PDA

View Full Version : Ok enough is enough - bad Journalism

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Please read this link, alot of these news stories are completely damaging, we might read it and think what a tool, but before I woke up, I would have read something like this and make me hate a movement such as this infiltrating the Republican party... yes yes I used to be Bush fan lol before I learn't the term Blow Back and youtubed it.

Ok read the article below this post, and its cut and paste (I edited this bcs poeple didn't want me to post the link generating more traffic to this post)

Now I was so mad I found out this guy works at Yale, and got hold of his e-mail adress of their website.

john.stoehr@yale.edu

We need to e-mail this guy and his bosses, yes YALE MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS, because there are such blatant inaccuracies that they are either deliberate or incomptent, and Yale is known as one of the best in the world.

Email them demanding a retraction and apology about blatant errors, and if there is anyone down in that area, can you please get a camera phone and interview this guy and put it up on youtube. YOU DO NOT MESS WITH THIS MOVEMENT.

below is a copy and paste of the article incase they pull it.

Subscribe
New Statesman
Newsletter

Ron Paul, US Republican presidential candidate
Republican presidential candidate, Ron Paul, talks to the media at the University of Maryland on 28 March 2012. Credit: Getty Images

Rick Santorum is gone. So is Newt Gingrich. Everything looked ready for a general election match-up between Republican Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama. Just one thing, though. Ron Paul. Most of us forgot he was still running, few of us realized he was pulling off a kind of quite coup, and no one seems to know what it means.

Paul is the libertarian candidate whose Old Right platforms were all the rage in 1939. Romney, Santorum or Gingrich have beaten him in all the primaries and caucuses. Even so, he and his small army of supporters, which by some estimates has doubled since his 2008 run for the White House, is slowly staking up delegates against frontrunner Romney in states that held nonbinding caucuses. Over the weekend, he took Nevada and Maine. The weekend prior, he took Louisiana. Others include Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado and Alaska.

Last week, news reports came out slowly and then more frequently on what Paul was doing and why he might be doing it. Bottom line: We know how, but not why. We also know that the Republican establishment isn't taking this well. An attorney for the Republican National Committee warned Nevada that it could forfeit its spot at the national convention if Paul walks away a winner. Fox News, when it covered the RNC's threat, summed up the establishment view: Paul's "renegade campaign" hopes to "tinker with the Nevada delegate count" in order to "hijack the GOP convention."

Before I get to why he's doing it, let me explain what he's doing and how. To that end, recall that the Republican Party changed the rules of the nomination process so that delegates to the national convention are awarded proportionally instead of winner-take-all. That is, a candidate gets a percentage of the delegates (the total of which differs from state to state) depending on how much of the popular vote he received. Some states, like Florida, rejected the new rules and remained winner-take-all. In any event, in states that held primaries, a candidate either won all delegates or some, and the results were binding.

This is not the case in caucus states. The results of the popular vote were not binding. So the real work of deciding which delegates were going to represent which candidates was done at the precinct and state levels. That's where the enthusiasm and organization of Paul's campaign was superior to Romney's even though Romney's campaign is much larger and more capitalized. In Nevada, Paul took 20 of 28 delegates. In Maine, it was 22 of 25. In Louisiana, 111 of 150. And so on.

Still, it's small beer. Romney's delegate count is 865 and he's on course to win the 1,144 needed for the nomination. For Paul, despite a superior organizing effort and huge crowds greeting him at universities and college towns, the total is a mere 93. That's a lot of effort for so little in return.

So what does it amount to? No one knows. Paul could be making a point: the neoconservatives who currently dominate the party should not alienate the party's libertarian wing. It could be a power play. If Paul captures five states, he can force a floor vote at the convention. This vote will be immediately and overwhelmingly stomped, but it might give Paul a chance to push his agenda to a bigger audience. Other than this, most say little will come of Paul's mini-coup, but some are saying time will tell. We don't know which delegates are saying they represent Romney but are secretly supporting Paul for instance. Then there are all those delegates pledged to Santorum and Gingrich. They have only suspended their campaigns. The delegates are up for grabs if they're released.

But there might be another way of looking at this. Paul is already appealing to Tea Party voters. He's also appealing to some left-of-center voters who yearn for an end to the war on terror and the war on drugs (both Paul platforms). Given this, it would be possible, maybe plausible, for Paul to represent an alternative to Romney-Obama.

If rejected at the national convention (and he surely knows he would be), Paul might redirect his support to laying the groundwork for a third party challenge. Even then, he'd be stomped. Some say the point ultimately is about the man's ideas, not the man himself. By spreading his ideas, and converting the formerly unconverted to the joys of cold-blooded Ayn Rand-style libertarianism, Paul could be making a bid for himself as a high-profile party boss.

This is politics, after all -- the art of the possible.

Tags: Republican Primaries Ron Paul Mitt Romney

More from John Stoehr

kathy88
05-07-2012, 04:34 AM
Generally when posting crap, it is customary to break the link to the original article so as not to generate traffic directly to the site, thus increasing the article in search engines. And this is crap :)

1000-points-of-fright
05-07-2012, 04:47 AM
I understand your frustration with what passes for journalism these days but I don't think this applies.

A) It's pretty much an opinion piece
2) It's British

MarcusI
05-07-2012, 04:50 AM
What are the blatant errors other than comparing the 111 Lousiana delegates to state convention with the RNC delegates from Maine and Nevada?

(Remember this is a comment)

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 05:15 AM
yes, but this dude works in Yale which is an American University, so what if its opionoin, emails putting pressure will effect Yale bcs they all based on image, they don't like their image getting hurt.

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 05:17 AM
the blatant inaccuracies is the delgate count which is false, does Romeny have those 800+ delegates even though most states are still to elect thier delegates, what about the Virgin Islands being a straw poll he won. Its basically puts pressure on them, 3 min to write an e-mail is not gonna hurt.

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 05:21 AM
ok I took the link out, but you must rememember, being here in the UK, I googled RON PAUL just those 2 words and 3 articles pop up and this is one of them, so its already up there, the damage has been done. I also have a theory as to why they do this, they have to write some articles about him bcs they know poeple will google Ron Paul, and this is the 1st stuff they see, 3 hit pieces. Infact its not enough to tell poeple to google Ron Paul, you have to tell them to youtube Ron Paul or goto sites like Ron Paul Flix. Because trust me man, google Ron Paul and you see this crap. This guy works at Yale university and I SAY GIVE HIM HELL.

Student Of Paulism
05-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Yale = Skull and Bones....aka, Illuminati, One World Gov, Death Cult HQs. Nuff said.

Btw, no way that would be in the top 3 of searches, at least not on the main vanilla google search. Are you using google.uk or something? Because that surely isnt showing on the 1st 3 pages, let alone the 1st 3 results.

Then again, google is a total CIA/Darpa operation anyway, and can do virtually anything it wants. If they wanted Ron Paul to show up for things like googling 'daffy duck' as the #1 result, they could do so easily.

liberalnurse
05-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Didn't see this posted and since the thread is "bad journalism."

Charles Cragin, a Romney supporter who lost Saturday’s bid to chair the convention, called the turn of events at the Maine convention “bizarre.” Cragin said the Paul-led delegation may not be recognized at the national convention because of violations of rules of procedure this weekend in Augusta.

“They have so phenomenally screwed this up that they will go to Tampa and not be seated,” Cragin said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/75964.html#ixzz1uBVRn9l9

:mad:

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 06:17 AM
yes its google.co.uk srry should have been more specific, and when I do a straight up ron paul google right at the top it will always have 3 news articles links with the words news for ron paul.. often the chrsitian science monitor will come up, the washington rubbish will come up , right now that new statesmen article is now gone, bit in its place is an article from the las vegas sun.

these articles are more often then not hit pieces, rarely do you get a nice one. and this is what poeple get when they google ron paul from england I suppose.

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 06:19 AM
yes but how cool would it be if you go staright to the head of the snake with a camera phone and ask him why you posting rubbish. YES THIS WILL TAKE BALLS, but it has to be done. Stomp on the skull and bones make them SCARED OF YOU.

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 06:22 AM
I'M TELLING YA NOW MAN, time to stand up these poeple, right now these journos are writing what they are told to right... OR THEY SLECT THE RIGHT POEPLE to write this stuff, if we start putting camera phones in their face when they coem out of their comfortable place of work, they will think a bit more next time they write garbage.

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 06:25 AM
the site is ww.newstatesman.com/blogs/international-politics/2012/05/why-ron-paul-could-still-rain-romneys-parade if you want to goto it.

speciallyblend
05-07-2012, 06:26 AM
ad-lib the article, kinda like a friend of mine did. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?374810-Ad-Lib-the-MSM

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 06:31 AM
yeah my favourite line from one of the forum members here with journalists.... Ron paul will not win the nomination, FILL IN THE BLANK HERE______________________________________________ ________________

freedomordeath
05-07-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm telling ya guys, these guys are now doing a full attack in the press, they are setting this up so that our delegates get thrown out at Tampa for dodgy activity, some even say the Tray Martin case is primed ready for the Tampa convention. WE CANNOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS. we need to start putting cameras in the faces of these Journos, we need to make them famous on youtube, we need to go on the offensive. These newspaper articles are killing us on google searches, not everyone goes looking for Ron Paul on youtube.