PDA

View Full Version : Maine win going viral

r3volution
05-06-2012, 12:52 PM
google "Paul wins majority of delegates from Maine GOP"

this originated from the Associated Press .

bluesc
05-06-2012, 12:57 PM
It's because it was sent out by the AP :). It will be on the pages of hundreds, if not thousands of media organizations.

Warmon
05-06-2012, 12:57 PM
google reports: About 1,370,000 results

Krzysztof Lesiak
05-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Nice!!

back2basics
05-06-2012, 01:01 PM
awesome news

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 01:01 PM
they are trying to get their spin on it. don't click unless you like AP spin. their spin says being challenged etc and downplays it.

r3volution
05-06-2012, 01:09 PM
they are trying to get their spin on it. don't click unless you like AP spin. their spin says being challenged etc and downplays it. at this point in the game most are accepting the narrative the romney is the "presumptive" nominee so i think that any press that Ron is still in this and winning something is a good thing with these primary's that are coming up so people know there is another choice still in the race . even with the spin the headline with Pauls name it it gives a good perception . imo .

kathy88
05-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Rachel Maddow MSNBC ‏ @maddow
Ron Paul wins 22 of 25 nat'l delegates at NV Repub convention today: http://bit.ly/INUMB2 #EverybodyFreakOut!
Retweeted by ~Di Cozmo~

skiingff
05-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I just saw it on the front page of Yahoo

Okie RP fan
05-06-2012, 02:53 PM
So we officially won the plurality or majority of delegates? Plurality is more and essentially means we outright won Maine, no questions asked.

Will there be any shenanigans?

TiagoBarbosa
05-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Ive been visiting this forum for a while now, but i still dont understand what the plurality of delegates in five states means, because if Romney hits the magic number, then the plurality in five states is useless, right? Please someone explain it to me, thanks in advance.

Agorism
05-06-2012, 03:03 PM
How is Hotair so slow on this. I notice that they tend to notice things a week or two after they occur.

GRNBO
05-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Boom! 25 minutes ago...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57428773-503544/ron-paul-wins-majority-of-delegates-in-nevada-maine/

In Nevada, where Paul won 19 percent support when the state caucused in February, 22 of the 25 delegates heading to the Republican National Convention in Tampa are Paul supporters, according to the Las Vegas Sun. Romney won the other three delegates despite winning 50 percent of the vote in Nevada's caucuses.

In Maine, Paul also won a majority of delegates heading to the convention in Tampa. In that state's February caucuses, Paul received 36 percent to Romney's 39 percent support.

MSM media attention? What?

Xhin
05-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Viva la R3VOɺUTION

jay_dub
05-06-2012, 04:24 PM
The media may try to spin this, but with it being only Romney and Paul left, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that Dr. Paul is capturing the anti-Romney support that former candidates had. There is no hijacking of these conventions. Romney just does not have the support to win and now it's beginning to show.

Dutch
05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Ive been visiting this forum for a while now, but i still dont understand what the plurality of delegates in five states means, because if Romney hits the magic number, then the plurality in five states is useless, right? Please someone explain it to me, thanks in advance.

He needs plurality in 5 states or he won't be recognized at the RNC in Tampa :)

MarcusI
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Basically you are right, but "useless" is a hard word for a campaign thats purposes are not only to become president. With the plurality in 5 states he would be on the ballot in Tampa and getting more attention and news.

FindLiberty
05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
I hope Ron Paul's ~70,000 person turnout (just in the past 100 days) also gets some MSM exposure. How many have shown up for Mitt's events lately?

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 04:33 PM
How is Hotair so slow on this. I notice that they tend to notice things a week or two after they occur.

they don't want to give Ron a boost and probably hoped it would go away. They back Mitt now Gingrich is out, I'm sure.

sailingaway
05-06-2012, 04:34 PM

No, you need 5 states to do business. Propose a candidate into nomination, and essentially get motions heard and potentially passed on a variety of things.

ctiger2
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
MSM media attention? What?

It's to the point where they have no choice going forward.

Maybe that's what Stossel realized.

TiagoBarbosa
05-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Ah thanks guys for the explanation, lets hope that Dr.Paul gets the five states or possibly more.

KingNothing
05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
So we officially won the plurality or majority of delegates? Plurality is more and essentially means we outright won Maine, no questions asked.

Will there be any shenanigans?

"Plurality is more" ??? Say whatnow?

Plurality means we came in first, but did not secure a majority. Be careful with the definitions.
I think, in this instance, we actually got a majority -- and that's a great thing!

Darguth
05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
"Plurality is more" ??? Say whatnow?

Plurality means we came in first, but did not secure a majority. Be careful with the definitions.
I think, in this instance, we actually got a majority -- and that's a great thing!

We did. Reports are we have 22 of 24 of Maine's RNC delegate which is an overwhelming majority. A plurality is when you have the most delegates of any candidate but less than half. So for instance if we only had 11 of the 24 but the next closest only had 10.