PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Romney 44%, Obama 39%, Ron Paul 13%

Pennsylvania
05-08-2012, 09:50 AM
:eek:

Three-Way Race: Romney 44%, Obama 39%, Ron Paul 13%

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Texas Congressman Ron Paul appears more interested in influencing the direction of the Republican Party than in running as an independent presidential candidate. But perhaps Democrats should be careful what they wish for: Even if Mitt Romney’s remaining GOP challenger should run as a third party candidate, new Rasmussen Reports surveying finds Romney the winner of a three-way race.

The latest national telephone survey shows that 25% of Likely U.S. Voters think Paul should run as a third party candidate. Sixty-one percent (61%) disagree, but 13% more are not sure.

Source (rasmussenreports.com) (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/may_2012/three_way_race_romney_44_obama_39_ron_paul_13)

Question wording:

National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters
Conducted May 6-7, 2012

By Rasmussen Reports

1* Do you have a very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable, or very unfavorable impression of Ron Paul?

2* In thinking about the 2012 Presidential Election suppose you had a choice between Republican Mitt Romney, Democrat Barack Obama and independent Ron Paul. If the election were held today would you vote for Republican Mitt Romney, Democrat Barack Obama or independent Ron Paul?

3* Should Ron Paul run as a third party presidential candidate this year?

4* How likely is it that Ron Paul will run as a third party presidential candidate this year?

Source (rasmussenreports.com) (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/questions/pt_survey_questions/may_2012/questions_ron_paul_may_6_7_2012)

ohgodno
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Via Rockwell's Twitter: hxxp://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/may_2012/three_way_race_romney_44_obama_39_ron_paul_13

Link broken because they're shills for the establishment at Rasmussen.

Mittens: 44
Obama: 39
Paul: 13

sailingaway
05-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Today Ron has three primaries IN the GOP. doubtless that is why they are pushing this today.

Kotin
05-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Does anyone believe this?? It's Rasmussen after all.. They would love this to be true..

The Goat
05-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Thats what you call poll engineering.

ohgodno
05-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Wouldn't they though - the way I see it…

44 + 13 = 57

Make Dr. Paul the nominee and defeat Obama – it's right there for the world to see in this (very biased for Republicans) poll.

lurpol
05-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Are there any stats showing the accuracy of Rasmussen Reports. I mean people often call it a 'Republican slanted' polling organization. How can you be a professional polling op and known to be slanted in one direction. Is this untrue? Are there graphs showing their polling and actual results?

Lucille
05-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Manion:
...Fascinating, because he is virtually uncovered by the media (except to bash him occasionally), and, of course, he has announced no intention to run as a third-party candidate (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/111658.html).

If Dr. Paul did announce, that 13% would quickly jump into the mid-twenties, for starters — and climb from there. And then things could get very interesting.

Drex
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Isn't 15% the threshold for getting asked to national debates?

NOBP

oyarde
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I cannot figure that out , in the end , I would guess Paul 20% , Romney 30% , Obama 49% ..... ??

HOLLYWOOD
05-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Rasmussen is NEWSCORP propaganda... he and his pollsters have to give appearance of somewhat credibile. In the end, it's to steer the sheeple to the duopoly slaughter.

Paul Fan
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
The purpose of this poll is to re-spread the concept that Ron Paul is not a Republican. The intent is to harm his chances in the Republican primary.

Paul Or Nothing II
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Isn't 15% the threshold for getting asked to national debates?

NOBP

Ron's polled as high as 22% in a three-way Romney-Obama-Paul - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_p residential_election,_2012#Three-way_race

Tudo
05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
There is nothing good or positive that come from liars and cheats.

patriot2008
05-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Exactly Tudo.
Best thing I've heard on any of this in a while!
No compromise with scum.

Evangelical_Protestant
05-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Rasmussen clearly is no longer legitimate, if they ever were. Romney would not win if there were 3 Democrats and just Romney for the republicans. But ofcourse, this has been known by the GOP for several years.

Obviously the GOP could easily defeat Obama with a strong conservative candidate, but they have apparently been told to sit down until 2016 for reasons unbeknownst to me. I mean think with a shred of rationale for a second....done? Good, I'm glad you agree with me then.

Liberty74
05-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Rasmussen is NEWSCORP propaganda... he and his pollsters have to give appearance of somewhat credibile. In the end, it's to steer the sheeple to the duopoly slaughter.

Rasmussen is credible. Scott knows what he is doing. Polls are just a snap shot of that time assuming the pollsters got their demographics correct. Some do. Some don't.

Regardless, with all the free news Romney has been getting, I am not shocked he leads in a 3 way race. Another poll had him and Barck flipped and Paul at 17%.

The closer it gets to August the less likely Paul will run Indy or anything else.

Robert Johnson
05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
I find Rasmussen's methodology suspect.

They ask a Paul question, and only a Paul question: one that ends with "...somewhat unfavorable, or very unfavorable impression of Ron Paul?" immediately before posing the election question.

speciallyblend
05-08-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eh2KPGBHMM<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eh2KPGBHMM">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eh2KPGBHMM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eh2KPGBHMM)

Aratus
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
if the market tanks, obama's campaign crumbles.
this has echoes of 1992 and ross perot's run!!!

Karsten
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
This aint good actually. Ron was in the low 20's, then 18, then 17, now 13. The trajectory is going down over the past few months, not up. If Ron wanted to go third party, he would have needed to do it already. The longer he waits, the more the general public will solidify behind Obama and Romney. You can believe or not believe me, but I will be there to say I told you so.

TheTexan
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
This aint good actually. Ron was in the low 20's, then 18, then 17, now 13. The trajectory is going down over the past few months, not up. If Ron wanted to go third party, he would have needed to do it already. The longer he waits, the more the general public will solidify behind Obama and Romney. You can believe or not believe me, but I will be there to say I told you so.

Well, on the other side of that coin, the longer we keep the delegate process going, the more Ron Paul people we get into places of Republican party leadership. It'll be tough for Romney to run a campaign when half his party leadership is NOBP

seawolf
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Just a fantasy poll.....Ron already could not get his name for President on the November ballot in a number of States.....the cost would be enormous and no Ron is not going to run on the AmericansElect Ticket, a Bilderberg/Rockefeller conglomerate? Please.....

His only avenue was the Libertarian Party and he chose not to use it. Gary Johnson is the nominee.

Ron Paul will not run third party....it is a dead issue.

TheTexan
05-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Ron Paul will not run third party....it is a dead issue.

I suspect you're right but I hope you're wrong.

The Goat
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
some republican organization probably protects their anointed status. kinda like the crown appointing monopolies.

Are there any stats showing the accuracy of Rasmussen Reports. I mean people often call it a 'Republican slanted' polling organization. How can you be a professional polling op and known to be slanted in one direction. Is this untrue? Are there graphs showing their polling and actual results?

Paul Or Nothing II
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
The closer it gets to August the less likely Paul will run Indy or anything else.

Well, Gary Johnson is running; I don't particularly like him but it's better than useless write-ins or you can always vote for Obama for fun but the point is that if Paul doesn't get the nomination then we must bring GOP down & show them our strength; our numbers are now big enough to swing elections one way or another :D

Ron Paul will not run third party....it is a dead issue

We should keep the 3rd-party issue alive & it IS so that GOP voters know what's coming if Ron isn't the nominee