PDA

View Full Version : Republican Chair Charlie Webster Answers Critics After Convention Mess

Scott_in_PA
05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Video @ link

While many Republicans are angry about what transpired, State Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster was singing a different tune in an exclusive interview with TV5. "Exciting. Amazing, exciting time," is how Webster described the convention Monday. "It shows you how politics works, if you get your people to the polls you can win. And that's what happened. We got a lot of new people involved."

http://www.wabi.tv/news/29907/republican-chair-charlie-webster-answers-critics-after-convention-mess

theswedishchef
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Charlie Webster, seems like a stand up guy.

Is it only me or does he kinda look like a Ron Paul supporter =)?

anewvoice
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Exsqueeze me, a baking powder?

ChrisDixon
05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Video @ link

http://www.wabi.tv/news/29907/republican-chair-charlie-webster-answers-critics-after-convention-mess

He also told a local news outlet that the national delegate vote occurred behind closed doors. This guy is a snake.

sailingaway
05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Parocks has video as does the livestream guy I am sure.

Mind you, the other side may not yet be aware of this

aclove
05-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Webster is now trying to save his job as State Chairman. He knows Paul supporters won control of the State Executive Committee this past weekend and can nail his scalp to the wall any time they want to, so he's trying to sound all welcoming. Typical politician.

His political neck is in the noose. It's time to spur the horse.

opinionatedfool
05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Webster is an idiot. I don't trust him at all.

kathy88
05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Charlie Webster, seems like a stand up guy.

Is it only me or does he kinda look like a Ron Paul supporter =)?

Charlie Webster is not a friend. He's trying to save his job.

ChrisDixon
05-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Webster is now trying to save his job as State Chairman. He knows Paul supporters won control of the State Executive Committee this past weekend and can nail his scalp to the wall any time they want to, so he's trying to sound all welcoming. Typical politician.

This.

Charlie Webster is not a friend. He's trying to save his job.

And this.

Agorism
05-07-2012, 05:46 PM
At least he's not stubborn as many of them are.

kathy88
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
He sees the writing on the wall in Maine. Either play with us or get kicked off the playground.

Matthew V
05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Agreed, this man is NOT to be trusted.

HOLLYWOOD
05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
I liked the interview of Charlie Webster with the Radio station guys, that was very good. Webster sold his soul to the RNC for whatever reason, usually money for the state GOP and to keep him in power or move up the ladder @ party GOPolitburo.

parocks
05-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Parocks has video as does the livestream guy I am sure.

Mind you, the other side may not yet be aware of this

Yeah I got lots of video. And I assume that lots of other people have video as well. It wasn't really a convention that has much of a news angle to it, except Ron Paul clean sweep. We had the people, we won.

If I have to look through the video, I think it would be for a reason. The Romney people behaved in a way that they probably wouldn't want publicized. People going up to the microphone to complain for a few minutes about how upset they are that it's taking so long, things like that. The Romney people tried some tricks that didn't work. But, you know, we got Tweed in there, and it went smoothly, but not quickly.

Things to remember include counting takes time, and printing / copying takes time.

CD 1 and CD 2 used a different voting system for their 3 delegates. CD 1 (my district) started at 930 am, and finished up, with the final votes read, at around 9pm. We used paper ballots in CD 1. CD 2 started and was finished in under 2 hours. They used a different system, with standing, and the blue cards. Of course, by Sunday late afternoon, we had pretty overwhelming majorities.

Apparently, Benjamin Ginsburg from Patton Boggs was on the scene, delaying everything. If there was one single person to blame, it wasn't Charlie Webster, it was Benjamin Ginsburg, this guy right here. http://www.pattonboggs.com/bginsberg/ You run into him at a convention, well, I dunno.

kathy88
05-07-2012, 06:33 PM
SO... PArocks... Were those two chicks running against our committeewoman drunk? It appeared so from here.

Tyler_Durden
05-07-2012, 06:36 PM
He sees the writing on the wall in Maine. Either play with us or get kicked off the playground.

If we keep up this momentum, more and more of these Establishment cats will begin to shift with the winds. With that said, eff Webster.

devil21
05-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Ask him if he knows who "Charlie" (the fake ballot guy) actually is, then we'll see if he's being genuine or not.

PatriotOne
05-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Perhaps we need to gather and recap all that Charlie Webster has done before we all forget and go soft on that SOB. He would be a friggen operative on the inside to the establishment. Charlie HAS TO GO! And the sooner the better.

ds21089
05-07-2012, 06:59 PM

Yes, but you don't want people in a position of power who can be easily swayed or bought. Clearly this guy lacks integrity, so I say oust him!"

FSP-Rebel
05-07-2012, 06:59 PM
When I first saw a pic of this Charlie fellow, the first word that came to mind was poindexter. His tactics confirm my intuition about him.

Titus
05-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Ask him if he knows who "Charlie" (the fake ballot guy) actually is, then we'll see if he's being genuine or not.

He may not. These things tend to go through several people if there was knowledge by the state GOP or the campaign, see Watergate.

parocks
05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
SO... PArocks... Were those two chicks running against our committeewoman drunk? It appeared so from here.

Well, I don't really know. One of them was the existing committeewoman (I think). My county was at the top of the arena, except when it was CD 1 time. I really didn't take close notice of people running against Ashley Ryan. Who by the way has to be seen as one to watch, being a national committeewoman at 24 years old.

rich34
05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
It's obvious he sees the writing on the wall.

parocks
05-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Perhaps we need to gather and recap all that Charlie Webster has done before we all forget and go soft on that SOB. He would be a friggen operative on the inside to the establishment. Charlie HAS TO GO! And the sooner the better.

The state committee is Ron Paul now, Webster's reelection is in January. I really don't see Webster winning. I would think that we would pick out who we want. From a practical standpoint, I think that someone we really like, who is someone that LePage likes, would work fine. And I don't think that Webster is that person, but it isn't really something to worry about too much right now.

NorfolkPCSolutions
05-07-2012, 08:01 PM
mr webber lost me when he passed out fake slates. goodbye, mr webber...on the heap of ashes and into the dustbin of history you go...

PatriotOne
05-07-2012, 08:14 PM
The state committee is Ron Paul now, Webster's reelection is in January. I really don't see Webster winning. I would think that we would pick out who we want. From a practical standpoint, I think that someone we really like, who is someone that LePage likes, would work fine. And I don't think that Webster is that person, but it isn't really something to worry about too much right now.

January isn't soon enough. Surely he has broken some GOP rules with his subterfuge of the process and blatant support of Romney. I hope we are scanning the bylaws for every rule he broke and challenging him on his position to be fired soon.

devil21
05-07-2012, 08:19 PM
mr webber lost me when he passed out fake slates. goodbye, mr webber...on the heap of ashes and into the dustbin of history you go...

Not to defend Webster but don't get the Charlies confused. Charlie Webster is ME GOP Chair. The fake ballot Charlie is of unknown last name, or whether his name really is Charlie. I know it can be confusing but they are two different people.

Robbo
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
He is a snake, and needs to be replaced.

PatriotOne
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
sent to all Maine delegates by sitting RINO state party chair:

===================================

To: State Convention Delegates and Alternates

Several weeks ago I attended a meeting at the Party Headquarters with a representative
from the Ron Paul campaign.

At that meeting I was informed that the Ron Paul campaign intends to "take
over" the Republican State Convention and Republican State Committee.

It appears that such an effort will be attempted.

It is my opinion that, in my role as Party Chairman, my obligation is to welcome every
Republican activist to our Convention, and to guarantee that all voices are heard.

All of us should welcome the supporters of Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and
Mitt Romney.

These activists are critical to the election of our candidates in the 2012 elections.

As attendees of our convention, I write to inform you of this situation and to remind you
of the importance of attending the Convention beginning with the election of the
Convention Secretary when we convene at 9 a.m. ( We recommend that you arrive at 8:15, at
the latest to collect your Delegate/Alternate credentials )

The very first business on Saturday will be the election of the Convention Secretary and
Convention Chairman.

This would be the first opportunity for anyone to "take over" the Convention by
electing " their " Convention Chairman.

The County caucuses will be held at 4 o'clock and this matter of business would be
another opportunity to "take over" the State Committee.

I regret the necessity of writing this message, but unfortunately there are those among
us who would choose to divide us rather than unite us. Individuals who seem to believe
that the overall good of the Party may not be as important as their candidate and their
own personal political opinions.

Thanks for reading this message, see you at the Convention. 8:15 a.m. on Saturday

Charlie Webster

PatriotOne
05-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Maine GOP: Results went to spam

Maine Republican Party chairman Charlie Webster has admitted that the state party made numerous clerical errors in counting the state’s caucus results — even omitting some votes because emails reporting tallies “went to spam” in an email account.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73015.html#ixzz1uF20dhyO

PatriotOne
05-07-2012, 08:31 PM
“[Ron Paul supporters] are just being conspiracy theorists. … If they talked to any other legislators in Maine who are Ron Paul supporters, they would be told that I have been fair,” Webster said. “What angers me is that people who question that I’m neutral don’t know me.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73015_Page2.html#ixzz1uF2OfLwd

PatriotOne
05-07-2012, 08:32 PM
“In Washington County – where Ron Paul was incredibly strong — the caucus was delayed until next week just so the votes wouldn’t be reported by the national media today. That’s right. A prediction of 3-4 inches — that turned into nothing more than a dusting — was enough for a local GOP official to postpone the caucuses just so the results wouldn’t be reported tonight,” read a scathing statement from the Ron Paul campaign this past Saturday, the night Webster announced the results.

“And just the votes of Washington County would have been enough to put us over the top. This is an outrage,” the statement continued.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73015_Page2.html#ixzz1uF2ZaBt5

BKom
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Is that a joke? This guy is a scumbag who tried to sandbag Ron Paul supporters at every turn. He's trying to save his lying neck. I think we have short memories.

parocks
05-07-2012, 10:48 PM
January isn't soon enough. Surely he has broken some GOP rules with his subterfuge of the process and blatant support of Romney. I hope we are scanning the bylaws for every rule he broke and challenging him on his position to be fired soon.

I don't think it's a priority. I didn't feel that doing that instead of something else is the direction people are planning on going.

One thing I think is pretty cool is that the Maine Delegation is, basically, this.

1) The old state committeeman, who was presumably a McCain supporter in 2008.
2) The old state committeewoman, who is presumably a McCain supporter in 2008.
3) Charlie Webster
4) Paul LePage
5-24) Ron Paul supporters, in many cases the chairs or co-chairs of the various Maine counties. Linda Bean (who we like, buy her lobsters) is both a delegate and an elector, one of my counties co chairs (Russell Montgomery) is an alternate. A whole bunch of top Ron Paul people. Eric Brakey who ran the campaign is a delegate. For thing, this'll be fun for them. I would think it would be cool to be hanging out with the Governor, who we picked as a delegate, and who I personally like and think is doing a fine job in Maine. On another level, it should help to build a good working relationship between the Ron Paul people and the governor. Things in Maine, politics-wise, are looking up. I don't talk much about the "liberty movement", more focused on getting Ron Paul elected, but for those how are paying attention to the "liberty movement", Saturday and Sunday in Maine were very good days for the Liberty Movement. A whole bunch of new LePage advisors, new friends, working with the new almost 100% Ron Paul State Committee. I think that one focus might be on the State Rep and State Senate races. Blaine Richardson has apparently impressed. D'Amoise is impressing. Those are CD2 Rep and US Senate. that they have some control over who gets money which can be a factor in state senate and rep races.

J_White
05-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Charlie has the go, no matter what he says now.

speciallyblend
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
charlie webster =brown noser

parocks
05-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Is that a joke? This guy is a scumbag who tried to sandbag Ron Paul supporters at every turn. He's trying to save his lying neck. I think we have short memories.

I met him yesterday. Helped count votes. I think we focus on Romney and Ginsberg. Yes, it's true that Webster did a few pro Romney things that he shouldn't have done.

But this isn't 2008 Nevada. And We Won. Fully. Every single race. The media is saying 20 of 24 delegates. But that doesn't tell the story really. We won everything. 3 delegates were already picked. And LePage could very well vote for Ron Paul. And he was on our slate. Shouldn't we be a little bit more mad at every single other GOP chair, the ones who prevented us from WINNING EVERYTHING? You have to recognize what DIDN'T happen in Maine. We DIDN'T have the election stolen from us. Some have said that it could still be stolen from us. But I expect that it won't be Charlie Webster who would be stealing it from us. Look again at Ginsberg and Romney.

parocks
05-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Charlie has the go, no matter what he says now.

In January, when the new state committee people get in. We have the state committee.

economics102
05-07-2012, 11:07 PM

Umm, he's getting kicked off the playground. Playing with us is not an option.

devil21
05-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Charlie Webster 2012 = Sue Lowden 2008

J_White
05-08-2012, 02:11 AM
yummy ! sounds delicious !

In January, when the new state committee people get in. We have the state committee.

RickyJ
05-08-2012, 02:47 AM

His political neck is in the noose. It's time to spur the horse.

Yes he is a typical politician trying to hold on to power even though he already pissed off the people he is trying to win over. I don't get it, do politicians think we all are stupid or something? I can assure you Ron Paul supporters are not stupid Charlie and no amount of pandering to them will keep you in your State Chairman position.

speciallyblend
05-08-2012, 05:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1O6nyKnow<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1O6nyKnow">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1O6nyKnow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH1O6nyKnow) goodbye to charlie.

MikeStanart
05-08-2012, 05:22 AM
REPLACE HIM

rb3b3
05-08-2012, 06:26 AM
I FOR ONE WILL NEVER FORGET CHARLIE WEBSTERS DIRTY TRICKS ON US!!! I EVEN CALLED HIS OFFICE TO COMPLAIN AND GIVE HIM MY .02... DONT LET THIS GUY FOOL YOU NOW!! HE MUST GO!!! HE IS A BIG PART OF WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICAN POLITICS TODAY!! BYE BYE WEBSTER!! DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA!

MarcusI
05-08-2012, 06:41 AM
"Other delegates say voting, that according to GOP convention rules is supposed to be done in an open forum, was done behind closed doors. There's also been accusations of credentials that weren't properly verified. Despite all of that criticism, Webster says he's not aware of any rules that were broken. "The way I look at this an election was held. We're going to fight to get our delegates seated in Tampa, that's our position. That's what we're ready to do."

Wow. If he really does this, then I would still recommend to replace him but without hatred.