PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant IDEA for cancellation of 12-4 FOX/GOP of Iowa Debate

JoeTB
11-15-2007, 06:18 PM
In the interest of the democratic process:

1) Ron Paul invites all candidates and previous audience members to a replacement debate on 12/4 in Iowa.

2) Dr. Paul also invites any interested (television/radio/online/etc) media to cover the debate live.

3) There will be podiums set up for all candidates that would have been in Fox debate.

(If none of the other candidates show up, Dr. Paul will be next to a lot of empty podiums!)

Midnight77
11-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Totally in favor of this. Now, which other network is willing to cover the GOP Party? CNN did the 1st Debate if I'm not mistaken.

Other networks should jump on this. It would make FOX News look really bad.

brianbb98
11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I think we can all agree that we dont like FOX.. Maybe the other networks will jump on the bandwagon..

WiseGuy
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
So how do we make it happen? Who are the most likely major-ish players that would jump on something like this?

me3
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
No candidate is going to accept a debate challenge from another. Particularly someone they see as beneath them in the standings. It would lend credibility to his campaign, and they sure aren't going to do that.

I'd be more interested in planning a rally or Money Bomb that day.

Goldwater Conservative
11-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Great idea, but since I doubt the "frontrunners" would even consider it, I think the media would ignore it.

However, if it were to happen, I say don't have an audience and don't have bells, whistles, or artificial time limits. Let's have civil discussion on real issues. No more BS.

Energy
11-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Great idea, but since I doubt the "frontrunners" would even consider it, I think the media would ignore it.

However, if it were to happen, I say don't have an audience and don't have bells, whistles, or artificial time limits. Let's have civil discussion on real issues. No more BS.

Yeah, no kidding. What happened to civil discussions?

And why the heck do we have to be at the mercy of FOX of all people?

MSM needs to be called out when they pull stunts and insult people's intelligence. Blowback needs to happen that will wake people up to their chicaneries.

Why can't we have debates on PBS or something?

Why is FoxNews the one involved in GOP debates? Reeks of duplicity.

Why can't we have good ol' fashioned debates and hear everyone equally?

It sure is refreshing to be having the upcoming YouTube debates.

Maybe along with election reform, we need debate reform.

JoeTB
11-15-2007, 06:40 PM
No candidate is going to accept a debate challenge from another. Particularly someone they see as beneath them in the standings. It would lend credibility to his campaign, and they sure aren't going to do that.

I'd be more interested in planning a rally or Money Bomb that day.

That's sort of the point. He would be alone next to a bunch of empty podiums. RP would not fear taking any questions from the members of the audience and answering them frankly, and at length.

***At the very least it would be disseminated online, maybe picked up by some stations, PBS, etc.

****I'm sure IOWA would appreciate it, and watch.

Good publicity. Ron Paul has no fear.

me3
11-15-2007, 06:43 PM
The media is not going to come out in force and broadcast a debate with empty podiums and Ron Paul. Your heart is in the right place, but this would take months to setup, and without the front runners, it would look like a publicity stunt, not a successful challenge to the powers that be.

theprolific
11-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Can a new debate be organized by another network?

tmg19103
11-15-2007, 06:47 PM
RP standing next to a bunch of empty podiums would REALLY make him look fringe. He is in the big leagues now and needs to play by big league rules. Rudy or Mitt would never try a stunt like this. Only a third tier candidate would, and I'm happy to say RP is top-tier.

JoeTB
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Until people hear him speak.

hillertexas
11-15-2007, 06:50 PM
I think it would be an awesome idea to hold a "down and dirty" debate. I think the other candidates could possibly be persuaded to attend if it makes them look bad to not. Invite them formally in public and in writing and have them refuse in writing. Use that to promote it as (for example) "Mitt Romney won't debate without the MSM...will you?"

I like the idea of having podiums set up even if they don't attend.

I think impromptu questions from the audience could work if we get a good moderator.

I think it would be really good even if nobody accepts the invitation and no MSM wants to cover it because...

It would turn into a town hall meeting with just Ron Paul and all those in attendence can really get to know him. I picture him with a cordless mike standing in front of a row of empty podiums.

I think the Iowans are pissed about the cancellation and might come to see Ron Paul

Mark Rushmore
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
He should invite all the candidates from both parties, if the frontrunners are no shows but he gets a handful of others to turn out - the novelty of it might get it aired. Well, it should get it aired, but I suppose I still wouldn't be hopeful.

Edit. A real shame they don't do this anyways, they should have screens up and voice changers, then we can try and guess Rudy from Hillary. Start some betting action on the whole process - that's a political process for me.