PDA

View Full Version : I am going to Tampa as a Nevada delegate!

VegasPatriot
05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I am pleased to announce I will be attending the 2012 RNC representing Ron Paul as a national delegate from Nevada. This is an especially sweet victory for me since I was on the RP slate of at-large delegates that should have gone to Minneapolis in 2008. This year once again, I made it onto the RP slate… only this time they could not stop us; we won 22 of the 25 available delegates. I tied for fifth place on the ballot for at-large delegates and I am looking forward to representing RP in Tampa. Thanks to all of the wonderful RP delegates here in Nevada for your support. I would also like to thank the members here at RPF that have supported me through my efforts in both this campaign and my work with Oath Keepers. I promise I will not let you down at this year’s national convention.

NOBP

drummergirl
05-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Congratulations! I'm so glad your perseverance has paid off :D

eleganz
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
congrats!!!

now start practicing your hard sell, there are plenty of delegates to be converting at the RNC :)

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Wooot!!

Go Nevada!!

Tyler_Durden
05-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Bartender! Get me a round of +reps for my friend!

kill the banks
05-06-2012, 11:26 PM
lucky you ... history

CMoore
05-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Cool. I ran as a delegate from Alabama in both 2008 and 2012. But did not get elected either time.

surf
05-06-2012, 11:37 PM
congratulations. very proud of you guys. give 'em hell in Tampa (even if they put your asses in the back of the room)

Bastiat's The Law
05-06-2012, 11:46 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ETVNmiuMSrc/T3hPLeOZxTI/AAAAAAAABlA/JPr_TnQ3k9M/s1600/vasquez-lets-rock.jpg

francisco
05-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Congratulations! Your hard work, and that of the rest of the Nevada campaign paid off.

+rep

Algorres
05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I had goosebumps when they read off the winners. The card rule was funny but you got a great picture out of it. On my way home I stopped in Tonopah for gas and our Sgt. at arms pulled up next to me with his vehicle all decked out for Paul. We started a small Paul convoy and enjoyed passing a small van of Romney supporters doing 60 in a 70. What an amazing time I had this weekend.

DamianTV
05-07-2012, 01:26 AM
lucky you ... history

There is a funny thing about Luck. The harder you Try, the more Luck you seem to have.

This is an example of true selflessness. I feel honored to have people like VegasPatriot willing to do something so major for the benefit of everyone else, not just himself. It is this kind of behavior that inspires true humility in people that understand what gestures like this mean to everyone. We are the lucky ones, that people like VegasPatriot exist, and we should all show our utmost gratitude!

Now, lets see if we can win the National Convention!

Allan Bartlett
05-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Congratulations. What an honor to be rewarded with such an important duty for all of your hard work on behalf of liberty in Nevada. Well done.

JudgeNapFan
05-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Woot!

donnay
05-07-2012, 02:57 AM
This is great news!! Congrats! +rep

PHONETOOL
05-07-2012, 03:23 AM
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98/PHONETOOL/Miscellaneous/cg.jpg

kathy88
05-07-2012, 03:28 AM
You guys did such an awesome job this weekend. How fun was it when they drug out the fake ballot passers?

Bastiat's The Law
05-07-2012, 04:58 AM
I had goosebumps when they read off the winners. The card rule was funny but you got a great picture out of it. On my way home I stopped in Tonopah for gas and our Sgt. at arms pulled up next to me with his vehicle all decked out for Paul. We started a small Paul convoy and enjoyed passing a small van of Romney supporters doing 60 in a 70. What an amazing time I had this weekend.
That's awesome! You should consider doing a long write up describing your journey to delegate.

anewvoice
05-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Congrats! +rep

WilliamC
05-07-2012, 05:22 AM
I am pleased to announce I will be attending the 2012 RNC representing Ron Paul as a national delegate from Nevada. This is an especially sweet victory for me since I was on the RP slate of at-large delegates that should have gone to Minneapolis in 2008. This year once again, I made it onto the RP slate… only this time they could not stop us; we won 22 of the 25 available delegates. I tied for fifth place on the ballot for at-large delegates and I am looking forward to representing RP in Tampa. Thanks to all of the wonderful RP delegates here in Nevada for your support. I would also like to thank the members here at RPF that have supported me through my efforts in both this campaign and my work with Oath Keepers. I promise I will not let you down at this year’s national convention.

NOBP

You are my hero for the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olzz82oRCMI

Bern
05-07-2012, 05:28 AM
F Yeah!

speciallyblend
05-07-2012, 05:29 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ETVNmiuMSrc/T3hPLeOZxTI/AAAAAAAABlA/JPr_TnQ3k9M/s1600/vasquez-lets-rock.jpg

i feel so happy for everyone, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpcNEdQ7xU<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpcNEdQ7xU">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpcNEdQ7xU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpcNEdQ7xU)

keh10
05-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Congratz. I'd be happy to contribute to a chip in if you need any help getting to Tampa.

nobody's_hero
05-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Yeah, not just Ron Paul, but you represent all of us. Glad you made it. I can throw in a few bucks as well, if you need travel expenses.

PatriotOne
05-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Congrats and thanks for all your dedication. You guys were WARRIORS in Nevada! It was so exciting to watch you guys in action (via live feed).

If you are looking for options on how to get to Tampa you might check with Susan Wolfe. She is the travel coordinator for the Paul Festival taking place that weekend and they are also providing RonVoys for the delegates.

RON PAUL DELEGATE TO THE RNC
If you are a Ron Paul delegate to the Republican National Convention, we invite you to utilize the Ronvoy process to get to Tampa. We want to help you get to Tampa, first to attend Paul Festival 2012, and then to continue on in Tampa for the RNC. Please register here if you are a confirmed or potential delegate for Ron Paul or contact Susan Wolfe at 424-254-8911 for more information.

http://www.paulfestival.com/

fatjohn
05-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Are you bound to Paul or to Romney?

Dianne
05-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Thank you !!

tuggy24g
05-07-2012, 06:15 AM

NOBP

Since your going to Tampa we should try to work out plains so we can keep Romney from getting 1144 delegates at the convention.

WilliamC
05-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Since your going to Tampa we should try to work out plains so we can keep Romney from getting 1144 delegates at the convention.

Yea but plans would serve you better ;)

lib3rtarian
05-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Congrats man. And thanks for winning Nevada for Paul.

GRNBO
05-07-2012, 07:58 AM

NOBP

Awesome job you guys did, I watched the whole thing.

I can only imagine how exhilarating it would have been to be there for some of that, I bet you could just feel the energy in the room! I saw many times the body just erupted with enthusiasm for Ron Paul and freedom, I bet the other delegates and Romney supporters didn't know they would end up at a rally for liberty that day. I wonder how many of them were just in awe?

JS4Pat
05-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Congratulations! Would LOVE to be in your shoes. I live in Florida and will be in Tampa. Contact me if you need anything.

S.Shorland
05-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Congratulations.Give 'em liberty.

VegasPatriot
05-07-2012, 02:41 PM
I am humbled and overwhelmed by the comments in this thread (as I write this I continue to wipe tears from my eyes). Again, I promise to do my best to represent all here well. Thanks for the offers of financial support for my trip to Tampa… however, I plan to pay for this trip myself if possible. I own a small business (no employees) related to the real estate industry and if work stays steady from now until August, I should be OK. Nothing short of death will stop me from going to Tampa so if I find that I do need financial help I will let you know. It may be hard for me to take enough time off to go to both the RP festival and the RNC… but for now let’s just play it by ear.

As far as the questions concerning my vote and binding of delegates goes… I think everyone here in Nevada that knows me knows how I will vote… NOBP. We have been and will continue to be in contact with the national RP campaign and we plan to follow their advice. We do have a plan but I will not post our strategies on this open forum, I am sure you all understand.

I have replied to each of you that have left comments in this thread through the rep system… and it looks like the limits have been removed because all of you have received a +rep from me. I can’t say it enough… thank you, thank you, thank you. I will continue to monitor RPF for information to help us in Tampa.

VegasPatriot
07-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Well, I was hoping I would not have to ask, but… work has been slow and I could use some financial support for my trip to Tampa, as a Nevada delegate to the RNC. I understand that those of you that do not know me will want to make sure I am a dedicated Ron Paul supporter, so…

Here is my YouTube channel where I have posted my Ron Paul videos since 2007 http://www.youtube.com/user/VegasPatriot?feature=mhee.

I helped Stewart Rhodes start up Oath Keepers and I make most of their videos. I also started and maintain OK’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OathKeepersOK/featured

Here is the thread I started after becoming a delegate: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...evada-delegate (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375301-I-am-going-to-Tampa-as-a-Nevada-delegate)!

I’m a bit leery of publishing too much private information, so I will stop here. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Here is the link to my chipin page: http://vegaspatriot.chipin.com/vegaspatriot-to-tampa

Thank you for your support.

GunnyFreedom
07-14-2012, 02:46 PM

NOBP

Good stuff! See you there! I'm bringing 20 NCGOP lapel pins for trading purposes. Apparently that's a 'thing.'

kathy88
07-14-2012, 02:47 PM
You might want to start a new thread. I'll kick in when I get paid.

cheapseats
07-14-2012, 03:09 PM
You might want to start a new thread. I'll kick in when I get paid.

Disagree. Shocker, right?

Other Delegates are also looking at Unusual Expenses, on the heels of some kinda DE-motivating emails. Some people are positioned to absorb Unusual Expenses, many are NOT.

A'course, maybe that's why those emails were sent...TO incline economically challenged Delegates to save themselves the expense.

VegasPatriot is traveling not from THE furthest continental point, but VegasPilot presumably IS traveling from Las Vegas...across most of the damn country.

TRANSPARENCY sez put it out in the open...NOT precise travel logistics (times/routes) but cost of travel from point A to point B, and cost per night to STAY somewhere, and cost per day to be AWAY from another place if applicable.

The jury seems to be out on RUCKUS or NO RUCKUS, but the choice evaporates without Warm Bodies on hand. Shy of at least one righteously angry Billionaire stepping in and doing the hostile takeover thing, NOBODY is competing with Obama & Romney from the BUCKS angle.

Tampa in August will take care of the WARM part, which "just" leaves the SHEER NUMBERS hurdle.

Once y'all hash out what this spectacle of gen-yoo-INE activism will cost...to get ALL of Ron Paul's Delegates and as many Die Hards as possible to Tampa...THEN a dedicated thread for mission-specific, closed-end fundraising.

"IMHO", LOL.

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Disagree. Shocker, right?

Other Delegates are also looking at Unusual Expenses, on the heels of some kinda DE-motivating emails. Some people are positioned to absorb Unusual Expenses, many are NOT.

A'course, maybe that's why those emails were sent...TO incline economically challenged Delegates to save themselves the expense.

VegasPatriot is traveling not from THE furthest continental point, but VegasPilot presumably IS traveling from Las Vegas...across most of the damn country.

TRANSPARENCY sez put it out in the open...NOT precise travel logistics (times/routes) but cost of travel from point A to point B, and cost per night to STAY somewhere, and cost per day to be AWAY from another place if applicable.

The jury seems to be out on RUCKUS or NO RUCKUS, but the choice evaporates without Warm Bodies on hand. Shy of at least one righteously angry Billionaire stepping in and doing the hostile takeover thing, NOBODY is competing with Obama & Romney from the BUCKS angle.

Tampa in August will take care of the WARM part, which "just" leaves the SHEER NUMBERS hurdle.

Once y'all hash out what this spectacle of gen-yoo-INE activism will cost...to get ALL of Ron Paul's Delegates and as many Die Hards as possible to Tampa...THEN a dedicated thread for mission-specific, closed-end fundraising.

"IMHO", LOL.
Spare me the mumbo jumbo and go find something else to do if you're not gonna add anything of value to this delegate's thread. She just suggested that since the direction of the thread has turned to financial assistance, it might be a good idea to start a new one so all the crucial info can be in the OP and not buried in this thread that may not be viewed in full by all interested parties. We need to get our delegates to Tampa irregardless of what some email says. Ron will reveal what's good to those at his rally and the other private events he'll have down there, not necessarily in an email that can be seen by other forces this far in advance. The cards are close to the vest here. For the record, I know this response won't suffice to you so you can save the bs to yourself.

cheapseats
07-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Spare me the mumbo jumbo and go find something else to do if you're not gonna add anything of value to this delegate's thread. She just suggested that since the direction of the thread has turned to financial assistance, it might be a good idea to start a new one so all the crucial info can be in the OP and not buried in this thread that may not be viewed in full by all interested parties. We need to get our delegates to Tampa irregardless of what some email says. Ron will reveal what's good to those at his rally and the other private events he'll have down there, not necessarily in an email that can be seen by other forces this far in advance. The cards are close to the vest here. For the record, I know this response won't suffice to you so you can save the bs to yourself.

@FSP-Rebel, presumably "Free" State Project "Rebel":

My post is DIRECTLY on point.

Ask around outside The Bubble to verify that I am not the only Freedom Fighter who has found the "Free Staters" to be arrogant and elitist. Ask around outside The Bubble to verify that New Hampshire is not renowned as the new "beacon on the hill", distinct from the rest of the "United" States.

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2012, 07:45 PM
@FSP-Rebel, presumably "Free" State Project "Rebel":

My post is DIRECTLY on point.

Ask around outside The Bubble to verify that I am not the only Freedom Fighter who has found the "Free Staters" to be arrogant and unwelcoming. Ask around outside The Bubble to verify that New Hampshire is not renowned as the new "beacon on the hill", distinct from the rest of the "United" States.
I became involved in the FSP like 8 years ago, moved 5 years after, then left after 1.5 years. It's a great state to live in and wish I could still be there but family biz has returned me to where I am yet I hope to go back there at sometime in the future. I still advocate for others to go the FSP route because they have been successful in making NH more free and will only continue to do so as more people move there. You are right in saying that many of the FSPers are NH-centric and it can be off-putting to those that don't have the luxury of participating for whatever reason. The main host on FTL has been mocking our movement as far as restoring the GOP yet he's been getting sigs to put the LP back on the ballot there, planning on running as a lib in a liberal town, even though NH has a far more liberty-oriented GOP than most. His own cohost thinks he's nuts. My point still stands in regards to the delegate situation and what the campaign is doing behind the scenes. You don't have to like it.

cheapseats
07-14-2012, 07:49 PM
...You don't have to like it.

RIGHT BACK ATCHA, regarding my post...which was DIRECTLY on point, unlike your last.

MelissaCato
07-14-2012, 07:54 PM
<<KISSES>> Ron Paul 2012 !!

cheapseats
07-14-2012, 08:29 PM

DIRECTLY on point.

JVParkour
07-14-2012, 09:15 PM
How about you shut up and stop being noobs and focus on helping out one of our own instead of actively derailing a thread?

Good luck VegasPatriot, I don't have any extra to kick your way, but I wish you the best and good luck!

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2012, 09:26 PM
RIGHT BACK ATCHA, regarding my post...which was DIRECTLY on point, unlike your last.
Thank you for taking the crux of what I said under advisement. And the bulk of it, cool. I'm not in the ... " " CAPS kind of life. I know u can do better.

But when u have an extra $5 to push on our dels instead of your mouth I'll be obliged to ya. Thx in advance!