PDA

View Full Version : Debate Tactics: Framing the Issues for The Average Joe

micahnelson
11-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Most people do not have the reading comprehension to understand the meaning of the declaration of independence or the preamble to the constitution.

We cannot rely completely on complicated messages. Many people do not have the mental capacity or the willingness to understand big words and abstract concepts.

So, I think we need to brainstorm a little bit and figure out the best 5-10 second responses for the issues at hand.

Economy (I head a good one on the forums "Time to cut up Washington DC's Credit cards)

Foreign Policy

Global War on Terror

Iraq

Immigration

Education

Healthcare

Others...

Lets give Dr. Paul and each other some one-liners and soundbytes to perk the interests of those who are just now paying attention to the race.

Note: These people will not go to youtube, ronpaullibrary.org, etc. We have to have these ideas put out there by Dr. Paul himself or the media, and in order to make it past the filter- it has to be finely tuned.

This doesn't mean dumbing it down, think of it as Weapons-Grade Truth- Truth optimized for maximum impact.

Energy
11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Great idea. Saw this in another thread:

Iraq War: Now thousands of our men and women suffer and die in foreign battles with no real connection to our national security.

Zarxrax
11-15-2007, 07:02 PM
For each issue there needs to be a catchy rhyme that sums up the issue, kinda like "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" :p

ronpaulitician
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
The US dollar is now wearing a Chinese collar.

Isupportliberty
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Stop trying to save face in Iraq, bring our soldiers back!

TopJimmy
11-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Targeting older voters:

Foreign Policy -- "We can't afford to maintain our global military empire today (we borrow the money), and as the baby-boomer retirement tsunami hits Social Security and Medicare, there will have to be massive cuts to those entitlement programs to fund our empire."

[MONEY QUOTE]>>> "So, it's your choice - keep our promise to seniors -OR- keep policing the world - we can't do both."

micahnelson
11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
The US dollar is now wearing a Chinese collar.

ooh i like this one.

Oddball
11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Healthcare:

So, you want to put the same boobs who've screwed up Social Security, Education, FEMA, and the Department of Fatherl.....*er*...Homeland Security (or put your "favorite" worthless gubmint bureaucracy here) in charge of who your doctor is and when you get to see him??

micahnelson
11-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Healthcare: So, you want to put the same boobs who've screwed up Social Security, Education, FEMA, and the Department of Fatherl.....*er*...Homeland security in charge of who your doctor is and when you get to see him??

I can see the slogans now, "From the people that brought you social security and welfare - Government Healthcare!"

Oddball
11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
That general question works for so many isses that it's virtually indespensible. :)

micahnelson
11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Healthcare: I am a doctor, I don't just play one in election seasons.

kevinblack
11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Economy: It is time to cut the Government’s credit cards.
Foreign Policy: Freedom, Prosperity, and Peace.
Global War on Terror: Legalize the Constitution.
Immigration: Who is Ron Paul (and why is he trying to save my country?)
Healthcare: Is there a Doctor in the (White) house?

Other:
Ron Paul cured my apathy.
Legalize Freedom.