PDA

View Full Version : Two Gun Groups Make Their Endorsements For The 4th District

Sola_Fide
05-08-2012, 05:55 AM
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Two gun rights groups have made conflicting endorsements in Kentucky's 4th District Republican congressional primary.

The National Rifle Association endorsed Alecia Webb-Edgington while the National Association for Gun Rights endorsed Thomas Massie.

Both candidates said Monday they're proud of the endorsements in the May 22 primary race.

Webb-Edgington and Massie are two of seven Republicans seeking to replace Republican U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis, who is retiring after 10 years in office.

The others are Boone County Judge-Executive Gary Moore, Crestwood teacher Brian Oerther, Fort Mitchell business consultant Tom Wurtz, Erlanger lawyer Marc Carey and Crestwood building contractor Walter Christian Schumm.

The GOP winner will face the top Democratic primary vote-getter. That race is between attorney Bill Adkins of Williamstown and former Army medic Greg Frank of Corinth.

http://www.necn.com/05/07/12/2-gun-groups-make-endorsements-in-4th-Di/landing_politics.html?&apID=820e36a7fc5749e68f17ea262af64e5c

Jeremy
05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
It's typical for the NRA to endorse someone like Alecia. They support incumbents or people who have been in government for a long time because they think the other candidates "don't have a record" etc. That's why they were supporting Harry Reid until everyone got pissed at them.

Occam's Banana
05-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I assume GOA hasn't endorsed. Are they likely to?

TruthisTreason
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
GOA hasn't sent out questionnaires in KY that I'm aware of.

GeorgiaAvenger
05-08-2012, 03:22 PM
I assume GOA hasn't endorsed. Are they likely to?

Massie could probably request it.

Anyone involved with his campaign want to email them?

Ben Richards
05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Massie could probably request it.

Anyone involved with his campaign want to email them?

Endorsements don't typically work like that, and NAGR is a great endorsement and a great group.