PDA

View Full Version : Biden comes out in favor of Gay Marriage. Is he going rogue on Obama?

Agorism
05-06-2012, 10:18 AM
I read earlier that he has been locked out of reelection meetings, and there may be some who want to replace him with Hillary, etc.

Which makes me wonder---->is he going rogue?

'I Am Absolutely Comfortable With Men Marrying Men, Women Marrying Women'... Spokesperson: VP 'Evolving' On Issue

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/595753/thumbs/r-BIDEN-huge.jpg
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/06/vice-president-biden-gay-marriage_n_1489235.html

cstarace
05-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Campaign tactic. Makes the Obama/Biden ticket look more gay-friendly, while still letting Obama have the out of "well I still believe in "traditional" marriage!". A way of appeasing Progressives who feel Obama hasn't been progressive enough, while also not alienating any independents in the process.

azxd
05-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Campaign tactic. Makes the Obama/Biden ticket look more gay-friendly, while still letting Obama have the out of "well I still believe in "traditional" marriage!". A way of appeasing Progressives who feel Obama hasn't been progressive enough, while also not alienating any independents in the process.Most likely true ... I hope people can see through the deception.

mport1
05-06-2012, 10:25 PM
We really should do more to reach out to the LGBT community. Obama's and Romney's position on gay marriage is despicable.

cstarace
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
We really should do more to reach out to the LGBT community. Obama's and Romney's position on gay marriage is despicable.
It's slightly hard to do when Ron's stated position on the 14th amendment would basically allow for sodomy laws to be reinstated if a state so chooses.

mport1
05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
It's slightly hard to do when Ron's stated position on the 14th amendment would basically allow for sodomy laws to be reinstated if a state so chooses.

Yeah, the whole "states' rights" position is unfortunate. However, explaining his personal view that the government should not be involved could win some converts.

cstarace
05-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, the whole "states' rights" position is unfortunate. However, explaining his personal view that the government should not be involved could win some converts.
Agreed. As a gay individual who was always fiscally conservative myself, I saw Ron as the only viable alternative. From there, I began to educate myself about the liberty movement and it grew into somewhat of an obsession haha. I think it's fairly obvious that repealing Lawrence v. Texas would not be on Ron's short list in a hypothetical presidency. But it's hard to make the argument when the majority of gays are sheeple themselves.

oyarde
05-06-2012, 10:59 PM
While I consider The Vice President to be an idiot , I say fifty / fifty , could be political pandering or he is just looking for his next mate , Lucky guy that will be ..

oyarde
05-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Agreed. As a gay individual who was always fiscally conservative myself, I saw Ron as the only viable alternative. From there, I began to educate myself about the liberty movement and it grew into somewhat of an obsession haha. I think it's fairly obvious that repealing Lawrence v. Texas would not be on Ron's short list in a hypothetical presidency. But it's hard to make the argument when the majority of gays are sheeple themselves. For real ? because , I thought , I might someday find a demographic group that was more enlightened and had pretty well given up to , just individuals , guess I was right ??

cstarace
05-06-2012, 11:06 PM
For real ? because , I thought , I might someday find a demographic group that was more enlightened and had pretty well given up to , just individuals , guess I was right ??
You're right. Almost everybody is fucking retarded.

oyarde
05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
You're right. Almost everybody is fucking retarded. I was sort of resigned to that , crap , all right, I owe you a beer .

cstarace
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
I was sort of resigned to that , crap , all right, I owe you a beer .
Make it a Pabst!

Agorism
05-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Ya, so maybe he was going rogue. He wanted the base to be angry if Obama dropped him.

Perhaps Obama preempted this by siding with Biden on gay marriage that way if he selects Shillary Clinton as VP, then his base won't be mad at him for Biden.

jmdrake
05-10-2012, 11:59 AM

Lawrence v. Texas was decided in a way that advocated group rights instead of individual rights. The Supreme Court could have ruled for Lawrence this way. Since the police didn't have a warrant and since the "probable cause" they had for going into the house was based on a lie (jilted lover lie to police and said he heard gunshots so they would go in and see the sodomy), the police shouldn't have the authority to make the arrest. In other words, say if Lawrence had been smoking pot? Under the position I'm advocating his conviction should have been thrown out too. The only exception for the "Bad faith police call" rule is if police found some person in danger or stolen property on the premises or fill-in-the-blank. Imagine how much more individual freedom such a ruling would have granted? No more "in plain sight" doctrine. The Supreme Court missed a clear opportunity to affirm and strengthen the 4th amendment.

jmdrake
05-10-2012, 12:00 PM
//

farreri
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Doesn't sodomy laws include men receiving oral sex from a women?

If so, I'm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqOBBhRpnxE

Agorism
05-10-2012, 05:52 PM
going rogue to stop Shillary from replacing him!