PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul routs could spell trouble for Romney at convention

sailingaway
05-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Ron Paul routs could spell trouble for Romney at convention

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/07/ron-paul-routs-could-spell-trouble-for-romney-at-convention/#ixzz1uDAqmhu4

they are wrong about CO where Ron got 12 and Romney 13 delegates, with about 7 for Santorum in a joint Paul/Santorum slate. The SLATE won, but it reuquires the Santa people voting for Ron (which I understand is part of the deal, but I wasn't there...) to make CO a Paul state. Mind you I think the MSM awarded Ron zero or one delegates in their projections, so it still makes the point that the 'estimates' are bogus.

Indy Vidual
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Pretty good....

francisco
05-07-2012, 03:16 PM
By Steven Nelson - The Daily Caller
Associate Editor

Supporters of Texas Rep. Ron Paul’s presidential campaign have snatched up a growing number of delegates to the Republican National Convention. In some states, they are bound to vote for Mitt Romney, or another candidate, on the first ballot.

But what if these delegates do not vote for Romney? According to Josh Putnam, a Davidson College professor who authors the blog Frontloading HQ, they can abstain without violating party rules.

Read Full Article:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/07/ron-paul-routs-could-spell-trouble-for-romney-at-convention/

drummergirl
05-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Something to keep in mind in the talk about abstentions and the threats from the GOP establishment to challenge delegates if they abstain, etc...

Even if Romney can somehow threaten, coerce, and otherwise put together 1144 delegates using these techniques, he will be faced with the reality that the republican party is not really behind him.

Normally, national convention delegates return to their home states energized and work their butts off for the next 3 months to get their nominee for president elected. So it's one thing to challenge the credentials of a handful of delegates who could be troublemakers, but whole state delegations or large chunks thereof is another story. Just how many bridges does Romney think he can burn and still win in November? (Unless of course he's not as ignorant as we think and he's just planning to cheat)