PDA

View Full Version : I love when I come up with BOLD IDEAS.

Matthew Zak
11-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Before I propose this -- how serious are you in supporting Ron Paul? Just think about that for a second.

After reading that thread where it's been proclaimed that some Ron Paul signs are apparently too large for our own back yards, and seeing the consequential suggestions there after (such as making Ron Paul Christmas ornaments or stapling letters to the roof that spell out his name), I thought of one way to kill two or three birds with one stone.

Whoever suggested that we PAINT Ron Paul on the side of our house is a genius. Seriously, think about it for a second. We set out to make a campaign of our own, encouraging all Ron Paul supporters to Paint their support for Ron Paul on their house, and then have a competition of sorts to see who's paint job is the most creative. It will SCREAM for attention in a way a yard sign never could, most certainly generate media coverage, and it will become a HUGE hit on the internet (at least among us -- haha). They may think we're a little nuts, but since this has probably never been done before, it aught to do more good than harm.

Who's going to suffer the irony of telling us we can't?

krott5333
11-15-2007, 07:02 PM
if I owned my own house I'd do it without a second thought!

DealzOnWheelz
11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
This is a great idea for homeowners.

Students.. don't go painting ya mommas house without permission.

LOL

Sematary
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I own a brick house. I don't know about painting it but I might consider chalking it.

awigo50
11-15-2007, 07:07 PM
My father posts GO SOX on our barn (written in strings of red christmas lights) whenever the red sox get to the playoffs. RON PAUL is only two more letters... :)

ronpaulyourmom
Lets Paint Ron Paul on a swath of ground large enough to be visible from an airplane.

From space would be awesome but I doubt that's possible haha.

Matthew Zak
I live in my parent's basement, and I KNOW my step dad won't let me do this -- then again... I could propose it anyway... hmm... (If I had a home I'd have done it by now).

But I know there are enough home owners out there who strongly support Ron Paul.

There's no shame in hiring someone to paint an awesome mural on your house. That adds to the spirit of the competition, and the overall affect.

We could have an April deadline?

Mark Rushmore
Whoever suggested that we PAINT Ron Paul on the side of our house is a genius.

You're too kind ;). I've been trying to decide between the roof lettering and the painting.

constituent
11-15-2007, 07:09 PM

Matthew Zak
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
YES!!!

Anyone with farm land could do crop circles! This is getting good guys!

Man from La Mancha
11-15-2007, 07:18 PM
lets see some pictures.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one

Avalon
11-15-2007, 07:19 PM
I live in my parent's basement Are you one of the hackers/spammers we've been hearing so much about the past 7 months?

Matthew Zak
11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Are you one of the hackers/spammers we've been hearing so much about the past 7 months?

Hahaha no. I just had a relationship thing... single now... recouping... etc etc etc

Matthew Zak
11-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Maybe I should create a poll to see of those who have houses, who'd be willing to do this. Or we could just keep bumping this until we see any good reason not to go ahead and give this a shot!

GoPaul
11-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion on a washable aluminum siding paint?? I can't have this done long term. But part of my house is on a larger traffic street, and if I can get a washable base I may be able to convince the rest of the tenants for a time being. ;)

American
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
This is a great idea but I dont have any neighbors so it would only be for this forum, and NO I dont like this forum that much to paint my house.

happyphilter
11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
haha I live in the basement too (just transfered to a local school for another degree)
I would do it, and im sure my mom would be up for it, but my dad is kinda a stick in the mud.

Voice
11-15-2007, 09:11 PM
If we can get a large enough block of houses near a place often looked at, such as a major airport, that might make the news. I'm thinking a solid block 5x20 houses in size. We can pay off those we can't recruit. We can glue white tiles to the roofs to spell RON PAUL big enough to make Google maps!

Voice
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
We could get 500 red cars, and park them to form RON PAUL in a large parking lot just as a satellite is passing. I don't think it would be too hard to find out who Google is buying from, and where the satellites are flying at a given time. If 10 people from one area will tell me they're interested, I'll do the research myself.

Voice
11-15-2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.dickblick.com/zz000/07/

The problem with washable paint is that every rain will wash it away...

TruckinMike
11-15-2007, 09:35 PM
mow my pasture... hhhmm?

What a fun project... mow in "ROn Paul" and cover with white lime. I live 1 mile from a small airport with a helicoptor training center. They would be buzzing my place all the time.. Of course i dont know how many people would see it. But lots of birds would.:D It would probably be more valuable as a gimic than actual advertising.

TM

Sol
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Tis the season. How about using Christmas lights to spell out Ron Paul.