PDA

View Full Version : Which State Conventions has Romney won?

palm
05-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Where can I account for his nearly 900 delegates?

palm
05-06-2012, 05:54 PM
So Ron Paul is the Only winner of a state convention?

robertwerden
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I was thinking the same thing. How many delegates has Romney won at convention for states he supposedly already won?

Jeremy
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012#Prim ary_schedule

His delegate count is 724. Disregard projections whether they are MSM, pro-Paul, etc.

cassielund99@gmail.com
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
well Romney did win North Dakota convention by using some tactics that should be challenged. If they challenge Maine we should Challenge North Dakota.

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
North Dakota and I absolutely think we should challenge it. We ran Maine clean and that was NOT the case in North Dakota with the pro Romney chair.

Oddone
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
As far as I am aware Romney hasn't won any state Conventions other than possibly North Dakota. We basically tied Romney in Colorado, unless the Santorum delegates go to Romney. Every other State to hold a Convention has gone to Ron Paul so far. we are also doing well in many other states at the District/County level right now.

Anything I missed? I know there might be.

carterm
05-06-2012, 06:07 PM
his delegate count isn't 724. It's possible that we could have some our people in Romney delegate positions; we can't just assume.

Jeremy
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Romney has a lot of states with bound delegates. My state for example, CT, has its delegates picked by the party and they will all vote for Romney because that's how they are bound. All of the delegate counts you see on Wikipedia are real counts, not projections. So I'm not sure how you can say he doesn't have that number. Of course, that includes states like Mass where Paul supporters are bound to Romney.

palm
05-06-2012, 06:11 PM
are all delegates given through state conventions?

Jeremy
05-06-2012, 06:11 PM
are all delegates given through state conventions?
no

RPES1
05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Well how many states have unbound delegates? I mean do we actually have a chance of stopping Mitt on the first round?

RonRules
05-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Wait till we're done with the vote flipping analysis and we file a formal complaint to the Federal Election Commission, with CC: to the FBI.

His delegate count won't be 700+

palm
05-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Wait till we're done with the vote flipping analysis and we file a formal complaint to the Federal Election Commission, with CC: to the FBI.

His delegate count won't be 700+

So its looking good?

Danan
05-06-2012, 06:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012#Prim ary_schedule

His delegate count is 724. Disregard projections whether they are MSM, pro-Paul, etc.

If Romney already has 724 bound delegates, asuming that he wins absolutely no unbound ones, this means that he must not gain more than 420 delegates of the 770 (?) remaining ones or he wins the nomination on the first ballot, correct?

Given that, I really hope the folks in Nevada knew what they did when they didn't even try to unbind the delegates and that there is some secret special plan that actually does work.

So the upcoming states are going to be crucial. Ron has to win about half of the remaining delegates - in primaries! If that could be accomplished I'd say the chances to make him the nominee are really huge, because of the delegate strategy. I'd say to the phones RPFers, there most likely won't be another chance to make that great man president!

wgadget
05-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing. How many delegates has Romney won at convention for states he supposedly already won?

LOL.

Mind if I Tweet this?

The Gold Standard
05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
What's really important now is finding out how many delegates bound to other candidates are Paul delegates. If we have a majority at the national convention, then no matter how they are bound they might be able to abstain from voting for Romney on the first ballot, as long as we have a majority to keep them from being replaced or thrown out altogether.

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 07:01 PM
What's really important now is finding out how many delegates bound to other candidates are Paul delegates. If we have a majority at the national convention, then no matter how they are bound they might be able to abstain from voting for Romney on the first ballot, as long as we have a majority to keep them from being replaced or thrown out altogether.

If you ACTUALLY have a majority, or if a conservative coalition we create does, you can probably vote to unbind at RNC. I don't have the rules, but I think it likely.

JustinL
05-06-2012, 07:07 PM
well Romney did win North Dakota convention by using some tactics that should be challenged. If they challenge Maine we should Challenge North Dakota.
Why 'if'? We should challenge everything we can fairly challenge regardless of what the Romney camp does.

JustinL
05-06-2012, 07:11 PM
If you ACTUALLY have a majority, or if a conservative coalition we create does, you can probably vote to unbind at RNC. I don't have the rules, but I think it likely.

If we actually pulled that off would any still be bound by state law to vote for their original state bounding? Are we going to be deciding at the convention which people are willing to go to jail to get us over the hump to block Romney potentially? Some people might actually be willing to make that sacrifice given how bad things have gotten if it was necessary.

lib3rtarian
05-06-2012, 08:58 PM
For us to have the absolute majority out of the total 2,236, we also need to concentrate on the ALTERNATES as much as we concentrate on the actual delegates. If we only have delegates, but most of the alts are Romney's, then we can't abstain in the 1st ballot because our delegates will be immediately disqualified by the trigger-happy RNC jerks as not fulfilling their duties and will be replaced with alts. Then we lose for sure.

Does anyone know if the Tampa RNC convention chair can be nominated and voted on from the floor? Even if we are bound to Romney for the most part, that's only for the presidential ballot. If we have the numbers, we can elect our own guy as the convention chair and this will be a game changer. Otherwise we will have to contend with the vilest of the chairs that the RNC can throw at us, who will rebuff any dissents from the floor as being out of order.

TER
05-06-2012, 09:26 PM

Does anyone know if it needs a straight 51% majority at the RNC or does it need a supermajority, like 2/3rds, to pass such a resolution as to unbound all the delegates?

robertwerden
05-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I think bylaws is 2/3rds

enrique
05-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know if it needs a straight 51% majority at the RNC or does it need a supermajority, like 2/3rds, to pass such a resolution as to unbound all the delegates?
Almost certainly just a pure majority. Personally I don't think that will be possible but it doesn't mean that people shouldn't try to get to that threshold.

johndeal
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
The arizona convention is this Saturday. From where I sit I don't think our chances are that great. We got half of the delegates from our legislative district but we are in a small district and the others nearby didn't do as well.

juvanya
05-06-2012, 10:01 PM
He only has about 570 by my count. Altho I have to recheck Nevada.