are going to donate or even know there is a money bomb coming. It is a super busy site and since they are gamblers, we would likely receive alot of donations from them.
People who DON'T know about him will learn about him because of the money bomb and POSSIBLY by seeing these ads on various sites.

Menthol Patch
11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I like the idea.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 08:22 PM
I just emailed the owner of another popular blog I know to ask about doing this. will report back.

But I still would need to setup a paypal accnt to do the CC thing right? I'd rather contribute towards a chip-in - plus - wouldnt that be an easier way for you to raise enough money to put up ~5-8 month long ads on popular blogs?

Sematary
11-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I just emailed the owner of another popular blog I know to ask about doing this. will report back.

But I still would need to setup a paypal accnt to do the CC thing right? I'd rather contribute towards a chip-in - plus - wouldnt that be an easier way for you to raise enough money to put up ~5-8 month long ads on popular blogs?

No, you don't need a paypal account - just a credit card.
I'm not doing 5 - 8 month advertisements - only one month - leading up to the 16th

michaelwise
11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
That is one of the more popular bubble sites, and gets a lot of traffic for like minded people and lurkers. It is my favorite site for reading about the housing bubble. Probably worth it.

Another Bubble site that is doing it for free that I always check out is:http://www.housingpanic.blogspot.com/

Sematary
11-15-2007, 08:25 PM
That is one of the more popular bubble sites, and gets a lot of traffic for like minded people and lurkers. It is my favorite site for reading about the housing bubble. Probably worth it.

Another Bubble site that is doing it for free that I always check out is:http://www.housingpanic.blogspot.com/

nice. I like it. :)

francisco
11-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Go for it. That site gets a lot of traffic from people who have grave concerns over our current economic policy. Many visitors already support Dr. Ron, but some of these could use prompting to contribute.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Go for it. That site gets a lot of traffic from people who have grave concerns over our current economic policy. Many visitors already support Dr. Ron, but some of these could use prompting to contribute.

Well, I already have at least thirty dollars towards this new one - I was pm'd about it. I can't check my email right now so I don't know if it's more but keep it coming and I'll keep looking for advertising opportunities.

slantedview
11-15-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm actually a regular reader of that blog.

Personally, I say the ad might not be needed. Judging from the comments I've been reading on that blog for the last year, everyone already loves Ron Paul :)

Sematary
11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm actually a regular reader of that blog.

Personally, I say the ad might not be needed. Judging from the comments I've been reading on that blog for the last year, everyone already loves Ron Paul :)

Loving Ron Paul and donating to him are two different things. We need to remind people to donate.

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
No, you don't need a paypal account - just a credit card.
I'm not doing 5 - 8 month advertisements - only one month - leading up to the 16th

5-8 Single Month ads (Put month long ads promoting teaparty07 on 5-8 different websites)

Lord Xar
11-15-2007, 09:24 PM
I'll put in $75. Just ping me. I am at work and can't do it now.. but you can count me in for a 75

Sematary
11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I'll put in $75. Just ping me. I am at work and can't do it now.. but you can count me in for a 75

Ok. Thanks. Let's get these things on as many sites as possible. :D

Sematary
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
So who else wants to help me spread the love on teaparty07.com to the rest of the internet?
If I could get banners on REALLY large sites, it would be a coup - but that takes $$$

Stealth4
11-15-2007, 10:17 PM
So who else wants to help me spread the love on teaparty07.com to the rest of the internet?
If I could get banners on REALLY large sites, it would be a coup - but that takes $$$

I suggest you get the one on the housingbubble website up and running as you have the $ for it.

Then lets brain storm and come up with a list of sites and figure out the associated cost - then narrow it down to 5-10 websites add up the cost and then we'll start raising money for it.

And again I suggest a chip-in for when we have a specific plan and goal.

We can have this all brianstormed by Sunday and we can set the chip-in up Monday.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I suggest you get the one on the housingbubble website up and running as you have the $ for it.

Then lets brain storm and come up with a list of sites and figure out the associated cost - then narrow it down to 5-10 websites add up the cost and then we'll start raising money for it.

And again I suggest a chip-in for when we have a specific plan and goal.

We can have this all brianstormed by Sunday and we can set the chip-in up Monday.

I am going to contact the owner of that site right now and tell him I'm ready to go.
Hopefully, this can be online by tomorrow sometime. :)

In the meantime, I emailed the owner of dollarcollapse.com
Here is the response:

Hi Bob,

Yeah, I was actually thinking about some kind of Ron Paul ad. I have a couple of deadlines to get through, and once they're done--Sunday maybe--I'll start thinking of a spot and get back to you. Regards,

John

to which I said:

Ok - cool.
We could use all the help we can get.
Do you have an email list through that site?
Would you be willing to use it to promote the tea party?

Bob

Response:

Another great idea...I have a pretty big mailing list and will send out a link.

:D

Sematary
11-15-2007, 10:27 PM
These are the two ad sizes possible on housingbubble. Keep in mind - half price. You guys decide. Personally, I think bigger is better.

http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/images/hbb-add-ss.gif

So, can someone work up two ads that will fit these spaces?

ClayTrainor
11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Anyone considered buying some banner adspace on networks like Adbrite.com?

Sematary
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Anyone considered buying some banner adspace on networks like Adbrite.com?

I was looking at that earlier (briefly). What do you make of it?

ClayTrainor
11-15-2007, 10:40 PM
I was looking at that earlier (briefly). What do you make of it?

I actually am not 100% sure, i've been looking at buying some traffic from them for my business, however have yet to do so.

I have been told that it's possible to get alot of high quality targeted traffic for cheap, and they rotate ads on multiple sites.

Seems to be down right now, but it's definitely worth looking into i think :)

Im gonna look at buying some advertising for Teaparty07.Com for sure.

Sematary
11-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I actually am not 100% sure, i've been looking at buying some traffic from them for my business, however have yet to do so.

I have been told that it's possible to get alot of high quality targeted traffic for cheap, and they rotate ads on multiple sites.

Seems to be down right now, but it's definitely worth looking into i think :)

Im gonna look at buying some advertising for Teaparty07.Com for sure.

sweet. We need all the exposure we can get.