PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporters Seize Control of Maine GOP Convention (not just the AP junk)

sailingaway
05-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Maine Republicans backing Ron Paul have learned a lot since March when their candidate's second-place finish to Mitt Romney was decided by three points in a straw poll that they say was manipulated by the Maine Republican party's inner circle.

Since then, Maine's Ron Paul supporters have learned a thing or two about how to run a convention. And this weekend, they ran Maine's Republican establishment right out of Augusta Civic Center.

"Most of us, if you ask us any questions about Roberts Rules of Order, we know it, rules of the convention, we know it, how to get delegates, we know it -- the archaic rules of the Republican party, we know them," said Matt MacDonald, a Ron Paul supporter from Belfast.

MacDonald and other Maine delegates who are behind the Texas congressman moved fast and overwhelmed the party's establishment core. First, the Ron Paul supporters were able to narrowly elect one of their own members as convention chair. Brent Tweed defeated party establishment candidate Charles Cragin and then went on to craft the remainder of the convention in a way that only emphasized the presidential component of the convention.

more at link (but they don't mention that it was obstruction by the Romney folks that meant there was no time for the Senate candidates. At the end of the day we still weren't able to finish business.
http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/21699/Default.aspx

Bastiat's The Law
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Correct them in the comment section if you can.

CaptUSA
05-07-2012, 09:11 AM
"I'm confident that there will be a challenge at the Credentials Committee at the Republican National Convention, which meets the week before the actual convention takes place, to sort these things out, but we have allegations--and I'm sure there's allegations on both sides--of voter fraud," Cragin said. "I know in my own election, I lost by four votes, but in one county, for example, there were five more votes cast than there were delegates," Cragin said.

LOL... All that means is that you would have lost by five more votes if you weren't trying to cheat!!!

Funny how these guys will do everything they can to cheat, and then when they lose, they'll talk about all the cheating going on and it can't be fair. Hold on Maine, this isn't over yet! The establishment plays dirty and they won't let go easy!

sailingaway
05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
It worked for them in the caucus to begin with, they 'found' three more votes than people signed in in Portland city and threw out 70 delegates to the state from there for Ron. Even if those were real votes (we don't know since they were thrown away) and even if they were all Ron's folks, if you had deducted them from the total, Ron would still have won the delegate vote. But they used it to throw out all results. I didn't see where they even LOOKED at any Romney won -- and Nevada threw out caucuses similarly. THEY will cheat to throw out results they don't want. Just look at the fake ballots they were circulating.