PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins Big in Nevada, Maine: “The Entire Establishment Should Be Embarassed"

sailingaway
05-07-2012, 10:05 AM
http://sgtreport.com/2012/05/ron-paul-wins-big-in-nevada-maine-the-entire-establishment-should-be-embarassed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Jeremy
05-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Some consider this a loss for Romney and the establishment, but I see it more as a win for us. The difference between 2012 and 2008 isn't that the establishment is getting weaker, but that we are getting stronger. Hopefully we can hold on to these states for many years. I imagine it will help even more in future elections. For example, how can we use our power in Mass and NV after Romney is gone?

FSP-Rebel
05-07-2012, 10:24 AM
In the off season, the C4L would take over building coalitions and keeping the right people involved. It's kind of our tea party movement but it's actually under libertarian control. The local meetings I've attended in my area put on by Ron folk tend to get a fair amount of attendance from Santorum/Gingrich/Bachmann/Perry/Cain types who line up with us on various issues of economic/health care policies.
Since there isn't much discussion on foreign policy locally, we can really win them over to our side and become buddies to keep injecting more grassroots conservatism into our state and local parties.

jbauer
05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Where are there C4L meetings going on?

sailingaway
05-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Where are there C4L meetings going on?

there are few during the election because they had to create a wall between it and the campaign and a lot of the C4L people are working on the campaign. It is sort of a skeleton staff left right now.

But they had endorsements and candidate and issue vetting and activist training sessions in all the years between 2008 and 2012. They still put out alerts from time to time as with HR347 and SOPA etc.

RabbitMan
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
We had them in Little Rock, AR and Seattle, WA. Unfortunately both of them were majority conspiracy-theorists, but if anything else its a good reason to get involved in order to dilute that element.