PDA

View Full Version : In Nevada, how did we lose that 1 congressional district if we won the rest

robertwerden
05-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Honestly can't figure it out.
We had the majority and we won every single section of the slate except that one.

My feeling, is the people who were counting that district committed fraud. Our delegates all voted exactly the same on every other section of the ballot, how is it that magically the one CD was different?

There is 20 hours of video on the ustream channel which I am certain holds the answer as to who was counting the votes on the box that contains the CD that we lost.

LostNFoundNTx
05-07-2012, 08:10 AM
If it's like TX, then only delegates in CD 2 can place votes for national CD delegates from CD 2. This suggests we had a majority of support in all but one CD (more importantly, we did not have a majority within that last CD).

GRNBO
Could be anything really... bribery, even plain old peer pressure.

UtahApocalypse
Because you only vote for the CD you live in and we did not have people from CD 2

Jeremy
05-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I think you meant CD2, not 1? (If I remember)

Simply put, it had more Romney supporters. States have different supporters, why can't districts?

robertwerden
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I did not know that the districts voted separate. I assumed the entire delegation voted as one body.

MyEyesTheyBurn
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Honestly can't figure it out.
We had the majority and we won every single section of the slate except that one.

My feeling, is the people who were counting that district committed fraud. Our delegates all voted exactly the same on every other section of the ballot, how is it that magically the one CD was different?

There is 20 hours of video on the ustream channel which I am certain holds the answer as to who was counting the votes on the box that contains the CD that we lost.

We had less support in that CD and I believe you could only vote for the delegates from your CD + at large delegates. I am from that CD2, I think we only had about 30%~40% of the delegates at the county convention in Washoe. CD1 and CD3 are essentially Vegas (where we had 60+% of delegates). CD2 is pretty much the Northern Nevada. CD4 is the new district, I'm not sure where it is. CD4 has been created as a result of the 2010 census. I think it is the middle part of Nevada - Mineral, part of Lyon, Esmeralda, Nye, Lincoln counties.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/File:NV_Congressional_Draft_October_2011.JPG

Jeremy
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I did not know that the districts voted separate. I assumed the entire delegation voted as one body.
Some delegates are for the whole state while others are for each district.

speciallyblend
05-07-2012, 08:36 AM

please edit thread:) cd's voted that way on friday in colorado. Then the next day everyone voted on national delegates that were not congressional district.

speciallyblend
05-07-2012, 08:37 AM
edit error,