PDA

View Full Version : England Prevails!

Anti Federalist
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Chancellor Sutler would be proud.

Parents back Cameron war on drug-drive killers

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4303248/Parents-back-David-Camerons-war-on-drug-drive-killers.html

THE parents of a girl killed by a driver high on cannabis yesterday backed David Cameron’s clampdown on drug-driving.

Gary and Natasha Groves said the laws are a “fitting legacy” for daughter Lillian.

The new legislation — set to be unveiled in the Queen’s Speech tomorrow — will make it easier for cops to test drug-drivers.

Offenders will face longer jail terms and huge fines.

Gary and Natasha welcomed the news — and called for “zero tolerance” of drug-drivers.

Gary said: “It’s too late for us, but to protect other families, to stop this happening again, it’s very important. We can only hope that Lillian’s legacy makes a real difference.”

They have campaigned for stricter laws since Lillian, 14, was run over outside her home in New Addington, South London, in 2010. Driver John Page served just eight weeks in jail.

Natasha added: “You’ll still get the idiots who think they can get away with it, but hopefully they’ll get a fitting sentence that matches the crime.” It will be an automatic offence to have levels of certain drugs in the bloodstream.

Offenders face a maximum of six months’ jail, a fine of up to £5,000, and an automatic driving ban of at least 12 months — similar to drink-driving measures.

Police will be issued with hand-held saliva devices by the end of the year to do roadside tests.

Mr Cameron has said it “simply can’t be right” that laws are not in place to punish drug-drivers properly.

aGameOfThrones
05-07-2012, 09:22 PM
AF, you might need a visit from a Fingermen. Oh yeah, and a trip to a reclamation camp.

manny229
05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Chancellor Sutler would be proud.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4303248/Parents-back-David-Camerons-war-on-drug-drive-killers.html

THE parents of a girl killed by a driver high on cannabis yesterday backed David Cameron’s clampdown on drug-driving. Gary and Natasha Groves said the laws are a “fitting legacy” for daughter Lillian.

The new legislation — set to be unveiled in the Queen’s Speech tomorrow — will make it easier for cops to test drug-drivers.

Gary and Natasha welcomed the news — and called for “zero tolerance” of drug-drivers.

Gary said: “It’s too late for us, but to protect other families, to stop this happening again, it’s very important. We can only hope that Lillian’s legacy makes a real difference.”

They have campaigned for stricter laws since Lillian, 14, was run over outside her home in New Addington, South London, in 2010. Driver John Page served just eight weeks in jail.

Natasha added: “You’ll still get the idiots who think they can get away with it, but hopefully they’ll get a fitting sentence that matches the crime.” It will be an automatic offence to have levels of certain drugs in the bloodstream.

Offenders face a maximum of six months’ jail, a fine of up to £5,000, and an automatic driving ban of at least 12 months — similar to drink-driving measures.

Police will be issued with hand-held saliva devices by the end of the year to do roadside tests.

Mr Cameron has said it “simply can’t be right” that laws are not in place to punish drug-drivers properly.

Agent Smith is also proud. Using the family of "victims" is a good tactic to brainwash... er educate mundanes into conformity.

bluesc
05-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Fucking LOL.

I love my country. It doesn't mind being the joke of the world, and gives me that extra bit of encouragement to move to Canada or somewhere more exotic.

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Fucking LOL.

I love my country. It doesn't mind being the joke of the world, and gives me that extra bit of encouragement to move to Canada or somewhere more exotic.
Canada is just America's hat. ;) lolz

bluesc
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Canada is just America's hat. ;) lolz

And the UK is America's bitch on a leash ;). At least Canadians are cool, snow is abundant, and there are countless classy French speaking chicks.

flynn
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
so no news on how drug addicts have the same driving privilege from the government as responsible drivers via government granted licenses?

specsaregood
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
And the UK is America's bitch on a leash ;). At least Canadians are cool, snow is abundant, and there are countless classy French speaking chicks.

Plus, they eat horse.

John F Kennedy III
05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Fucking LOL.

Ditto about Amerika. Except no Canada.

bluesc
05-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Plus, they eat horse.

I'm down with that. Isn't it moose though? Or is that Alaska?

bluesc
05-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Ditto about Amerika. Except no Canada.

Can't escape tyranny dude, just gotta find the best place to deal with it and fight it while having a good time. I hear Canadian chicks are all about having a good time.

dannno
05-08-2012, 03:38 PM
The study found that in the 16 states where medical marijuana is legal, there has been a drop of nearly 9% in traffic deaths since the laws took effect and a 5% drop in beer sales. Marijuana and alcohol are substitutes for each other, the researchers found, with fewer people drinking alcohol in states with medicinal marijuana. Pot use, however, increases.

http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/stoned-drivers-safer-than-drunks-carinsurance.aspx

flynn
05-08-2012, 03:40 PM

I'd admit canada is not as statist as America is. But left wing progressive liberals here are about as bad and about 50% + of the population. Canada is not good on taxes either.

bluesc
05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd admit canada is not as statist as America is. But left wing progressive liberals here are about as bad and about 50% + of the population. Canada is not good on taxes either.

In the UK, the most extreme right wing politician would be considered progressive in the US. Our tax rates have nowhere to go but up and economic growth is a fairytale. Anywhere west of me is an improvement.

I would happily move to the US if the immigration laws weren't impossible to get around.

ExPatPaki
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I would happily move to the US if the immigration laws weren't impossible to get around.

They got tougher after 9/11. I would probably have been detained if I wasn't under 18 at the time of those attacks.

DerailingDaTrain
05-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't they know that THC stays in your system for a while? They'll pull someone over who accidentally ran a stop light and next thing they know the cops are taking their blood sample. If they have smoked in the past few days it will most likely show up. Now they have a DWI charge and they weren't actually high.

QuickZ06
05-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Silly England.

Kylie
05-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I wonder why they dont go after the drug pushers/dealers? Or the people growing the shit?

Oh yeah, thats right. Thats our government. Both growing and fighting the "growers".

Why dont people understand freedom is not safety?

Anti Federalist
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I wonder why they dont go after the drug pushers/dealers? Or the people growing the shit?

Oh yeah, thats right. Thats our government. Both growing and fighting the "growers".

America hater.

Anti Federalist
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Don't they know that THC stays in your system for a while? They'll pull someone over who accidentally ran a stop light and next thing they know the cops are taking their blood sample. If they have smoked in the past few days it will most likely show up. Now they have a DWI charge and they weren't actually high.

Pretty sure that's the idea here.

DerailingDaTrain
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM

//

LibForestPaul
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
THE parents of a girl killed by a driver high on cannabis yesterday backed David Cameron’s clampdown on drug-driving.
Gary and Natasha Groves said the laws are a “fitting legacy” for daughter Lillian.

Driver John Page[, killer of Groves daughter,] served just 8 weeks in jail.

Offenders face a maximum of [24 weeks] ’ jail, a fine of up to £5,000, and an automatic driving ban of at least 12 months — similar to drink-driving measures.

Yes, this makes all of us safer.

bolil
05-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I guess the fine is more important than the time, after all it was only a pleb girl killed.

Kylie
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
America hater.

Oh, ya got me there big guy!

:D

Kylie
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
//

What does that mean?

DerailingDaTrain
05-10-2012, 12:25 PM
What does that mean?

I said that they all ready go after the pushers, the dealers, the users, the growers, the movers, the shakers, the big wigs, the top dogs, the shot callers, and even the earth itself (chemical spraying). They go after everybody these days.

Kylie
05-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I said that they all ready go after the pushers, the dealers, the users, the growers, the movers, the shakers, the big wigs, the top dogs, the shot callers, and even the earth itself (chemical spraying). They go after everybody these days.

I meant what does "//" mean, but I think I get it. You concur with my statement, no?

We preach to the choir here alot. :)